What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Improvements to Folsom

if they closed in the north end does anyone know what that would bring the seating capacity to?

Last edited:
I just assumed a bunch of drunk fans stole it from lincoln and installed it Folsom. I thought it was brilliant. Go Buffs!

We would have taken their mascot, but you can't kidnap the willing.

That's a lot - and I mean a lot - of corn to kidnap. But hey, you know saying.. the sky is the limit.

That's a lot - and I mean a lot - of corn to kidnap. But hey, you know saying.. the sky is the limit.

It'd be a lot more without the subsidies though.

And really, I was referring to the weird, creepy inflatable thing. It just looks submissive, you know?

Super large Video boards w/ sound system at each end of the stadium, and leather recliner chairs in section 119 like the ones in the sky boxes.

Video boards seem like the easiest and quickest solution.

Indoor facilities would be nice, although that isn't necessarily Folsom. The whole West side needs a remodel.

it'd be a lot more without the subsidies though.

And really, i was referring to the weird, creepy inflatable thing. It just looks like the 'girl' that i have had the longest relationship with in my life, you know? I know what they say about abusive relationships, but we both liked it when she blew up and then we made up.

fify

What happened with the idea of allowing a company to purchase naming rights to Folsom Field ?
I don't don't the idea but if CU could convince this company to give big $$ and at the same time
purchase the video boards & improve sound I's be fine with that. I want instant gratification.

In progress. I think this may happen before next season.

Its about 102k now, until they do this in a few years (over 115k):

dkrexpansion22bh.jpg

212262664wrliehph5id.jpg

Hell yes!! Bigger than the Big House!

In all seriousness, I'd like to see the following:

Expand the stadium to 80K. To do this, you'd have to enclose the North end, extend the top level seating all the way around the South end zone, and take out the Flatirons Club seats and add a new level of club seats/luxury seats to mirror what's on the East Side.

And who's going to sit there? We can't sell out 54K consistantly.

Seat numbers are optimal where they're at. I'd rather see them improve the speaker/lighting/video system. BTW, keep the glass turf.

The AD has been practically giving away tickets to fill up the empty seats. Adding seats will eventually make sense, but not at the moment.

I'd like to see them do something to Balch.

The only way adding seats would make sense would be if they did a Club Level expansion on the West side to stretch it a section on either side. We've been selling out our club seats and they're worth a lot more money.

While we're making changes, can't there be a better plan than Argus letting students in 5 at a time? That's why the students are as late as they are -- they let them in 5 at a time in a line of 5,000+

Adding seats, although a great goal, doesn't make any sense now as you guys have already brought up.

1. I sat on the North end of the stadium for the first time ever and the sound coming from those massive speakers SUCK! I had no idea it was that awful. It's hideous and really does take away from the game experience. If I were to buy single game tickets and sit over there for my first time in Folsom, I wouldn't like it much. I think this really is taking away some of our future customers. Easy fix.
2. Our video boards are bush league. Also, show replays of the right play, not one from 5 plays ago. Pretty easy fix.
3. Get a different recording of the fight songs to play when the band is already on the field just before halftime, that thing is slow and lacks energy. Maybe do videos of the team singing the fight song, or that kid to get some energy in. Really easy fix.
4. Get a coach with fire. Not as easy a fix, but doing this one right will lead us to....
5. Expand the stadium

Boom! :)

Edit: Forgot beer, beer makes everything better.

Last edited:
Considering the hit in revenue we're taking this year and possibly next (Ringo article), and the hopeful coaching change expenses, I'm having a hard time seeing any improvements in the next two years. But it sounds like the video boards are almost a given, and hopefully the cost there isn't too great? It'd be nice to see that happen by the start of the 2013 season, not sure if that's realistic though.

The only way adding seats would make sense would be if they did a Club Level expansion on the West side to stretch it a section on either side. We've been selling out our club seats and they're worth a lot more money.

Adding more seats out past 579 makes some good sense to me since they'd still have yardage on them and would be better seats than 551-555. But looking at a map of Folsom that would require an extension of the 200 level seats as well which seems like it would be too costly/large.

Considering the hit in revenue we're taking this year and possibly next (Ringo article), and the hopeful coaching change expenses, I'm having a hard time seeing any improvements in the next two years. But it sounds like the video boards are almost a given, and hopefully the cost there isn't too great? It'd be nice to see that happen by the start of the 2013 season, not sure if that's realistic though.

Agreed I am not really sure how we'll be able to do much of the work we've commited to let along the video board stuff.

Adding more seats out past 579 makes some good sense to me since they'd still have yardage on them and would be better seats than 551-555. But looking at a map of Folsom that would require an extension of the 200 level seats as well which seems like it would be too costly/large.

Yeah. I was really talking about the space between 202 and 203 and south of 200 above the visitors section. I didn't write it clearly. I think we can do a Flatirons Club expansion in both those directions. On the southward expansion, we could actually make add the 2nd level above 102/103/104 and make that the visitors section so they wouldn't be so loud and control noise in one end zone. Put the Flatirons Club above those new seats.

Yeah. I was really talking about the space between 202 and 203 and south of 200 above the visitors section. I didn't write it clearly. I think we can do a Flatirons Club expansion in both those directions. On the southward expansion, we could actually make add the 2nd level above 102/103/104 and make that the visitors section so they wouldn't be so loud and control noise in one end zone. Put the Flatirons Club above those new seats.

Yeah i suppose the question is how to we cheaply ad as many high revenue seats aw possible?

Back