What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If you were AD... MacIntyre's job security

Fire MacIntyre!

48587f8625527db9d920806b70f4f2a6.jpg

coach and most of the staff going nowhere. They beat dope smoking cal. Which means they beat nebraska, cs-who and go to bowl. Better than I thought to begin the year.

People having withdrawal from the 5 and 0 hype train.

New OC (who I'll admit looks garbage, but we give freshmen some slack and expect great growth between year one and two). There has also been tremendous growth to the QB position, still not great imo but good, now upper half of the conference. If they progress again next year, could be looking at a QB in the upper quarter of the conference.

They also have an incoming top qb prospect from in state. All is not lost.

Oh and they can't afford the buy out.... forgot about that tidbit. And they wouldn't pull the trigger on Hawk, and he was dead man walking for 3 years.

coach and most of the staff going nowhere. They beat dope smoking cal. Which means they beat nebraska, cs-who and go to bowl. Better than I thought to begin the year.

New OC (who I'll admit looks garbage, but we give freshmen some slack and expect great growth between year one and two). There has also been tremendous growth to the QB position, still not great imo but good, now upper half of the conference. If they progress again next year, could be looking at a QB in the upper quarter of the conference.

Oh and they can't afford the buy out.... forgot about that tidbit. And they wouldn't pull the trigger on Hawk, and he was dead man walking for 3 years.
This is all probably true.

They being a different AD who was garbage in his own right. And it’s been mentioned numerous times they could certainly afford the buyout, especially considering the clause for other jobs which is in Mac’s contract even though he’s a Jimmy Sexton client. So, really it’s feasible and I think RG is a smart man. We will see

Anonymous post: 2515041 said:
I will never understand the apparent desire to rid ourselves of the most successful coach we have had in years.
Yes this is hard to understand (semi-sarcastic font).

Sorry TS didn’t mean to make fun of your old post. Of course most of us felt pretty much like you at 5-0.

I’m a little surprised at the dramatic shift of opinions, although understand somewhat. This thread started out, last Spring, as basically an anti-Mac discussion following the poor season outcome.This Fall it shifted into full support for MM based on the hot start, which has completely turned around with 4 straight losses. RG has the tough job, looking past the two streaks this year (as well as the entire 6 years of MM at CU) to see the big picture. Hopefully a third streak will start Saturday and happy days will return. (I’m NOT predicting that by the way, unless it happens of course, then I’ll take full credit.)

If our AD can't afford a 10 mil buyout, we have **** boosters and its time to drop athletics. That should be chump change.
Especially because it's not 10 million all at once, but 3.5/year and it will be reduced by whatever his new gig pays...

That should be doable in any P5 AD's budget.

Back