What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Jordan Webb in the lead now?

Well I'm glad I'm the only one who has flip flopped on something for this season. Oh wait...

I should add it's mostly funny because you bought the BS coming out of the spring that Embree just wanted a little competition and it should not have been taken as a sign that Wood was not particularly great.

I'm starting to lean towards wanting Webb to start vs CSU...going up by 30 by halftime...and then letting Wood get to play the bulk of the 2nd half to get some much needed game experience. :thumbsup:

I should add it's mostly funny because you bought the BS coming out of the spring that Embree just wanted a little competition and it should not have been taken as a sign that Wood was not particularly great.

No I was saying that he's not happy with the depth at the time and that Embree couldn't make a decision after how depleted the D was during the spring and also that it wouldn't be bad to bring someone in who has game experience and could be a serviceable backup because Hirshman, from what we saw against ASU, was horrible.

I'm starting to lean towards wanting Webb to start vs CSU...going up by 30 by halftime...and then letting Wood get to play the bulk of the 2nd half to get some much needed game experience. :thumbsup:

That's the ticket!

I'm still not down on Wood even if Webb wins the battle. I think this had a lot do due with a lack of faith in Hirschman, Dorman/Schrock not being ready, and Dillon not being healthy (plus a true frosh). We needed real competition for the job and a quality backup since it's rare that a QB goes through a season without getting banged up a bit. Whether it's Wood or Webb, I would have hated to enter that final 3-game stretch with a chance at a bowl, only one of them on the roster, and that guy getting hurt. Now I feel like we have a chance to overcome an injury at QB.

If Webb gets the starting job it is the equivalent of Cody 3.0 in my mind. Just another QB that has some experience and average ability.

This^^^^

Look at Webb's live game replays...dude scrambles way too much.

I really hope Wood steps it up and does it quick.

we haven't seen any of these guys under center in live action for CU. i'm not prepared to call any decision a bad one until we see them go live. webb running for his life at ku is not necessarily what will transpire at CU. wood flaming out at ut doesn't mean he can't play. etc.

besides, from what i can tell, we're not going to put the game on the qb's back in any case. this looks like a conservative, grind it out, don't make mistakes, and wait for the defense to make the big error and strike type of offense to me. that's what you do when you don't have enough playmakers. the way you can beat more athletic teams (and gb did this frequently in his tenure) is to be more fundamentally sound and to execute well. you won't beat the elite often, but you will beat better teams who aren't as well coached. hawkins lost to a lot of teams with less talent in his time at CU. but, my dead grandma could have outcoached him.

no need to get wound up about qb just yet.

Nobody on this board has a clue which QB can play or not. I think they all have physical tools.

If it was all about who had the 5-star tools, the NFL would never make draft mistakes on NFL drafts, never mind colleges on 18 year old kids.

Webb is about the only one that has a body of work we can judge, and that's something I've done very little of. I'm sure Jon Embree has watched the films though, of every game. Embree has also watched both Wood and Hirsch in scrimmages. Embree is now on record stating that Wood has issues at times with accuracy. That's a death blow in my book. I don't care how tall or how strong-armed you are. If you make the wrong reads, don't react well under pressure, or flat out miss your target, you are not going to fare as well as Cody Hawkins.

Best way to find out is to let them play. Unless Embree really thinks it's not that close, I think he WILL pull the green jerseys off and let them go live. No cheap shots, just live action.

Last edited:
Right or wrong, Wood v. Webb is reminding me of Weisinger v. Moschetti. Highly rated TX QB with all the "tools" v. scrappy undersized QB with more competitive experience

I still think Wood will start the CSU game. Of course, it depends a lot on Saturday's scrimmage. Sounds like Embree wants to have a starter picked by then, though he might not announce it until later. I almost feel like Embree has an idea of who he'll go with already, but wants it to play out. If Wood's main issue is accuracy, I'm ok with that. I'm more concerned if it's decision making.

I still think Wood will start the CSU game. Of course, it depends a lot on Saturday's scrimmage. Sounds like Embree wants to have a starter picked by then, though he might not announce it until later. I almost feel like Embree has an idea of who he'll go with already, but wants it to play out. If Wood's main issue is accuracy, I'm ok with that. I'm more concerned if it's decision making.

My biggest concern, and it is a biggie, is that Wood was rumored to wilt under pressure. Do not want to see that with our QB

That's a very HaLkins-esque tactic. Embo has said he won't hold back naming a starter when the decision is made.

Make me one of the "Shrock Troopers"!!!!! We will Shrock you like a hurricane!!!!

shrocker

TheShocker.jpg

This is pretty disappointing if true. Webb is a decent player, but not someone that is going to be much different from what we've had at the QB position the last decade or so. I was really hoping Wood would break that trend, and was obviously given every opportunity to do so.

This is pretty disappointing if true. Webb is a decent player, but not someone that is going to be much different from what we've had at the QB position the last decade or so. I was really hoping Wood would break that trend, and was obviously given every opportunity to do so.

Disagree. Webb is better than you think and wood is forcing things because he has confidence in his ability. Webb will give wood time to sort out his ego/(over) confidence problem.

Disagree. Webb is better than you think and wood is forcing things because he has confidence in his ability. Webb will give wood time to sort out his ego/(over) confidence problem.

I hope you're right. I just don't see Webb being much more than a decent game manager. It seems everyone is putting a lot of stock into how "bad" the KU team was he played for, as if to say we're loaded on offense or something. What he did at KU can probably be expected for what he does with us.

I hope you're right. I just don't see Webb being much more than a decent game manager. It seems everyone is putting a lot of stock into how "bad" the KU team was he played for, as if to say we're loaded on offense or something. What he did at KU can probably be expected for what he does with us.
We have more than KU does.

Oh really. Can you back that up with something of substance at least, or is this another one of your opinion disguised as fact statements?
Well have you seen their OL and how little protection they gave Webb? I can guarantee our OL won't even be close to being that bad.

Well have you seen their OL and how little protection they gave Webb? I can guarantee our OL won't even be close to being that bad.

I watched Webb's highlight videos and that's about the extent of my knowledge regarding KU. I'm sure they suck, you don't fire a coach after 2 years without the team being pretty ******.

That said, I'm sure we have more than KU, but much more? I just don't see it, at least not yet. We're damn young, lost our best offensive player, and the OL has been ****** for years.

I watched Webb's highlight videos and that's about the extent of my knowledge regarding KU. I'm sure they suck, you don't fire a coach after 2 years without the team being pretty ******.

That said, I'm sure we have more than KU, but much more? I just don't see it, at least not yet. We're damn young, lost our best offensive player, and the OL has been ****** for years.
On the OL we absolutely have a better unit. Look at his highlights again, he had no protection.

Back