What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

In denial no longer - 2016 was mostly Leavitt

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Didn't want to accept it. There was a lot of reason to not like how JL handled his role as a subordinate. But I'm starting to believe that he didn't respect leadership (while he had as a subordinate under Harbaugh) for a reason.

What we have is a very professional, by-the-book organization that is a significant step below what you see from the big dogs in the profession.

At the end of the day, this program is soft without a guy like Leavitt in the room.

Did you see what Oregon gave up last week? I said it befor he left, Mac and Leavitt were a great combo and have both suffered since they left each other.

Exactly. And DB play is MM's calling card. It is the main reason this team is losing. Much more so than the OL since there are playmakers on O who overcome the deficiencies there to put enough points on the board to win.
Hey man I get what you are saying but there is no way in hell I agree that the defensive backfield as more of a weakness as the o line. We have sooooooooo many tackles for loss it’s crazy.

Leavitt was the reason for our success in 16. He’s a great defensive coach and he did wonders with a roster that had a host of upper class men.

Mike Mac and his staff are not closers. Outside of Chev, none recruit worth a damn or at least to get us on the next level. The coaches on o and d, despite having several returning lettermen underachieve consistently. The fundamentals are poor, the body language poor, and like recruiting, they cannot close teams out.

It will not get much better. Mac continues to look like a coach with a foot out the door, disinterested in being here. it’s been that way since 16’. Cu football needs to make a tough decision if it actually cares about football. They’ve hit a ceiling with this staff. This is about the best it could ever be, frankly it’s not good enough and could start sliding the opposite direction.

2016 was the perfect blend of several different factors, including Leavitt to a degree. The others include a weak PAC-12, WSU and Utah at home, excellent senior leadership, two capable QBs, and a few lucky breaks. Not giving Leavitt all or even close to most of the credit.

I have to disagree. Why can’t we all just admit that 2016 was a group of seniors who were ****ing tired of losing and were talented enough to play against most teams in the conference? Leavitt is a good coach yes, but a world beater? Absolutely not. He’s got unbelievable ****ing talent at Oregon and yet that defense is still below a DJ Eliot coached defense at CU in both S&P and regular ESPN team defense. I’m not buying it, 2016 was all about seniors taking ownership and holding everyone accountable. If Leavitt was such an absolutely incredible Coach, Oregon’s athletically stacked/talented defense would not be this bad.

Didn't want to accept it. There was a lot of reason to not like how JL handled his role as a subordinate. But I'm starting to believe that he didn't respect leadership (while he had as a subordinate under Harbaugh) for a reason.

What we have is a very professional, by-the-book organization that is a significant step below what you see from the big dogs in the profession.

At the end of the day, this program is soft without a guy like Leavitt in the room.
I'm sorry, I didn't know you and the 17 people who liked this all had your balls removed

Oregon defense has 3 senior defensive starters and 5 sophomores starting. lol. You guys are reaching hard. CU has 6 senior starters on D. Leavitt coaches circles around this staff. Elliott sucks. When JL was here, he always dialed up the right play at the right time. Great DC's do that. Elliot play calls leave you scratching your head. Blitzing into the teeth of a screen and that sort of thing. He's very average to below average.

Oregon defense has 3 senior defensive starters and 5 sophomores starting. lol. You guys are reaching hard. CU has 6 senior starters on D. Leavitt coaches circles around this staff. Elliott sucks. When JL was here, he always dialed up the right play at the right time. Great DC's do that. Elliot play calls leave you scratching your head. Blitzing into the teeth of a screen and that sort of thing. He's very average to below average.
It’s really easy to call blitzes when you have 4 draft picks in the secondary.

Maybe I worded it wrong. I in no way think that Eliot is better than Leavitt. I think Leavitt is undeniably better. But to think 2016 was all him when his defense at Oregon is pretty underwhelming makes me think it was mostly the players, not the coaching.

What ****ing thread are you posting in? Come on.

Back