What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If Hawk Gets Fired If The Buffs Lose To Wyoming Do You Root For The Cowboys?

If Hawk Gets Fired If The Buffs Lose To Wyoming Do You Root For The Cowboys?

• Go WYO- The Sooner Hawk Is Gone The Sooner This Nightmare Is Over

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • Go Buffs !! I'll Always Root For CU - They're My team

Votes: 120 88.2%

• Total voters
Wanting CU to lose is a completely foreign concept to me. It's simply not a place I can go.

For the record I voted CU Lose.

While it kills me to do it, the thought of CU winning and having Juice Box tell everyone what a great win it was, blow sunshine up everyone's a$$ for another week does not work for me any longer.

The absolute worse thing that can happen to CU right now is to have any reason to keep Hawkins any longer.

Looking at the schedule for the rest of the season, best case scenario, we win maybe 4 games including Wyo. IF CU figures out how to win 5 games this year then Juice Box is back for 2010 without question. Another off season of him telling anyone that will listen how it was just some little things that kept this year from being a great season.

It is clear to me that Hawkins CAN'T coach. This year, based on two games is a total loss, why would I want to pin any hope of Hawkins somehow making 2010 any better.

That said, I'm taking my kids to the game and we will root for black & gold. Maybe since my kids will be with me I won't totally melt down in a fit of rage if CU plays like they did the first two games.

YOU ARE WRONG!

Juicebox would get almost two weeks to blow sunshine up everyone's ass. We've got a bye week coming up. :smile:

Why do you think he would be fired? The AD says he supports him, and Hawkins has publicly stated he is not worried about losing his job. He has a contract extension, and the athletic department is broke. The economy sucks, so where do they get the money to buy him out? I thought they were still having troubles from paying GB?:wow:

lots of rumblings out there right now...

have you heard of the 'CU Fundation' ??
sounds like they may be willing to loan the AD the buyout $$ because
they know Colorado could very well lose more money keeping Hawk than
buying him out if things continue in a downward spiral-

If CU goes 0-3 they are more than likely headed to 0-6 :cry:

and FWIW...

I'll be in Section 215 tomorrow rooting for Dear Old CU :gobuffs:

Last edited:
Oh and for the record, I will NEVER root against my Buffs. I dont care how bad I want a coach fired. I do hope he is fired if he does lose. All that throwback celebration with old uniforms, 1937 football field and honoring Sal Aunuse will end on a downer if Hack doesnt come out with a win.

lots of rumblings out there right now...

have you heard of the 'CU Fundation' ??
sounds like they may be willing to loan the AD the buyout $$ because
they know Colorado could very well lose more money keeping Hawk than
buying him out if things continue in a downward spiral-

If CU goes 0-3 they are more than likely headed to 0-6 :cry:

and FWIW...

I'll be in Section 215 tomorrow rooting for Dear Old CU :gobuffs:
Let's say the best case scenario happens, we manage to win 5 games.
You know JuiceBox is going to say 10 for 2010. In 2010 he manages to win 6, gets us into "The Jackoff Bowl", and we lose to Fresno State or UNLV. JuiceBox says watch out for the Buffs in 2011 because we have turned the corner. In 2011 ................and so we finally get to 2012 or is it 2013 when JuiceBox's contract finally expires?

Let's say the best case scenario happens, we manage to win 5 games.
You know JuiceBox is going to say 10 for 2010. In 2010 he manages to win 6, gets us into "The Jackoff Bowl", and we lose to Fresno State or UNLV. JuiceBox says watch out for the Buffs in 2011 because we have turned the corner. In 2011 ................and so we finally get to 2012 or is it 2013 when JuiceBox's contract finally expires?

The best case scenario is not 5 games. It's 12.

No, he's saying(i think...not to speak for Daah)thats best case. Best case we win-out. Worst case we lose out.
Whatever - I do think the Wyoming game will be a barometer of what happens for the rest of the season. If we just squeak by Wyoming, that won't happen when the Big 12 schedule starts.

So if your team totally sucks and would get the #1 draft pick the next year if they just lose one more game, would you not prefer that they lose that game and make the future outlook better, or just get that worse pick and continue the mediocre performance?

I sadly voted yes, even though I am not "rooting" for Wyoming. I am rooting for our players and our school though. Whatever gets Hawkins out the door faster is what I am "rooting" for.

In my view, the worst thing that can happen for the future of CU football, is a Hawkins squeak by win. For the players I would love for them to get any type of win but I just don't see it happening unless Hawkins makes some huge changes.

At the end of the season, would you rather be coming off of a 1-11 season with a new coach and fresh outlook along with at least a chance at getting a half way decent recruiting class, or would you rather be 2-10 with Hawk gearing up for another year of the results we have seen so far?

GO BUFFS!!!

There's lots of signs that the Wyoming game could very well decide the fate of Coach Hawkins.

If you knew for sure that he would get canned if CU loses to Wyoming do you hope for a Buff loss thinking that in the long run it would be for the better or will you root for a Buff win because a good fan always cheers on their team ?
It's asinine to even suggest rooting against the Buffs.

There's lots of signs that the Wyoming game could very well decide the fate of Coach Hawkins.

If you knew for sure that he would get canned if CU loses to Wyoming do you hope for a Buff loss thinking that in the long run it would be for the better or will you root for a Buff win because a good fan always cheers on their team ?
WOW!!! IT IS POSTS LIKE THIS, FROM FANS LIKE YOU THAT PUT cu fb IN THIS KIND OF SHAPE! just my opinion as a sker fan.

Back