I love Evan Battey

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by brettden, Feb 12, 2019.

1. brettden

brettden Well-Known Member

I think he may be one of Tad's best recruits ever. Not the best player by any means, but he has everything you need in a great college player. Resilient as evidenced by overcoming significant physical trials just to play. Work ethic to get himself not only back, but to a level where he can compete in the pac12. Team guy that truly seems to care about the team more than his numbers. And I love the pic of him with all of his family and friends at the sc game. The kid is a player, and I hope that he and the other young guys on this team can grow together for the next few seasons. This has been a tough year, but I am optimistic about the next 2-3 years with this group.

SotaBuff, patebuff, buffgal and 9 others like this.
  2. ZandiBuff

ZandiBuff Club Member Club Member

That kid inspires me. I'd love to have his motivation level.

I think the next 3.5 years will be a lot of fun to watch.

3. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Pic from SC?

4. brettden

brettden Well-Known Member

It was in a story on the front page. It was him in the middle of about 50 family and friends after the game. Pretty cool.

5. SewallBeach

SewallBeach Club Member Club Member

6. buffalo1

buffalo1 Club Member Club Member

Simply awesome. Great story of overcoming adversity, and has such a future ahead.

7. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Seems like a guy that people love to be around. Looks like his teammates love him.

With or without basketball his character will give him a chance to be very successful in life. Personable, respectful, self-motivated, and able and willing to overcome obstacles will carry a person far in life.

buffgal and BeBe like this.
  8. BuffG

BuffG Well-Known Member

Definitely one of Tad’s best recruiting jobs. Had to beat out Purdue and Miami who have had more success in better leagues.

Always seemed to me that he had the best leadership qualities of this young core. In that, he’s vocal, personable, and has experienced adversity that can inspire others.

9. Hunchback Quaker

Hunchback Quaker Club Member Club Member

In recruiting, schools say that choosing a school isn’t a 4 year choice, it’s a 40 year choice to sell kids on the academics

This is the opposite. Battey is a 40 year recruit. I’m glad he’s on the team now, but I’m also very glad that he will represent CU for the rest of his life. The dude is just awesome

SotaBuff, buffgal, MtnBuff and 2 others like this.
  10. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Tweeked his lower back last night. I’ve been there, done that. For me, it has been a thing where it is debilitating for the day or two after then improves pretty quickly. Maybe with some muscle relaxers and therapy he can be ready to go against UA.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.