What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Just Watched the Presser

HCJE doesn't appear content to forge student athletes. He appears geared towards creating future NFL players.

Huh?

He has a whole section about brining in former players who did other things in their lives, and about the importance of getting your degree and accomplishing this and that.

Huh?

He has a whole section about brining in former players who did other things in their lives, and about the importance of getting your degree and accomplishing this and that.

I think you missed skid's point. Hawkins was about creating the STUDENT-athlete. Embree is about creating the student-ATHLETE. He knows as a former player who had dreams of playing in the NFL that the kids we really want are the ones who make it clear that they want the best possible chance to get into the league. He is stating that his pitch will be that he is the one to help them get there. He also goes on to say that being a player for CU can be so much more then prepping for the NFL and wants to bring in great success stories from all walks of life that are former players. I saw it as a great statement.

Huh?

im guessing he forgot the 't' in "forge". typo.

happens to me all the time.

Back