What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jimmy Lake - DC Washington

There’s no evidence that anyone is on the list. He fits the bill.

As for the denials... they’re frequent, especially among coaches who leave for greener pastures.

Agree but with him I feel like everyone has already annointed him or placed him as the front runner. In reality I am not sure which boxes he checks besides being a known recruiter.

Yeah, totally makes sense. If a job offer from a solid P5 program and massive pay increase comes along, you turn it down.

Doesn't sound like RG is that interested in him-he goes out and gets (insert name of MWC coach here) it'll make me wonder.

No one knows what RG is thinking, so how do you know what it "sounds like" if he is interested or not interested in any specific candidates?

I don't think he'd say that on Seattle radio if he had been approached about this role....

I have read the thread but group think doesn’t equal reality.

You wrote that you don’t know the reasons. The reasons have been posted by many posters in this thread.

That is a different position than “he won’t be the coach” argument that you haven’t made well. We don’t know ANY of the candidates since there haven’t been any leaks from the AD. Lake is a fantastic candidate. It makes sense that people here have described reasons why Jlake would be a good fit for Colorado. If you would like to outline concerns, this is your thread.

You wrote that you don’t know the reasons. The reasons have been posted by many posters in this thread.

That is a different position than “he won’t be the coach” argument that you haven’t made well. We don’t know ANY of the candidates since there haven’t been any leaks from the AD. Lake is a fantastic candidate. It makes sense that people here have described reasons why Jlake would be a good fit for Colorado. If you would like to outline concerns, this is your thread.

I never said he would not be the coach. I just said that too many people already have him as the leader.

I don’t have any more concerns with him than I don’t already have with most of the other coordinators mentioned. Personally I think RG is going to go with an offersive coach but that is just a gut feeling.

I never said he would not be the coach. I just said that too many people already have him as the leader.

I don’t have any more concerns with him than I don’t already have with most of the other coordinators mentioned. Personally I think RG is going to go with an offersive coach but that is just a gut feeling.

Why do you think he was asked about our job in the interview he gave after yesterday’s game? It’s because anyone who pays attention thinks he is a good candidate. We are a fan site. As fans we are doing our best to keep hope alive with someone many of us see as someone who might be able to lead us where we want to go.

Why do you think he was asked about our job in the interview he gave after yesterday’s game? It’s because anyone who pays attention thinks he is a good candidate. We are a fan site. As fans we are doing our best to keep hope alive with someone many of us see as someone who might be able to lead us where we want to go.

Again, I never said he was a bad candidate. I just questioned people already making him a leader in the clubhouse and thinking he checks all the boxes. Just my opinion that he doesn’t.

Again, I think RG will go with an offensive coach and I hope he does so. The list of successful Defensive oriented head coaches is diminishing at all levels.

Again, I never said he was a bad candidate. I just questioned people already making him a leader in the clubhouse and thinking he checks all the boxes. Just my opinion that he doesn’t.

Again, I think RG will go with an offensive coach and I hope he does so. The list of successful Defensive oriented head coaches is diminishing at all levels.

You’ve literally made 0 arguments about why he wouldn’t “check all the of the boxes.” Like I said, this thread is your chance.

You’ve literally made 0 arguments about why he wouldn’t “check all the of the boxes.” Like I said, this thread is your chance.

He is basically a co DC that is a good recruiter. I don’t think that is what RG was referring to (1 arguement). And I said they should go offense as that is where the game has been trending (2nd argument).

He is basically a co DC that is a good recruiter. I don’t think that is what RG was referring to (1 arguement). And I said they should go offense as that is where the game has been trending (2nd argument).

I think our concepts of what constitutes an argument differ. In my world, arguments require evidence or reasoning to substantiate them. Anyway, I get it that you don’t want JLake. Good one

I think our concepts of what constitutes an argument differ. In my world, arguments require evidence or reasoning to substantiate them. Anyway, I get it that you don’t want JLake. Good one

Evidence? Outside of Saban name the successful defensive head coaches. I will wait...

How do you define success?

Conference championships would probably be at least the bare minimum to be considered a truly successful coach.

Or you could just focus on the good teams. Outside of Saban the P5 leaders are offensive coaches.

Or you could just pull up the Top 25. Mostly offensive coaches.

Conference championships would probably be at least the bare minimum to be considered a truly successful coach.

Or you could just focus on the good teams. Outside of Saban the P5 leaders are offensive coaches.

Kirby Smart - Georgia

Most very successful coaches pay attention to both offense and defense. Most very successful coaches have a strong recruiting pedigree.

In SEC championship, two “defensive coaches” will lead their teams into the game. Both may be in the CFP playoff.

In the P-12 championship, one “defensive coach” will face off against a coach with an offensive background who values defense, including the coordinator you think sucks.

In the Big 10 championship, you have two “defensive coaches” headed to the championship.

In the Big 12 championship, you have two offensive coaches in a conference that laughs at defense.

In the ACC championship, you’re going to have a “defensive coach” going against an “offensive coach” with one of the best defenses in the country.

Oh, and you mentioned saban. The greatest coach in the history of the sport is a “defensive coach”.

Most very successful coaches pay attention to both offense and defense. Most very successful coaches have a strong recruiting pedigree.

In SEC championship, two “defensive coaches” will lead their teams into the game. Both may be in the CFP playoff.

In the P-12 championship, one “defensive coach” will face off against a coach with an offensive background who values defense, including the coordinator you think sucks.

In the Big 10 championship, you have two “defensive coaches” headed to the championship.

In the Big 12 championship, you have two offensive coaches in a conference that laughs at defense.

In the ACC championship, you’re going to have a “defensive coach” going against an “offensive coach” with one of the best defenses in the country.

Oh, and you mentioned saban. The greatest coach in the history of the sport is a “defensive coach”.
Agreed except for Urban being a defensive coach. He was a defensive player, yes, but he cut his teeth coaching the offensive side and as a playcaller.

Agreed except for Urban being a defensive coach. He was a defensive player, yes, but he cut his teeth coaching the offensive side and as a playcaller.

We agree. I think the notion of a top level coach being an offensive or defensive coach purely has to leave our jargon when it comes to leaders. Pete played QB but has had some awesome defensive coordinators. He cares about ensuring both sides of the ball work.

Big 10? 2? Urban is an offensive guy.

So even including Saban you can get to about five acceptable defensive head coaches out of about 130.

I rest my case.

Back