What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Just this one time: Go fuskers

Ahh but we aren't that dissapointed really because my biggest fear was that Talkins would win enough to keep his job but still keep us ****ty or mediocre at best with the Baylor loss it actually puts us on the road to success whith a new coach...

There's definately some truth to that. Why he hasn't been fired yet I'll never know. Your AD must like drama, it's time for him to go. I would love for us to go to the Big 10 and do well and for Colorado to go to the Pac 10 and do well. Great screw you to the Big 12 and Beebe.

Best part of the Nub loss was ESPN gameday talking to some dumbass that didn't pay his bills for a month so he would have enough money for the 8,500 mile trip to Stinkoln to watch his corn get revenge on UT for getting screwed by the game clock last year.

I can only hope after his miserable 8,500 mile trip back home he is hounded for the next 6 months by bill collectors. Every time his phone rings he will remember this weekend.

Best part of the Nub loss was ESPN gameday talking to some dumbass that didn't pay his bills for a month so he would have enough money for the 8,500 mile trip to Stinkoln to watch his corn get revenge on UT for getting screwed by the game clock last year.

I can only hope after his miserable 8,500 mile trip back home he is hounded for the next 6 months by bill collectors. Every time his phone rings he will remember this weekend.

In my mind that pretty much sums up a conversation that Evil Beak and I had recently.

Please God, let Bohn dump hawk and bring back Mac so Mac can beat the corn in thier house for one last delicious time!!! Amen!!

8500 miles? Where the hell does he live? India? Antartica? Or did he take driving directions from Saul?

There's definately some truth to that. Why he hasn't been fired yet I'll never know. Your AD must like drama, it's time for him to go. I would love for us to go to the Big 10 and do well and for Colorado to go to the Pac 10 and do well. Great screw you to the Big 12 and Beebe.

I would love nothing better than for you Nubskers to go to the Rose Bowl ranked #1 and Colorado to be ranked #2 and for us to beat the living **** out of you all, I could die right after the game and I would have died a happy man, cheers....

I would love nothing better than for you Nubskers to go to the Rose Bowl ranked #1 and Colorado to be ranked #2 and for us to beat the living **** out of you all, I could die right after the game and I would have died a happy man, cheers....

Won't happen, at least that's not how I've seen my dream go. :lol:

The one damn time in my life I actually wanted the Nubs to win and they choke. I guess this nightmare season won't end until I get to watch TCU take on Boise State in the BCS Championship.

The one damn time in my life I actually wanted the Nubs to win and they choke. I guess this nightmare season won't end until I get to watch TCU take on Boise State in the BCS Championship.

I might smash my television if that happens................

Hope those clowns take their trolls with them. To an Iowa board, or somewhere like that where they're a better fit culturally.

Hope those clowns take their trolls with them. To an Iowa board, or somewhere like that where they're a better fit culturally.

blah blah blah, that's all I'm hearing. I like most of the folks around here so I'll probably stay along with Kamel and a few others. You're just pissed because there's is nothing you can do about it. :rolling_eyes:

Better to be dead than to wear a Dildo on your head...

neb-apparel-mascothat_1.jpg

Fluffalo fan, celebrate the misery of others cause you won't having anything to celebrate the rest of year. What a lame program, from B12 cellar dweller to PAC12 bottom feeder.

Fluffalo fan, celebrate the misery of others cause you won't having anything to celebrate the rest of year. What a lame program, from B12 cellar dweller to PAC12 bottom feeder.

oh quite wrong there buddy...

there will be a collective celebration when the powers to be terminate the contract of one, Dan Hawkins.... that my friend, immediately lifts us out of the cellar.....

oh quite wrong there buddy...

there will be a collective celebration when the powers to be terminate the contract of one, Dan Hawkins.... that my friend, immediately lifts us out of the cellar.....

Perhaps. How do you explain the patience given from admin when it comes to Talkins? Is it all about the buy out? Is it not more costly to lose your identity, etc?

Perhaps. How do you explain the patience given from admin when it comes to Talkins? Is it all about the buy out? Is it not more costly to lose your identity, etc?

From a football perspective, you ask a great question.

The decission makers are CU Chancellor Phil DiStephano, President Bruce Benson, and the elected regents.

