What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim MF'n Leavitt

Condolences to Jim Leavitt and family. He will think of his Dad every day from now on.

I only needed to see Jim Leavitt in action on one random day of football practice. I haven't seen so much knowledge and enthusiasm in a long time. Please keep him coaching at Colorado for as long as he wants to coach. Then when he is done honor him as Coach Emeritus like Eddie Crowder did with Dal Ward.

Leavitt's on another level.

We have someone special, I hope we can hold onto him as long as possible.

I'm kind of thinking that Chev can be a superstar recruiter. Who better to learn under than Leavitt? Add Tumpkin into the mix and we could be on the verge of an all star recruiting staff. I almost worry about Mac being a weak link. But maybe his style, at least how I perceive it since I've never heard much about his recruiting, is a good compliment to them. The way I perceive it in my mind based on tweets is that Leavitt and Chev and, maybe, Tumpkin are high energy, go get 'em, rah rah, hoo rah types and Mac is the calm, matter of fact, father figure type. Maybe that'll turn into a great combination.

I agree with you, the guy is a standout.

He has also been at the highest levels, he's been a college HC, he's been a position coach for one of the best defenses in the NFL. I don't think he senses the urgency to look for the next step right now. He also loves Boulder and is clearly having a lot of fun. His family is very happy here as well.

JL may move on but it would probably take an offer that is very good in a lot of ways to do it, he isn't going to jump just to jump. If we can get things going here, start to win, and make sure that he is well taken care of he might be around for a long time.

If we do start to win I would expect Tumpkin to be gone. He is still a rising guy in the game, a move to a coordinator position would move him.

Chev is in an interesting position. He is rapidly on his way up, his eyes are clearly on what JL has already done. His energy and personality will gain him attention. In our favor is his love for CU so like JL I don't think he will leave unless the offer is a significant step up.

If we can start to win CU becomes it's own step up. Hiring guys away becomes harder.

Chev is in an interesting position. He is rapidly on his way up, his eyes are clearly on what JL has already done. His energy and personality will gain him attention. In our favor is his love for CU so like JL I don't think he will leave unless the offer is a significant step up.

If we can start to win CU becomes it's own step up. Hiring guys away becomes harder.
Chev is, like, an offensive coordinator apprentice. His trajectory is, clearly, from co offensive coordinator to full blown OC to head coach at some point, if he succeeds as an OC. I have no idea how good a football mind he has though. We obviously felt strongly enough to make him a co coordinator in order to pry him from TT.

Ideally, the offense ends up being successful and Lindgren gets a HC gig at a G5 program at some point, I would imagine. Chev then moves into the full OC position at CU.

Ideally, the offense ends up being successful and Lindgren gets a HC gig at a G5 program at some point, I would imagine. Chev then moves into the full OC position at CU.
Sounds like a plan. Make it so, Buffs!!

I'm kind of thinking that Chev can be a superstar recruiter. Who better to learn under than Leavitt? Add Tumpkin into the mix and we could be on the verge of an all star recruiting staff. I almost worry about Mac being a weak link. But maybe his style, at least how I perceive it since I've never heard much about his recruiting, is a good compliment to them. The way I perceive it in my mind based on tweets is that Leavitt and Chev and, maybe, Tumpkin are high energy, go get 'em, rah rah, hoo rah types and Mac is the calm, matter of fact, father figure type. Maybe that'll turn into a great combination.
Agree with the idea MMac is a great, calm, will take care of your kid type compliment to Leavitt and Chev. I really like the potential of our core staff. I also think Lindgren will be an asset once he has some success with a qb at CU

Even with TSA pre, you can't bring your own can of soda on board.

Only because none of us are working as a crew manager for TSA at DIA. Because if we were, it would be "That's Jim mother****ing Leavitt. Step off, son. The man needs his Pepsi."

Oh how the liquid travails of CU coaching go.
-Coach drinking way too much
-Coach complaining about lack of water bottles or something like it
-Coach showing legendary consumption of Pepsi

What's next?

What's next?
Huh?

What's next?
Dont forget about all the juice boxes consumed during hawkins tenure

What's next?

Thats the bball coach for the ewes...

Back