What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is there a way to send an e:mail to the team?

You are a professor. Do you believe that those that fail once will always fail? Do you judge a student by his/her first exam? Failure is the best "teacher" we have. I embrace failure for that reason. I believe that the strong will use failure as a motivator. Sounds hokie, I know. But I believe that. I believe that every man on this team will use this season as a motivator.

2-10. 6-7. 5-7. 3-9.

How many times do they have to fail before they start to get motivated and learn?? :wow:

You are a professor. Do you believe that those that fail once will always fail? Do you judge a student by his/her first exam? Failure is the best "teacher" we have. I embrace failure for that reason. I believe that the strong will use failure as a motivator. Sounds hokie, I know. But I believe that. I believe that every man on this team will use this season as a motivator.

generally speaking, the kids do what they do. some kids bounce back or start to "get it"; some don't. i'm a teacher, not a baby-sitter or motivator/cheerleader. my commitment is to be faithful to the information i teach....not to be a crowd-pleaser or make friends with the students. the latter, i think Dan tries to do too much. i like meeting the young people, and i'm in contact with a lot of former students, we trade music, etc..... but it's not my job to be their life mentor or substitute parent. my job is to teach them about a body of knowledge in my field.

there's a big difference between saying "those that fail, will always fail" and "that the CU football team looks unprepared and beats themselves a lot but I expect that to change somehow in year 2010".

We Are Marshall was just on and I was thinking. Their whole team died in a crash and they won one game. We have our whole team and played a semi hard schedule and we won 3? wtf? Yes I realize they brought in other players but thats a ton more adversity than these guys faced. Hawk should hold a press conference and bite the bullet. Otherwise, he is the pussy everybody is saying he is.

we are marshall was just on and i was thinking. Their whole team died in a crash and they won one game. We have our whole team and played a semi hard schedule and we won 3? Wtf? Yes i realize they brought in other players but thats a ton more adversity than these guys faced. Hawk should hold a press conference and bite the bullet. Otherwise, he is the pussy everybody is saying he is.

i believe i will be speaking for everyone when i say...

WHAT THE ****?

Thats simplistic. Even for you. :wink2:

Our kids we should give chances. Hawk has had his chances and it comes out wrong each and every time. There are many nice guys who fail, he is one of them.

You keep holding out belief that by some miracle he's going to drop his ego and be a good coach. He's proven it over and over he is not. The players deserve better.

Our kids we should give chances. Hawk has had his chances and it comes out wrong each and every time. There are many nice guys who fail, he is one of them.

You keep holding out belief that by some miracle he's going to drop his ego and be a good coach. He's proven it over and over he is not. The players deserve better.
I dont' think it'll take a "miracle" to turn it around. Hey, hardly anyone believed in the Rockies, but I did. Because I saw the talent. I also believed in McDaniels when no one else did. I saw something in him. And I see something in the Buffs.

Last edited:
I dont' think it'll take a "miracle" to turn it around. Hey, hardly anyone believed in the Rockies, but I did. Because I saw the talent. I also believe in McDaniels when no one else did. I saw something in him. And I see something in the Buffs.

We all see the ****ing talent, DBT. :rolleyes: You and I both saw that Hurdle wasn't going to be able to get the Rockies talent to win anymore. I don't know when I got so much smarter than you since then.... :smile2:

We all see the ****ing talent, DBT. :rolleyes: You and I both saw that Hurdle wasn't going to be able to get the Rockies talent to win anymore. I don't know when I got so much smarter than you since then.... :smile2:
Hurdle took them to the World Series. :smile2:

First of all this isnt baseball. Second of all, this isnt baseball. We Have talent DBT but keep making the same mistakes. That is what you arent seeing. Why the **** dont our guys know the snap count? You tell me that. Why are we huddling in a hurry up offense? We do practice every week right? Im sorry to tell you, ive seen hs teams coached better, frequently.

So get back to me when Hawk has taken us to the BCS title game.:smile2:

****, get back to me when he's taken us to the Big XII title game...
****, get back to me when we win the north or make a ****ty bowl game. That is better than going 3-9. Growing up in west texas, I was about the only one that liked CU. We talked about natl titles back then not a play here or there to make a bowl, what a ****ing joke. CU heads should be ashamed, really, like they will, might miss their tee time.

Man, guys, I just thought it would be cool to send an email to the team giving my support. Sorry for starting a god damned cluster ****.

You're going to have to work on the little things this offseason. I expect marked improvement by the CSU game.

:slayer::cheers::canabis:

I have never used the ignore feature, DBT you are tempting me with every post you make these days.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Buffs are lucky to have the one fan left in you.

Man, guys, I just thought it would be cool to send an email to the team giving my support. Sorry for starting a god damned cluster ****.

Okay, I'll assume this is a serious question and give you a serious answer.

First off, a better question would be "Is there a way to get a messge to the team?" -- not an email. Having teenagers, if I send them an email, I then have to send a text to tell them to look at their email. Email is not even second on their list.

Texts, facebook, skype, chatting, etc. all come before email.
AND their "private email" gets read before their "school email" which is assigned to them when they enroll.

BUT ... here are some ideas that could help.

1. go to www.cubuffs.com/football
2. copy the roster names.
3. go to www.colorado.edu and enter each name, one at a time, in the search box. It will ask "web or people" and you say "people."
(or go straight to: http://dirwww.colorado.edu/whitepages and select "people")
Then, you will get the official CU email for each enrolled student you name.

Create your own list and send an email if you feel that would be a welcome gesture, and that they won't just delete the email because they don't recognize the sender. (That's what my kids do, I have to warn them when they are getting email from somewhere new, like a confirmation of something that was ordered. They delete everything pretty much.)

Or, write a short, heartfelt letter and post in the Daily Camera as an open letter to the CU football team. Add in the Post and Times-Call if you want.
You can find the guidelines for sending "letters to the editor" on each paper's website. Brevity is more likely to be published.

Or, write a single page letter addressed to the team, and send to Dal Ward care of either Dan Hawkins, if you wish, or to Robert Tucker (head of football operations). Mail it to Dal Ward address. Include a note saying you hope he will post your letter somewhere the team will see it.

Remember, after Sunday's awards luncheon, the guys won't be in and out of Dal Ward that much.

Or, get one of those students who know how to do such things to create a facebook event called "Support for CU football players" and publicize it. Name it whatever you want. Then hope that only supporters post on the facebook site, and it doesn't become one of those accidental "hater" sites out of your control.

May I say, if you want to draft something and post it on the board (here) first, we would all be happy to help you polish it so that there are no double-entendres, or as few unintentional consequences as possible? I offer my services if you want it reviewed.

Good luck with this.

Last edited:
Nothing good is going to result from Hawkins staying here! Even if the team wins 2 or 3 more games next year, he has damaged the Pride and Tradition of the Buffaloes by not being accountable and alienating alumni and long-time supporters. His players are the most undisciplined team, not a youth league team, I have seen in about 25 years! DBT somebody needs to give you a reality check!

Back