If the decision were up to AD Mike Bohn, Dan Hawkins probably would have been gone after the 2009 Nebraska game, with a slight possibility of keeping his powder dry until the Pac12 decision.

The Regents, President Benson, and Phil DiStephano have relegated football success as "nice to have", not "must have." This drives the CU football fans nuts. Phil DiStephano is on record saying before the CSU game that Dan Hawkins will be evaluated at the end of the year. He prides himself as an academics first chancellor and a man who stands by his word. He also said that this is a big year for Dan Hawkins, and that he expects CU to attend a "good bowl game." After Baylor, it's clear Dan Hawkins is no longer on a trajectory to get a good bowl game.

Denver based President Bruce Benson lets Phil DiStephano call the shots in Boulder, but will veto a buy-out if it gets in the way of politics around higher ed funding.

The Regents won't pull the rug out from under Benson or DiStephano on something as seemingly trivial as college football.

It must be really hard for someone from Nebraska to understand that the U of Colorado takes it's academic mission more seriously than sports-entertainment.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a football perspective, you ask a great question.

The decission makers are CU Chancellor Phil DiStephano, President Bruce Benson, and the elected regents.

If the decision were up to AD Mike Bohn, Dan Hawkins probably would have been gone after the 2009 Nebraska game, with a slight possibility of keeping his powder dry until the Pac12 decission.

The Regents, President Benson, and Phil DiStephano have relegated football success as "nice to have", not "must have." This drives the CU football fans nuts. Bruce Benson is on record saying that Dan Hawkins will be evaluated at the end of the year. He prides himself as an academics first chancellor and a man who stands by his word.

Denver based President Bruce Benson let's Phil DiStephano call the shots in Boulder, but will veto a buy-out if it gets in the way of politics around higher ed funding.

The Regents won't pull the rug out from under Benson or DiStephano on something as seemingly trivial as college football.

It must be really hard for someone from Nebraska to understand that the U of Colorado takes it's academic mission more seriously than sports-entertainment.

You would be the only FCS school to do so. You know what you sound like, and play like for that matter? A D3 school that doesn't give schollys but promotes academics. Except you dolts are paying out scholly money and don't care what you put on the field and it shows. Sounds like a cop out on someone's part.

You would be the only FCS school to do so. You know what you sound like, and play like for that matter? A D3 school that doesn't give schollys but promotes academics. Except you dolts are paying out scholly money and don't care what you put on the field and it shows. Sounds like a cop out on someone's part.

Vanderbuilt or Stanford might debate your "only FCS" assertion.
The Pac10 in particular tends to emphasize academics more than conferences to the east. The top-tier research tie in with CU obviously had more to do with CU's invitation to join the Pac 10 than the performance of Dan Hawkins.

You are entitled to consider the answer given as a rationalization and a poor excuse. You'll find very few posters on this Internet URL who agree with CU's priorities. But they are what they are.

The Husker nation wouldn't and doesn't put up with that kind of thinking.

I see. You are the spelling/grammar officer for the day, how nice.

You misunderstood my post. I'm more concerned with your content; you began by chiding us for celebrating your loss, and then conclude by celebrating our misery. It struck me as funny.

Edit: But it's true, your grammar was no picnic either.

You misunderstood my post. I'm more concerned with your content; you began by chiding us for celebrating your loss, and then conclude by celebrating our misery. It struck me as funny.

Edit: But it's true, your grammar was no picnic either.

I did, because I don't believe I was celebrating your misery just stating the obvious condition of CU football and making a safe prediciton.

Sort of pathetic how desparate shuckster fans are for attention from Colorado fans.

It's sort of pathetic that no matter what, there is always a thread dedicated to something Husker related in the football forum on a Buffs website. Road goes both ways pal whether you'll admit it or not. Get off your high horse............

It's sort of pathetic that no matter what, there is always a thread dedicated to something Husker related in the football forum on a Buffs website. Road goes both ways pal whether you'll admit it or not. Get off your high horse............

Wait, is this high horse the same horse the Buffs are supposed to get back on and keep riding. Maybe that's the problem, the horse we're supposed to get back on is just too tall.

Wait, is this high horse the same horse the Buffs are supposed to get back on and keep riding. Maybe that's the problem, the horse we're supposed to get back on is just too tall.

This is particularly troubling for Wispy.

Back