What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Joel Klatt

I want Hawins gone and for former Buffs to get on the bandwagon. Joel hates Hawk because he's a GB guy. Maybe he can get on board with the next guy. But you know what? I think Joel will rip the next guy as well. Maybe he wants his dad to be coach.

I don't know about that... this is the first really negative thing that I've heard Klatt say about the program, and it was (I think) fair and balanced. Would you, or would you not say the same thing about Hansen transferring? Would you blame him given the way he's been treated?

Just started a job today meaning it would be the first CU game I had to miss all year. Saved me a popped blood vessel. I got home in time to see Klatt mention the double standard and almost dropped my new phone as I yelled "Thank you!" Hawk can dismiss Joel's comments as a Barnett backer all he wants but Buff Nation will not stand for this delusion.

I think Joel wants the team to win just like everyone else. He apparently thinks it won't happen with Hawkins. Just like almost all of us.

Bingo...

I think that if anything Klatt disregarded becoming an analyst star, and spoke too much from the heart... too much like a fan. Like the majority of us would act if put on tv right now.

He acted like an upset fan, I think loving the program was the goal above loving Barnett.

Klatt hates Hawkins. And, I have no problem with that. But to tell kids to leave the program? **** you Joel.

he never told TH he should leave, JK just said that he would not blame TH if he did transfer......would anyone blame TH if he transfer....I would not

he never told TH he should leave, JK just said that he would not blame TH if he did transfer......would anyone blame TH if he transfer....I would not
Me either...jump off a sinking ship....

Re: Wow...

JK is a ****ing idiot who is trying to make a name for himself. I can't stand that arrogant little prick. That being said, Hawk should be fired.

Yeah that and that! CH isn't going to start, he just ran the 2 minute drill. We did absolutely NOTHING with TH at qB all day. I would have put someone else in except everyone else had a redshirt on.

TH can start again next week and see what happens. He's our QB and he'll come back. It's not on him. Our O-Line was MANHANDLED ALL GAME.

Klatt is a spineless POS. Yippee him and his TV career.

Yeah that and that! CH isn't going to start, he just ran the 2 minute drill. We did absolutely NOTHING with TH at qB all day. I would have put someone else in except everyone else had a redshirt on.

TH can start again next week and see what happens. He's our QB and he'll come back. It's not on him. Our O-Line was MANHANDLED ALL GAME.

I've never heard Klatt on talk radio, so I can't talk about that. But you are 100% right about the o-line. After the first possession the o-line was a sieve. And as bad as we were with Hansen, it would have been 500% worse with Cody in there all day. At least Hansen had a chance to elude the rush and get a throw off...

I can almost buy Hawk's explanation for why he inserted Cody for the 2 minute offense at the end of each half. I think it is 100% misguided, because Hansen has the arm and the passing ability to run a two minute offense, he just needs to chance to do it and get the experience. I actually believe that Hawk made the move because he thought it was best for the team, and not just to get his kid on the field. But I have to wonder if he might not see that differently, see Hansen as a kid who deserves that chance, if his backup QB was named Cody Smith rather than Cody Hawkins... :huh:

Joel hates Hawk because he's a GB guy.

Take a cue from the post below. YOU THINK Joel hates Hawk because he's a GB guy. You don't know. You rag on us for ragging on Hawk, yet you go out and rag on everyone else that pleases you. I understand Joel being upset. He bleeds Black and Gold way more than Hawk does. The Buffs will be his team until he dies; they are only hawks team until Tuesday. (ok, I am just dreaming on the last part.:smile2:) I agree with the statement that he probably said some things more like a heartbroken fan who is seeing his team destroyed with no hope of coming back under this staff. Which dissapoints me-- I was really hoping they had turned a corner. Instead, a team that was crappy last year re-animated the cryptkeeper and THEY have turned around and started to become a better team. I am tired of seeing so many other teams get a new coach and become good teams, while my team is in year four and does not really look any different than they have for the last four years. It is really dissapointing.

