What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Investigation completed: Meyer suspended three games

They are going to have to definitively find out that Urban’s wife did, in fact, tell him about it. I think a reasonable person can assume with confidence that she did, but I don’t think there are texts or any other evidence that officially confirms he knew about it, yet.
So basically either Urban gets fired or his wife goes to jail. He gone.

Can they spin this so she takes the fall for him? Isn't this too toxic now for him to continue unless they can by some miracle absolve him of all blame?

Some kind of administrator in the Nursing department I believe
That's correct she's an instructor at Ohio State's College of Nursing. My jail comment earlier was probably a little overboard and if you read some of the text messages between Shelley Meyer and Courtney Smith I don't think there is any way in hell she didn't say anything. She was truly concerned.

Landry is semi credible I would say, but he thinks the administrative leave is just the official move by tOSU to ultimately fire him with cause.

Interestingly enough, the failure to report clause was only put into an amended contract he signed earlier this year.

Interestingly enough, the failure to report clause was only put into an amended contract he signed earlier this year.
I bet that Urban's people will claim that clause post-dates his failure to report so does not apply to past actions. It could be argued that the addition of that language in the new contract makes it clear that it was not a fireable action under the old contract. I predict a resignation with a hefty settlement.

tenor.gif

I bet that Urban's people will claim that clause post-dates his failure to report so does not apply to past actions. It could be argued that the addition of that language in the new contract makes it clear that it was not a fireable action under the old contract. I predict a resignation with a hefty settlement.

Aren't title 9 violations and violating employer sexual misconduct policies (under which Domestic violence would fall into) opportunity to terminate somebody for cause, regardless of that though?

Aren't title 9 violations and violating employer sexual misconduct policies (under which Domestic violence would fall into) opportunity to terminate somebody for cause, regardless of that though?
I don't know federal law on this. I don't know Ohio law for a state employee. I'm assuming he's gone, but it's incredibly rare that we see a coach get fired for cause with no settlement.

It may be that he lied when asked about it that gets him, not so much his failure to report.

Disagree to an extent. Lying to the media isn't illegal, but knowing about this three years ago and not doing anything (or god forbid siding with Zach Smith) cooks his goose IMO.

I’m not aware of the laws in Ohio; but, when I was teaching at a public school in Minnesota, we had specific reporting requirements (legal) when it came to things like child abuse/sexual abuse for one of our students or colleagues. The abuse definition included incidents of DV. I can’t believe that a board certified nurse and teacher at the state’s biggest nursing school wouldn’t have similar reporting requirements.

Back