What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If Hawk Gets Fired If The Buffs Lose To Wyoming Do You Root For The Cowboys?

If Hawk Gets Fired If The Buffs Lose To Wyoming Do You Root For The Cowboys?

• Go WYO- The Sooner Hawk Is Gone The Sooner This Nightmare Is Over

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • Go Buffs !! I'll Always Root For CU - They're My team

Votes: 120 88.2%

• Total voters
Do I root against the Buffs to get Hawk fired?

No.

Hell no.

**** no.

**** **** **** **** ****ity **** NO!!!!

Anyone who would root against the Buffs isn't a true fan. Period.

Anyone who would root against the Buffs isn't a true fan. Period.

I agree with never rooting against one's own team, even if you feel that a greater good in the long run will come about as a result of your team losing.

If the fan base wants a new coach, after seeing that the current one is at best mediocre and at worst just not qualified, then all they have to do is wait; mediocre and unqualified coaches lose their jobs. Maybe not soon enough for that fan base, but they do go eventually.

Always root for your team. Although I caught my self last week when There was no longer a chance to beat Toledo wondering if I should root for a blowout, to further drive home the point that Talkins has to go.

Always root for your team. Although I caught my self last week when There was no longer a chance to beat Toledo wondering if I should root for a blowout, to further drive home the point that Talkins has to go.

Kinda like cutting off your nose to spite your face?

Colorado has been my favorite team since 1986 and there is no way I would root for another team so the coach would get fired. However, that been said Darian Hagan should be the next coach for Colorado! Bring back the option not only would we win but win big!

I gotta tell you, I'm happy (and relieved) to see all the people saying, "not just no, but **** no!). Rep to all!:thumbsup:

I will cheer just as hard as always for the Buffs this weekend. What is the very best scenario for CU? That the team goes on a tear and wins the next 10 in a row. Coaching changes are hard (we should know) and I wouldn't expect the next one to be any easier.

Fusker ? ? ? :huh:

:finger::finger:

**** off !!!

I appologize, ITB. I thought this poll was Spider's handiwork. I confused the thread created with the person who had posted last. I know you are clearly a Buff fan.

You gotta admit, it would be pretty nasty if a husker troll did create this poll just to stir the pot and and watch the fireworks.

I appologize, ITB. I thought this poll was Spider's handiwork. I confused the thread created with the person who had posted last. I know you are clearly a Buff fan.

You gotta admit, it would be pretty nasty if a husker troll did create this poll just to stir the pot and and watch the fireworks.

No problemo :smile2:

being called a Fusker is usually fight'in words :lol:

There's about 10 people that need to turn in their buff cards right now. I wish ITB would have made the poll public, because there are some spineless mutha ****ers on here. Root against the Buffs? Not in a million ****ing years.

There's about 10 people that need to turn in their buff cards right now. I wish ITB would have made the poll public, because there are some spineless mutha ****ers on here. Root against the Buffs? Not in a million ****ing years.

:stupid:

There's lots of signs that the Wyoming game could very well decide the fate of Coach Hawkins.

If you knew for sure that he would get canned if CU loses to Wyoming do you hope for a Buff loss thinking that in the long run it would be for the better or will you root for a Buff win because a good fan always cheers on their team ?
Why do you think he would be fired? The AD says he supports him, and Hawkins has publicly stated he is not worried about losing his job. He has a contract extension, and the athletic department is broke. The economy sucks, so where do they get the money to buy him out? I thought they were still having troubles from paying GB?:wow:

Gotta support the kids, ALWAYS root for the team. I'm confident by now, that Hawkins will take care of himself before the end of the season, without us having to root it on.

Root for the team, support the kids. What they're going through now is hard enough without the fans piling on. They don't decide who plays, or what scheme is used.

I fully support the entire student section wearing 'Juicebox' t-shirts though!

For the record I voted CU Lose.

While it kills me to do it, the thought of CU winning and having Juice Box tell everyone what a great win it was, blow sunshine up everyone's a$$ for another week does not work for me any longer.

The absolute worse thing that can happen to CU right now is to have any reason to keep Hawkins any longer.

Looking at the schedule for the rest of the season, best case scenario, we win maybe 4 games including Wyo. IF CU figures out how to win 5 games this year then Juice Box is back for 2010 without question. Another off season of him telling anyone that will listen how it was just some little things that kept this year from being a great season.

It is clear to me that Hawkins CAN'T coach. This year, based on two games is a total loss, why would I want to pin any hope of Hawkins somehow making 2010 any better.

That said, I'm taking my kids to the game and we will root for black & gold. Maybe since my kids will be with me I won't totally melt down in a fit of rage if CU plays like they did the first two games.

GoBuffs I applaud you for having the stones to admit that's the way you voted.

That said, I find it despicable that someone calling themselves a buff fan could want CU to lose on Saturday.

No way, CU needs to win. As much as I'm tired of hawk and his talk, cu needs to win and would never go against CU.

GoBuffs I applaud you for having the stones to admit that's the way you voted.

That said, I find it despicable that someone calling themselves a buff fan could want CU to lose on Saturday.

You go to the doctor, you have been in almost constant pain for over two years and are miserable. Doctor tells you that they can do surgury and in a few short months you will feel better than you have in years. Do you tell the doctor, lets hold off a few more months, maybe it will get better by itself.

Lets get the surgury over sooner rather than later. Start the recovery process.

hmmmmm.....im kind of a hyper-fan, super obnoxious and passionate when it comes to my Buffs. I literally dont understand, it's not in my DNA, that a person who really is a Buff fan (so much so that they spend time on the message board...lots of time), 12 people in fact, vote for the Buffs to lose on saturday. I dont understand. I thought the poll was the dumbest ****ing question I've ever read in my life and when I read the replies/results I thought it'd be pretty unanimous. WOW.
So, in theory, and I cant create an official poll regarding this because even mentioning makes me want to saw off my own testicles with a butter knife, but, would these same people PREFER a scenario where cu wins 8,9,10 games this year and OBVIOUSLY prolongs Hawkins' tenure at CU or prefer we win 0-5 games??? Honestly.

You go to the doctor, you have been in almost constant pain for over two years and are miserable. Doctor tells you that they can do surgury and in a few short months you will feel better than you have in years. Do you tell the doctor, lets hold off a few more months, maybe it will get better by itself.

Dumb analogy. If I had a vagina, i'd neg rep you.

Wanting the team to lose though, is like injecting the tumor with steroids to get to surgery faster. It's unnecessary and just wrong.

Juicebox will take care of himself. MAYBE after Wyoming, more likely by the end of the season.

I don't see a scenario where he stays another season short of a miracle. And IF Juicebox can turn this around and win 6-8 and get to a bowl game, maybe he deserves another season.

Back