What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jay Johnson

Thanks.

I want to be precise with my wording because I don’t think Montez is dumb. He knows what he should do. In the stressful moments of a meaningful game (i.e. a game to qualify CU for a bowl), he’s incapable of consistently incorporating the intellectual with the behavioral.

It’s the reason why Ryan Fitzpatrick has stuck so long in the NFL. He understands the math of the game and has enough grit to fill in where his body can’t go. While he doesn’t have the physical tools required to be an elite player, he is able to make more good decisions than bad ones in the heat of the moment. Montez has many physical gifts, but consistently incorrect decision-making gives him a very low ceiling.

If memory serves, I think Fitzpatrick aced the wonder-lick. It is doubtful, but it will be funny if SM makes a practice squad due to his physical gifts and an NFL guru somehow coaches him up. The only reason that I could see that happening is if a GM/Scout likes the physical tools, he does decent on the Wonderlick, he combines well (if invited), and they feel that the 3 coaches/systems over 3 years royally f'd him up. No doubt, he would be a project but if he ever plays a down in the NFL, a bunch of us will be eating crow.

In watching Josh Allen destroy Dallas at home, I cannot believe with all the local hype Elway missed on him.

If memory serves, I think Fitzpatrick aced the wonder-lick. It is doubtful, but it will be funny if SM makes a practice squad due to his physical gifts and an NFL guru somehow coaches him up. The only reason that I could see that happening is if a GM/Scout likes the physical tools, he does decent on the Wonderlick, he combines well (if invited), and they feel that the 3 coaches/systems over 3 years royally f'd him up. No doubt, he would be a project but if he ever plays a down in the NFL, a bunch of us will be eating crow.

In watching Josh Allen destroy Dallas at home, I cannot believe with all the local hype Elway missed on him.
The critiques of Josh Allen still apply. He’s doing well because of the schedule and the system. Buffalo has several things going for them:

1. really good run game. Allen is a part of that for sure. He is a capable runner. Frank Gore’s renaissance is making them a nice team.

2. really good defense and special teams. Even in games where the Bills offense doesn’t score much, they’re still in the game because the field position and defense are both solid.

3. limited down field throws. Allen is still not very accurate, but they have a core of receivers who can run really strong routes to get solid YAC.

[QUOTE="
[/QUOTE]

Allen has done nothing to say anyone missed on him. 215 yards per game and Bills have one of the easiest schedules in the league thus far. They have played 2 teams with winning records (New England Loss and beat a 7-5 Titans team 14-7). The Cowboys are garbage. Their 6 wins are against teams that are a combined 16-43-1

You guys think we see a change here? A few weeks ago it seemed that staff changes would be mostly focused on defense, but that unit actually showed signs of life down the stretch.

I can’t really say the same about the offense. Even in the wins against Stanford and Washington, they weren’t super impressive.

I actually like Jay Johnson’s offense. He has a lot of well designed plays. The play calling however is a big problem. You know how coaches script the first 10 or so plays of the game? Well it feels like Johnson scripts the entire game and doesn’t deviate from the plan regardless of what’s happening on the field
Johnson's "O" ain't that slap-happy Mines "O", that you're so used to....plus the OTHER side has D-1 schollie players and coaches who do their best to "f"-up whatever Johnson has planned/called. It all comes down to execution! As my old-school 'ball coach said, "Every play I call is designed to go for a touchdown. Whether it does or not, is up to you guys executing!"

I cannot wait to see how big of a step the running game takes next season because it's going to have to with a new QB under center and new offenses generally make a jump in year two.

Johnson's "O" ain't that slap-happy Mines "O", that you're so used to....plus the OTHER side has D-1 schollie players and coaches who do their best to "f"-up whatever Johnson has planned/called. It all comes down to execution! As my old-school 'ball coach said, "Every play I call is designed to go for a touchdown. Whether it does or not, is up to you guys executing!"

Your coach sounds like a dumbass. Sounds like you were made for each other.

Back