What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I love Evan Battey

brettden

I think he may be one of Tad's best recruits ever. Not the best player by any means, but he has everything you need in a great college player. Resilient as evidenced by overcoming significant physical trials just to play. Work ethic to get himself not only back, but to a level where he can compete in the pac12. Team guy that truly seems to care about the team more than his numbers. And I love the pic of him with all of his family and friends at the sc game. The kid is a player, and I hope that he and the other young guys on this team can grow together for the next few seasons. This has been a tough year, but I am optimistic about the next 2-3 years with this group.

That kid inspires me. I'd love to have his motivation level.

I think the next 3.5 years will be a lot of fun to watch.

Seems like a guy that people love to be around. Looks like his teammates love him.

With or without basketball his character will give him a chance to be very successful in life. Personable, respectful, self-motivated, and able and willing to overcome obstacles will carry a person far in life.

Definitely one of Tad’s best recruiting jobs. Had to beat out Purdue and Miami who have had more success in better leagues.

Always seemed to me that he had the best leadership qualities of this young core. In that, he’s vocal, personable, and has experienced adversity that can inspire others.

In recruiting, schools say that choosing a school isn’t a 4 year choice, it’s a 40 year choice to sell kids on the academics

This is the opposite. Battey is a 40 year recruit. I’m glad he’s on the team now, but I’m also very glad that he will represent CU for the rest of his life. The dude is just awesome

Tweeked his lower back last night. I’ve been there, done that. For me, it has been a thing where it is debilitating for the day or two after then improves pretty quickly. Maybe with some muscle relaxers and therapy he can be ready to go against UA.

So much to love about Evan.

The thing I was thinking about Sunday is that he called out himself and his teammates for how it was spelled out exactly what the key to beating UNI and OSU was for each game -- and they failed on those very things. If a guy is going to lead, he has to perform after speaking out. Evan responded by having the best game of his career against Utah. Completely solidifies that he has earned the right to lead.

So much to love about Evan.

The thing I was thinking about Sunday is that he called out himself and his teammates for how it was spelled out exactly what the key to beating UNI and OSU were -- and they failed on those very things. If a guy is going to lead, he has to perform after speaking out. Evan responded by having the best game of his career against Utah. Completely solidifies that he has earned the right to lead.
He definitely owned Utah. They had nothing to counter him with. The team responded to his aggressive play and it definitely made the difference. It seems like he is still progressing from his stroke, and he is now really accelerating in his development.
It would be interesting to see if he could talk Kin and TB into coming back for one more year. Probably impossible but if anyone could pull it off.......

A bit weird. I've had to do a lot of reading about PTSD as it relates to crimes (particularly assault and rape). After my next door neighbor had a heart attack and they twice had to use defibulators to "bring him back to life", I found he was also getting counseling for PTSD. Anytime you have a major, highly upsetting intrusion into your life, you may end up with it. There is a tendency to say EB had the very long, very intense reaction to da Silva's injury, because he has a big heart and because he could relate it to what happened to him. I think it could be more than that. I really like EB and hope they check it out before it maybe becomes a bigger issue.

A bit weird. I've had to do a lot of reading about PTSD as it relates to crimes (particularly assault and rape). After my next door neighbor had a heart attack and they twice had to use defibulators to "bring him back to life", I found he was also getting counseling for PTSD. Anytime you have a major, highly upsetting intrusion into your life, you may end up with it. There is a tendency to say EB had the very long, very intense reaction to da Silva's injury, because he has a big heart and because he could relate it to what happened to him. I think it could be more than that. I really like EB and hope they check it out before it maybe becomes a bigger issue.

PTSD was my fear when I was watching the game on television. I keep telling myself that CU has therapists on staff and hope Evan is dealing with it.

My nephew was attacked by a student in his classroom 2 years ago. He had a horrible concussion. He's still dealing with PTSD. He had to leave his job dealing with at risk students and ended up changing districts so he could be in a regular classroom.

PTSD was my fear when I was watching the game on television. I keep telling myself that CU has therapists on staff and hope Evan is dealing with it.

My nephew was attacked by a student in his classroom 2 years ago. He had a horrible concussion. He's still dealing with PTSD. He had to leave his job dealing with at risk students and ended up changing districts so he could be in a regular classroom.
An assault can ruin a person's ability to trust and to enjoy life. Best wishes to your nephew.

Yes it has done that. Thank you.
as an aside: When i was 3, I argued with an older kid in the park. he wanted to use the swing and I had it. he took the seat (which was thick wood, bounded by metal) and hit me in the head with it, causing me to get several stitches in my head. In those days there was no thought of counseling or talking something like that out. I'm 71 years-old and it wasn't until last year that I realized that the episode might have caused me to get PTSD and might explain why I spent much of my life angry and rebellious (I went to 3 HSs and 1 college - all of them put me on disciplinary probation and 3, including CU, threw me out). I'm happy I'm getting to understand. live and learn.

Last edited:
A) Would never count him out of reaching a goal he sets. He is one of those remarkable people in this world.

B) Almost see being a basketball coach as shooting low for him. The sky is the limit on what he can do.

Back