I think Joel wants the team to win just like everyone else. He apparently thinks it won't happen with Hawkins. Just like almost all of us.

Didn't Klatt look like a fool for sunshine pumping the Buffs in his 2008 season prediction? Just sayin'.

JK on FSN had just said the TH should leave the university.....JK feels that CH has a long leash, and it is not fair to TH and this team....

I agree 100%. I was saying the same thing to my dad at halftime.

Klatt is on Big 12 Live right now and basically said he was embarrassed with the state of the program right now. Really side stepped giving specific criticism. However, everybody else was totally criticizing the move to put Cody in at all.

I think short of a Bowl game, that move may have earned Dan his buyout.

Klatt is on Big 12 Live right now and basically said he was embarrassed with the state of the program right now. Really side stepped giving specific criticism. However, everybody else was totally criticizing the move to put Cody in at all.

He basically said that the former players he talks to want Hawk gone.

Did you not see the newspaper today, where Hawkins (Dan) said he wasn't sure who would start at QB next week??

Oh, and we scored our only TD of the day with Tyler Hansen at QB.

Did you not see the newspaper today, where Hawkins (Dan) said he wasn't sure who would start at QB next week??

Oh, and we scored our only TD of the day with Tyler Hansen at QB.

To be fair, Cody did have a couple of nice INTs into a soft prevent defense...that had to count for something.....with Daddy.

I wouled be more curious as to what the current players want, if they could voice their opinions anonymously.

This quote from McKnight was interesting..

"It's going to come down to leaders on the team," he said. "At this point, it's not about the coaches anymore. It's about our team taking pride in this program and this school and saying, 'We're not going to be at the bottom of the conference.'
"We need to find out how to win football games. It's that cut and dried."

This quote from McKnight was interesting..

"It's going to come down to leaders on the team," he said. "At this point, it's not about the coaches anymore. It's about our team taking pride in this program and this school and saying, 'We're not going to be at the bottom of the conference.'
"We need to find out how to win football games. It's that cut and dried."
"Anymore?" Interesting.

McKnight: "We're not going to be at the bottom of the conference."
Now THAT is truly "taking CU to the next level" thinking. Coach Hawkins is really inspiring this team to a whole new level of goal-setting.

I hope Folsom Field fans won't be chanting "We're Not The Worst! We're Not The Worst!"

Joel is a good kid and a great Buff, Buffson shared a house with him for several years and I got to know him and his parents. I like you DBT but that is just wrong.

Agree with you on this one. DBT, I have tried to ignore your ridiculous rantings but this one goes to far. I also have met Klatt and he was nothing but a class guy. You are off base on this one (as you have been on many stances lately).

I was too harsh on Joel because I was drunk and pissed off. Now that I'm in my right mind, I still think he is arrogant, but I like his show. I also think he is trying way too hard to be, umm, edgey. Sorry that I went over the top yesterday though.

I wouled be more curious as to what the current players want, if they could voice their opinions anonymously.

Remember the comments Hansen made in an interview last week. I know they're linked in a thread here, but I'm too lazy to look them up. Basically he was talking about how the team was really just rolling their eyes at Hawk's "positive thinking" pablum about how it was the little things and they were so close, blah blah blah - at least until the Kansas game. And that he thought that game might have made the team more likely to buy into what Hawk was saying again. From that, I don't think it's too hard to figure out what the reaction to a loss like yesterday might be...:huh:

I want Hawins gone and for former Buffs to get on the bandwagon. Joel hates Hawk because he's a GB guy. Maybe he can get on board with the next guy. But you know what? I think Joel will rip the next guy as well. Maybe he wants his dad to be coach.

I watched the post game show on FSN and Klatt also said that there is a "group" of former Buff players that are VERY unhappy with Hawk and where the program is headed......and i agree with them 100%!!!!!

I give Klatt credit for sweating and bleeding for five years for the Buffs but, to be honest, I've been a little embarassed for the program for many years since about 1997 give or take 2001 - 2002. I believe he was part of several of those teams.

Back