What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I wonder how long OSU's Marcus Smart will get suspended

Good time to mention that some ASU student spit on the Oregon team as they left the court. Everyone has some ****ty fans.

Good time to mention that some ASU student spit on the Oregon team as they left the court. Everyone has some ****ty fans.

I know. I was joking above.

However, this guy does have a history of boorish behavior...

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=i0NdJahHN0w&desktop_uri=% 2Fwatch%3Fv%3Di0NdJahHN0w%26feature%3Dyoutu.be[/video]

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=i0NdJahHN0w&desktop_uri=% 2Fwatch%3Fv%3Di0NdJahHN0w%26feature%3Dyoutu.be[/video]

Indeed, but if I was to voice my opinion I would say Smart is in the wrong here. Better for him to learn the lesson in college than the NBA.

Smart was wrong. We will see if the fan was wrong too, but given his prior history I think it's safe to say he probably said something but who knows.

Flipping players off, yelling epithets, spitting, or tossing objects is weak. Fans should be loud and if they're gonna say something or chant, be clever about it.

Feel bad for Marcus. Hopefully he'll get his **** together.

I agree. Stupid thing to do, but I did much dumber things when I was 19. Still, he needs to appreciate the consequences of his actions and I'm sure he will be held accountable by both OSU (or the XII or the NCAA) and the NBA draft.

OSU to hold a press conference this afternoon to address Marcus Smart issue.

Supposedly AD, Travis Ford, and Marcus Smart all to be at press conference.

Nice jowls!

If Orr did in fact say something racially hateful, then there is no excuse for that. Obviously Smart did what he did, and deserves punishment for that. But, I have a hard time saying what he did was wrong.

If Orr did in fact say something racially hateful, then there is no excuse for that. Obviously Smart did what he did, and deserves punishment for that. But, I have a hard time saying what he did was wrong.

So, physical violence is justified if someone says something you don't like. Okay, got it. I guess as long as the hurtful comment is racially motivated it justifies about any abhorrent action.

You have a hard time saying what he did was wrong??

You are perfectly OK with basketball players going up into the stands and physically assaulting fans in their seats??

No one is condoning what Jeff Orr did. But to say it is then "ok" for Marcus Smart to go into the stands and assault the man, in his seat, is pretty much the stupidest thing ever.

So, physical violence is justified if someone says something you don't like. Okay, got it. I guess as long as the hurtful comment is racially motivated it justifies about any abhorrent action.

:rolling_eyes: Totally what I said.

C'mon all he did was shove him (so abhorrent).

Should be an automatic ejection anytime you enter the stands. You can't enter the stands period. If you are about to lose it -- point the guy out to security -- no need to play the Mr. Tough Guy role.

You have a hard time saying what he did was wrong??

You are perfectly OK with basketball players going up into the stands and physically assaulting fans in their seats??

No one is condoning what Jeff Orr did. But to say it is then "ok" for Marcus Smart to go into the stands and assault the man, in his seat, is pretty much the stupidest thing ever.

It's interesting how you describe the event. One can say that Smart went "up into the stands and physically assaulted fans" or one can say his momentum carried him into the stands after the play and he turned around and pushed a fan who said something. Neither description is wrong, but one is slightly less vague.

I think it was your message precisely. You said that you did not consider Smart's actions as wrong because you assumed the statement from the fan was racially hateful... and yes, assaulting an old dude in the stands may be considered abhorrent.

Hey, the guy in the stands was probably wrong and if so, should have his tickets pulled for as many games as Smart is suspended. But in no way do I think that Smart is remotely justified in his actions.

Which escalated the situation. I mean, if Smart shoved him, then you couldn't really blame the guy for shoving him back or punching him, right? This is how the Indiana Pacers / Artest thing got out of control.

Should be an automatic ejection anytime you enter the stands. You can't enter the stands period. If you are about to lose it -- point the guy out to security -- no need to play the Mr. Tough Guy role.

I definitely agree with that. Absolutely deserves some form of punishment, and there are a lot of better ways he could have dealt with the issue. My freshman year here, during a rugby game, I broke a kids nose for something he said about my mother. I got kicked out of the game, and I completely deserved it. There are ways I could have handled the situation better, but it was a heat of the moment thing. I'm not sure I would have done things differently if I could go back.

Also, I should mention I don't like Marcus Smart. He's a flopper and hot-head. He really pissed me off when we played OSU. I don't think he deserves to be crucified though.

[tweet]432649915378847745[/tweet]

edit: I see ltc already posted it.

Last edited:
Which escalated the situation. I mean, if Smart shoved him, then you couldn't really blame the guy for shoving him back or punching him, right? This is how the Indiana Pacers / Artest thing got out of control.

I think it was your message precisely. You said that you did not consider Smart's actions as wrong because you assumed the statement from the fan was racially hateful... and yes, assaulting an old dude in the stands may be considered abhorrent.

Hey, the guy in the stands was probably wrong and if so, should have his tickets pulled for as many games as Smart is suspended. But in no way do I think that Smart is remotely justified in his actions.

I said I have a hard time saying he was wrong. But, I'm starting to change my mind. I didn't think about what Nik said.

Let's get this straight, what Smart did was unequivocally wrong regardless of what was said to him. Players can't go after fans. Ever.

Players should NEVER enter the stands. Fans should NEVER step onto the court.

Jeff Orr may be a racist and may have called Marcus Smart all kinds of names, he might have said Marcus Smart's dad raped little babies, and his mom had sex with donkeys - IT DOESNT MATTER. Players can NEVER enter the stands to attack a fan. Never!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
@Jake_Trotter: Orr in statement: "I regret calling Mr. Smart a “piece of crap” but I want to make it known that I did not use a racial slur of any kind."

Mr. Orr needs to learn from Tzi on how to heckle

Back