What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Investigation completed: Meyer suspended three games

Would have been hard for them not to take some kind of public action.

Odds on Urban keeping the job going down though.

The suspension of a coach who is as high profile as he is makes this more of a national story. As the national media pay more attention the chances that tOSU can somehow sweep it under the rug get much lower.

Man, this is going fast. Pretty crazy that I listened to the audible from last Thursday this morning before the news broke from McMurphy. Stu and Bruce had a pretty good conversation about how urban is sort of loose with the media, there is a good reason some coaches act like coach Mac does because if urban didn’t say anything last week this probably isn’t nearly as big of an issue.

I'm beginning to think this might finish Urban Meyer. Full stop. And not just his career in Columbus, which I think has to be pretty much a given at his point.

I'm beginning to think this might finish Urban Meyer. Full stop. And not just his career in Columbus, which I think has to be pretty much a given at his point.

He might find a desperate school, but he would be pretty toxic.

thee blowhio state u will remove UM quickly, hire a team of lawyers, polish all the brass, hobnob with the donors, and move on at light speed.

Like nothing happened.

They'll hire some hot-sh!t coach, ignore the ncaa, play word games with the media, and pretty much be back to biz-as-usual in about a year.

Like nothing happened.

Big Al just said this is just like what CU went through... Ugh.

I love Big Al, but he's like the Barkley of Denver Sports. I don't listen to or watch him because his takes are insightful-I listen to him because he's funny.

Yeah. Urban belittled McMurphy for his initial report and basically said it was made up. In a media address, no less. Dared McMurphy to prove if he wanted to save his reputation, basically. Well, he proved it.
McMurphy just dropped the mic.

I was expecting Schiano.

My source on this is Clay Travis (who doesn't have a huge amount of credibility) but doesn't he have some connection to Sandusky? Kevin Wilson is also there, but he's got a scandal from his time at Indiana. Probably better to go with somebody with a better rep like Ryan Day.

Last edited:
They are going to have to definitively find out that Urban’s wife did, in fact, tell him about it. I think a reasonable person can assume with confidence that she did, but I don’t think there are texts or any other evidence that officially confirms he knew about it, yet.

thee blowhio state u will remove UM quickly, hire a team of lawyers, polish all the brass, hobnob with the donors, and move on at light speed.

Like nothing happened.

They'll hire some hot-sh!t coach, ignore the ncaa, play word games with the media, and pretty much be back to biz-as-usual in about a year.

Like nothing happened.
I’m not so sure about that. If the admin has a hand in this, there is going to be a sea change all throughout the upper levels and it’ll take a while for all the dust to settle. You may be right but, it’ll be interesting to watch.

I’m thinking it’ll take a while.

Back