What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jon Embree Press Conf.

Just sent this message to Klatt's FB page:

Thanks for working so hard in that presser to make CU football look bad Joel. Your personal grudge against Bohn made the job look toxic to any coach that even looks at the job. I know you're angry, but what you did today was inexcusable and makes me wish you weren't associated with the program. I hope you're proud of yourself. Now get the **** out of town.

Is there a replay of this anywhere. I'd like to catch the parts I missed in the beginning.

Mike Bohn: "Mike Bohn does not make all the decisions himself"

As a former media person Im not trying to twist those words or stretch them. But Im putting up there for you guys to understand that its a political job and there are people Mike Bohn has been accountable too. DiStefano went to great pains to point out that he supported Bohn in fixing basketball and this very week our team is now ranked in the top25. I believe both of them when they say they are committed to making football better. Clearly they would not have pulled the rug out from under JE if they did feel that way despite trying to paint as rosy a picture as possible he simply never delivered a complete sound bite that Jon was headed in the wrong direction. And most of us were convined JE was going to get at least one more year.

I guess we can just boil this down to not so much conspiracy and maybe more of a situation where two hires in a row just didnt work out.

“@BFeldmanCBS: CU's commitment? Embree bought the coaches water daily. The athletic dept wouldn't even pay for it, per a source.”
pretty sure they can afford to bring their own water... seen the cars in the parking lot and living in $1,000,000 homes

“@BFeldmanCBS: CU's commitment? Embree bought the coaches water daily. The athletic dept wouldn't even pay for it, per a source.”

Amazing that Tad Boyle can win under these draconian work conditions.

:rolleyes:

pretty sure they can afford to bring their own water... seen the cars in the parking lot and living in $1,000,000 homes

In Boulder? It's sad that our coaches can't afford more than 1600 square feet, and don't have a place to park those nice cars at night.

Just sent this message to Klatt's FB page:

Thanks for working so hard in that presser to make CU football look bad Joel. Your personal grudge against Bohn made the job look toxic to any coach that even looks at the job. I know you're angry, but what you did today was inexcusable and makes me wish you weren't associated with the program. I hope you're proud of yourself. Now get the **** out of town.
rep

Ringo's tweets were a joke! For a guy that was so sure Embree would be back he sure talks tough. I don't know why the media is so intent on siding with Embree on this? The guy was a disaster, this tea was un-watchable!!! They were horrid.

For him to talk about a "bowl game next year" is an utter laughable joke. Where were the 6 wins this year Embo? Remember that claim? You tried hard and you failed hard. Thats the bottom line.

Thank you. The blind support and almost admiration for this guy is stunning. I mean, kudos to him for pulling the trigger (assuming this was his call), but let's not paint this guy as a victim. If accountability is what we're looking for in the program, Bohn deserves some hard questions about the job he's done as well.

My view following the Presser is both Bohn and DiStefano are very committed. My confidence in Bohn went up a lot. My confidence in DiStefano did too though not as much.

Sadly, I am getting the impression that Klatt and friends do not want to see the next coach succeed. They'll give less support and put up more obstacles than they did for Hawkins. Bohn better make a hire that's about impossible to question.

More importantly, why don't they have a filtered water machine instead of relying on bottled water? Lamest "scoop" ever.

This is a PAC12 job. Many coaches will want this opportunity. Especially with the facility upgrades coming and a young base to build from.

Amazing that Tad Boyle can win under these draconian work conditions.

:rolleyes:

It's a proven fact that BB coaches do not need as much water as FB coaches :rolling_eyes:

Typical gutless Denver media jock sniffers. If D2 had gone QB sneak on 1st and 10, let alone the countless other craptastic decisions, Klatt would have spontaneously combusted. But thanks to former player cronyism there was nary a peep from that piece of garbage.

Sadly, I am getting the impression that Klatt and friends do not want to see the next coach succeed. They'll give less support and put up more obstacles than they did for Hawkins. Bohn better make a hire that's about impossible to question.

Could not agree more.

I get the impression that Klatt & CO would rather see Bohn fired than football improve.

I'm not worried much about the media's opinions affecting a coach. All smart coaches hate the media anyway and treat them as a necessary evil, which they are.

My view following the Presser is both Bohn and DiStefano are very committed. My confidence in Bohn went up a lot. My confidence in DiStefano did too though not as much.

This. After the press conference, I'm more confident in their ability to pick the next coach.

CU has just lapped Auburn as the job no coach wants. - Matt Hayes senior writer for Sporting News :bang:

Agree. While they said nothing in the two year disaster under Embree, you can be damn sure they are going to be venomous when it comes to the next coach

Not sure how i feel about this. That press conference was a blood bath and is increasingly being made into an US against THEM mentality in the program and University. To put it lightly, it's a TOXIC situation, one that I can't imagine is very attractive to any professional coach. All of the dirty laundry got aired, and the reporters were FROTHING at the mouth. The situation is polarizing as ****. Fans want wins. The AD/Admin talk a good game. The old guard of mac guys and Buff4Life group want control over the decisions. Good god almighty. The next coach is going to say, can I just coach footall without all the negative energy and pressure around the job?

CU is going to have to bring a full on man, with many years of experience and program building to right this ship. It's the only thing that will get this plane out of the death spiral it's in.

The only real positive is that Bohn/DiStephano put words in writing declaring what needs to take place within the university to achieve success. They will either drive hard for it, or resign to the fact that they have no power, possibly necessitating them stepping down.

I never imagined it would get this out of hand.

They will rail on every play call, every game time decision, every loss, everything at all costs. They will never give the next guy a fair shake. They were out of their minds over D2, but never said a word about Em3. Complete cowards.

FWIW... Drew Goodman and Sandy Klough justifying Embree showing no improvement. Not all the media is totally stupid. Still hate Sandy.

Yawn. Let it blow over. There is nothing to see here. The media got their little whine fest. In the end, nobody cares. The firing was entirely justified based on performance, even the black coaches association rep had this to say...
“I'm disappointed for Jon because I thought he might get another year,” Floyd Keith said. “I would have been pleased if he had gotten another year, but I'm also not blind. I think the thing that did him in was the loss to the FCS team (Sacramento State). What can you say about that?"

Back