What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Josh Scott appreciation thread

Great player, great dude. A true Buff. Never pouted, bitched or moaned. I hope he goes out on a high note, getting to the Dance and maybe even getting a win there. He deserves it.

I feel like maybe we never even saw him reach his full potential here. He's been hampered the last 2.5 years by not having a consistent offensive threat opposite him down low, and on the perimeter except Ski. Teams sag down on him so much and he ends up in double and triple teams all night. Many a great big man over the years didn't have a clue how to pass out of that situation but Josh has done an admirable job. 1v1, the dude was a handful for anybody.

Thanks, Jelly. Let's go get 2 more wins and go dancin'.

Meely was the best big in program history. Any discussion of an all-tme CU starting 5 begins with Meely and Billups written in ink.

I almost include Burdie in ink as well, but he's not at Cliff or Chauncey's level.

I remember seeing him ride his bike around campus his freshman year, all I can say is I don't think they make bikes big enough for guys like that. It was funny to see such a massive human being barely able to pedal on one of those things.

It's not as in-depth as I'd love for it to be, but here's a brief look at where Jelly fits in in the record books (as of right now, and projected assuming we play 5 more games - 3 regular season, 1 P12, 1 tourney of some sort).

Scoring:
Currently - 1,612 points (9th in CU history)
Projected - 1,694 points (8th in CU history - 33 points behind #8 Stevie Wise & 46 behind #7 Askia Booker)

Rebounding:
Currently - 923 rebounds (5th in CU history)
Projected - 968 rebounds (4th in CU history - 3 behind #3 Cliff Meely and a lot behind #2 Andre Roberson)

Assists:
Currently - 120 assists (#3 for centers in CU history, #50 overall)
Projected - 130 assists (#3 for centers in CU history - 23 behind #2 Scott Wilke, tied for #45 overall)

FT Made:
Currently - 475 FT made (#3 in CU history)
Projected - 498 FT made (#2 in CU history - 72 behind #1 Cory Higgins)

Blocked Shots:
Currently - 154 blocked shots (#3 in CU history)
Projected - 163 blocked shots (#2 in CU history - 62 behind #1 David Harrison)

Starts:
Currently - 113 starts (#4 in CU history)
Projected - 118 starts (#3 in history - 12 behind #2 Austin Dufault and 13 behind #1 Cory Higgins)

Minutes:
Currently - 3,567 minutes (#6 in CU history)
Projected - 3,718 minutes (#5 in CU history - 87 behind #4 Richard Roby, 90 behind #3 Askia Booker & 146 behind #2 Jay Humphries)

Gotta remember he'd be a lot higher too if not for all the injuries last year.

Even this year he missed 3 starts. He had the concussion from the ASU body slam that cost him some starts a few years ago. I want to say there was a flu in there somewhere, too.

Even this year he missed 3 starts. He had the concussion from the ASU body slam that cost him some starts a few years ago. I want to say there was a flu in there somewhere, too.

Was there 3? I only had 2.

So adjust his starts down one in my post above then. Don't think it changes rankings.

I Hope josh does well on his final homestand, and thank you. Gave boyle something inside to build around and was part of one of the best runs in program history.

One of the better big men ever at CU. Much pressure on him coming in and he has handled it with class and has been so productive. He will be missed greatly.

Wow, you guys are harsh on David Harrison. He was an emotional guy, and definitely a terrible free throw shooter, but he was a beast. Since '94 he's 2nd in the Big 12 in career fg% (only behind Blake Griffin) and 3rd in blocks/game. He once finished 3rd in the nation in shooting % and obviously has a bunch of CU records (the only Buff to have a triple double). He's an all time great Buffalo center in my mind. So leaver David alone! :LOL:

Anyway, this should be about Jelly Scott. I think my favorite moment of his might have come at the end of this year's Oregon game. He had a monster block before XT sealed it with free throws. Going to miss him greatly.

CcCUafmUEAA7A3z.jpg:large

My memory of Josh, aside from as a player, was at the Rocky Mountain Showdown last year and seeing Josh walking around the tail gates in his shorts and wearing that big floppy hat of his.

It's been a pleasure watching him. He sure didn't disappoint. Maybe he can lead us to a tourney run.

I think people tend to forget how many special players we have had here since 2010 or so, probably because the team hasn't made a run in the NCAA tourney or been close to competing for a regular season title.

Rebounding:
Currently - 923 rebounds (5th in CU history)
Projected - 968 rebounds (4th in CU history - 3 behind #3 Cliff Meely and a lot behind #2 Andre Roberson)

Andre only played 3 years in the black and gold, and he's #2 in rebounds, buy quite a large margin. He had ~25-28 less games to do it in than everyone else on this list.

And again, Thank You, Josh.

I think a four ranking lists could be started here to try and celebrate Josh for his contributions to CU basketball. They are:
1. Best hoops players that played HS in Colorado.
2. Best players that played at CU.
3. Best players that played both HS in CO and at CU.
4. Best big men to play for CU.

Here is my attempt.

Best hoops players that played HS in Colorado:
1. Chauncey Billups
2. Joe Barry Carroll
3. Tom Chambers
4. Scott Wedman
5. Pat Garrity
6. Right now Josh would be somewhere in here with a bunch of other guys, his pro career could dramatically move him up the list.

Best ever players from CU:
1. Chauncey Billups
2. Scott Wedman
3. Cliff Meely
4. Jay Humphries
5. Chuck Williams
6. Alec Burks
7. Jim Davis
After that there are a lot of guys, but here is hoping Dinwiddie & Roberson improve and climb this list and that J. Scott gets on it.

Best CU and CO HS:
1. Chauncey Billups
2. Scott Wedman
3. Josh Scott

Best CU big men:
1. Cliff Meely
2. David Harrison
3. Jim Davis
4. Josh Scott
5. Shaun Vandiver

How do you make a list of best basketball players to come out of Colorado and forget to me mention Reggie Jackson? Dude is a boarder line All-star right now! Reggie should definitely be #2 on that list!

How do you make a list of best basketball players to come out of Colorado and forget to me mention Reggie Jackson? Dude is a boarder line All-star right now! Reggie should definitely be #2 on that list!
Simple Andrew, there were several ahead of him who weren't just close to being all stars, they were all stars, multiple times. But you're right, not having him on the list at all is an oversight...Thank gosh my name isn't Tad Boyle.

Back