What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jimmy Lake - DC Washington

I'm just thinking that if you're choosing between Lake and Hologrsen, there's no bad choice. Both will/would be huge upgrades
Maybe, maybe not.

I think that Lake can recruit and teach X's and O's better. I'd rather get Lake and let him hire an offensive OC guru.

JMO but I think Lake is the real deal, all around.

I'm extremely high on Jimmy Lake and have been since the beginning.

However, we probably shouldn't read too much into winning that sort of game in those conditions. The better defense with the road grater OL has a huge advantage in the slop. That's a positive for that style of play that Petersen has and Lake would bring, so I'm not discounting it. I'm just saying that we shouldn't read too much into holding Wazzu to 15 points in that game. Would UW have won in good conditions? That's the question that concerns me. UW has a ton more talent throughout the roster, recruits at such a higher level that Wazzu, and I think that style of play is an equalizer due to Leach's brilliance as an offensive mind. The game's moved to the offensive side and I worry about going against the grain with a defensive coach instead of getting the most innovative offensive mind we can.

Nailed it!!
Nikita didn't let me buy this for Nik Jr when he was a baby. Maybe you'll have better luck getting permission.
funny-baby-t-shirt-2.jpg

However, we probably shouldn't read too much into winning that sort of game in those conditions. The better defense with the road grater OL has a huge advantage in the slop. That's a positive for that style of play that Petersen has and Lake would bring, so I'm not discounting it. I'm just saying that we shouldn't read too much into holding Wazzu to 15 points in that game. Would UW have won in good conditions? That's the question that concerns me. UW has a ton more talent throughout the roster, recruits at such a higher level that Wazzu, and I think that style of play is an equalizer due to Leach's brilliance as an offensive mind. The game's moved to the offensive side and I worry about going against the grain with a defensive coach instead of getting the most innovative offensive mind we can.

Mike Leach always gets that cover. Well played by him.

Held them to more like 7 points. WSU scored 2 on a blocked PAT and their second TD was the result of a really short field after a UW fumble.

Mike Leach always gets that cover. Well played by him.
I know you hate Air Raid and were always opposed to Leach or his system in Boulder, but it does work and win. And the version that Dana runs has a lot more potential due to the run game and use of TEs instead of being so one dimensional like a traditional Air Raid.

I do worry that what Lake would bring requires a bit of a rebuild and retooling of the roster before it could be successful. Do we have the talent to do what Washington does?

I know you hate Air Raid and were always opposed to Leach or his system in Boulder, but it does work and win. And the version that Dana runs has a lot more potential due to the run game and use of TEs instead of being so one dimensional like a traditional Air Raid.

I do worry that what Lake would bring requires a bit of a rebuild and retooling of the roster before it could be successful. Do we have the talent to do what Washington does?

No, we don’t. Washington has lineman, we don’t.

If our goal is really to win the conference or good bowl game, I don't think you can take away the external condition from consideration. Weather, QB having bad day, tough defense, tough away game, etc.

You can win a game that actually matters in a tough condition with UW's OL and defense. Not sure if you can say the same thing for a air raid team. It's not like WVU is having this kind of offense in all the games at their will. Is it a exception or really a pattern for them to lose badly to the ISU team?

I believe that what Washington is doing is what we need to do, top to bottom.

They threw the hell out of the ball when the had Ross and Pettis cause that was the strength. But, they could always run it with Gaskin. Now Gaskin is the strength along with Ahmed and they can run the hell out of the ball. With the weather we faced against Utah and with what just happened in Pullman, I will take what Lake is serving up!

The Kansas City offense is still based on RB and TE, so while there is about 40-50% air raid, the rest is old school Chris Brown and Daniel Graham ass kicking.

Lake has a serious look of a good coach, and his Jimmy’s and Joe’s look better than ours.

If our goal is really to win the conference or good bowl game, I don't think you can take away the external condition from consideration. Weather, QB having bad day, tough defense, tough away game, etc.

You can win a game that actually matters in a tough condition with UW's OL and defense. Not sure if you can say the same thing for a air raid team. It's not like WVU is having this kind of offense in all the games at their will. Is it a exception or really a pattern for them to lose badly to the ISU team?
Well, Air Raid is a lot of coaches right now with a lot of big offenses: Leach, Holgorsen, Riley, Briles, Kingsbury, Norvell, Littrell, Heupel, Sumlin, etc. It hasn't won a national championship but it has won a ton of football games.

P.S. Someone who has an Air Raid background from the defensive side is Aranda (also DC at Hawaii for run n shoot). His defense with an OC like Spavital would be very intriguing to me.

Back