What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm sensing a bit of hypocricy here

Embree has a better resume, brings a slightly better proposed staff, has the support of Mac (don't forget he's identified great coaches in the past like Miles and Caldwell) and brings EB with him anyway. I get it if you still want EB because you think he's got a higher ceiling (Mac doesn't seem to think so) or.

Mac also thought Bob Simmons was going to be a great coach too. Does that count?

Putting up with them suggests that you acknowledge them on any level.

I see what your doing! Don't try that "logic" **** on me, sonny boy! Besides, I just checked the schedule. AHA! This is 2009. Next year, 2010, we begin the season against csu! SO THERE! However, I don't get why, on the schedule, they already have scores? Are they predicting the scores?

I see what your doing! Don't try that "logic" **** on me, sonny boy! Besides, I just checked the schedule. AHA! This is 2009. Next year, 2010, we begin the season against csu! SO THERE!

I know, I know, and also you're totally confident that the Buffs are gonna be awesome in 2010, and that all of the Hawk-Haters are gonna eat ****.

Enjoy the season! May I recommend you travel to Cal? That sounds like fun. We're gonna catch them by surprise!

I know, I know, and also you're totally confident that the Buffs are gonna be awesome in 2010, and that all of the Hawk-Haters are gonna eat ****.

Enjoy the season! May I recommend you travel to Cal? That sounds like fun. We're gonna catch them by surprise!

I'm thinking we'll start 2 - 2. Win against csu and Hawaii and a couple of close losses at Cal and against Georgia. No way we get punked at Cal like that schedule I looked at predicts.

I'm thinking we'll start 2 - 2. Win against csu and Hawaii and a couple of close losses at Cal and against Georgia. No way we get punked at Cal like that schedule I looked at predicts.

:lol:

This is right. Embree may well be a good coach, but he doesn't move the needle too much nationally, and that doesn't give us the maximum recruiting bump. Bieniemy still has a "name" in football. Many fathers of recruits would remember his playing days favorably.

Take Harbaugh. He only had 1-AA experience, but was quite the household name. That helped him recruit, and it turns out that he's a good coach too.

This is not to say Embree won't succeed. Nobody knew who Ferentz was until he started winning 10 games every year.

Well, like all of us, I had hoped for a "WOW!!!" hire and, clearly, Embree isn't that. My biggest disappointment in the entire process was the lack of "name" candidates. But, when you think of it, CU was not really in a position to wait for the big name guy to come available. So, here we sit. A mish mash of opinions going into the off season. Not one of us can say for sure how this will turn out. Our first inkling will be when the staff is set. Our second will be how the top recruits respond. Will we jump onto their "interested" list? Third will be signing day, 8 weeks away. Then two months from there, spring training. Then a little over 4 months to csu. So, boys and girls, strap on your seat belts, yet another wild and wooly offseason on Allbuffs awaits!! :rofl2:

Back