What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If Cody comes back, how much does it change your expectations & excitement for next season?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
For me, it's an absolute 180.

Cody would lead the team in a role like LBJ had on those Cleveland teams which had a lot of skilled pieces but weren't an elite supporting cast other than fitting so well with the superstar's game.

It's a team that could beat anyone on a night they're clicking.

Last edited:
For me, it's an absolute 180.

Cody would lead the team in a role like LBJ had on those Cleveland teams which had a lot of skilled pieces but weren't an elite supporting cast other than fitting so well with the superstars game.

It's a team that could beat anyone on a night they're clicking.
is this a purely hypothetical or is there some smoke out there?

This is oh so timely as I was going to post to see if anyone had seen a decision post from him. The only thing that I did notice was he was not at the end of year banquet or at least was not in pictures I saw. I think he comes back and this was always a 2 year deal but hey, I am an optimist. A glass half full guy

Speculation all morning that he's deciding still based on his own IG.

Don't know that it would make him much higher a draft choice in the lottery but another year under Tad would make him a much better basketball player and more than likely pay off significantly on his second NBA contract.

For him to come back to the Buffs for another year and be healthy there is no way it wouldn't significantly change the outlook for the season.

He showed flashes of the kind of skills that will make him a potential standout in the NBA against the best defensive players in the world. At the college level being on the floor makes everyone around him better, he becomes the focus of what the opponent is trying to stop.

With him on the floor the spot up shooters don't have to work as hard to get open looks, your big man has more room to move, space opens up for drivers.

If I were him it would be hard to risk millions of dollars of NBA contract money by coming back but I would love to see him one more year in Boulder.

I think it also depends who we get from the portal. Of course this is a chicken/egg scenario because we’d likely be able to pull a much better level of player if he announced he was staying. I have very little faith in the current guard group of Hammond, Ruffin and Smith to do anything next year in the Big12, so getting Cody back would be epic.

Im Out GIF

Stupid thread . . .

Cody coming back would be the equivalent of having Spencer his last season until Seattle, he would be unstoppable.

He might be slipping below 10
Another year where he is healthy and looks competent could get him back up to top 3

It had to have been an incredibly frustrating season for Cody. Coming back could show everyone he’s more than just potential.

It’s not going to happen of course and he should take the bag but one can hope until the final decision is made.

To answer Nik’s question, expectations go from near complete rebuild to bubble team and higher.

If he comes back then whatever agent is advising his family needs to be fired. Into the sun. That’s career malpractice.
You do realize the first word in "college athlete" is college? Maybe it's about the education!

Ok I'm heading out now, back to the 90s.

If he comes back then whatever agent is advising his family needs to be fired. Into the sun. That’s career malpractice.
I agree, but I think he operates differently than most. Just the fact that he came here shows that.

I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if he returns

I usually think it's stupid when somebody say's 'I told you so', but I caught a lot of crap for several times during the year saying I thought Cody might stay.

This is oh so timely as I was going to post to see if anyone had seen a decision post from him. The only thing that I did notice was he was not at the end of year banquet or at least was not in pictures I saw. I think he comes back and this was always a 2 year deal but hey, I am an optimist. A glass half full guy
I could see it.....I mean he's a lottery pick now if he comes out, but could be #1 overall after a year in the Big 12?

Back