What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kabion Ento - serious upside

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Howell just posted a column to the DC: http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuffs/ci_30037644/cu-buffs-kabion-ento-ready-make-impact-at

"He's doing the craziest dunks that I don't even see people in the NBA doing," Awuzie said. "He's just incredibly athletic."

"I think he was in my office every day asking me what he could do extra, and it showed, because when he came in, we told him, 'You're weak. You're weak in a lot of areas,'" CU strength and conditioning coach Drew Wilson said. "The kid has made great gains in his strength. He's a long kid, he's a fast kid, an athletic kid. He's added strength to that now, so he's going to be a force to be reckoned with."

"He has a long way to go in the refining of his craft, but he's willing to work at it," Chiaverini said. "He's still learning how to run routes at an elite level.

"I think he has a huge ceiling, but he's got to continue to work his game and continue to work the fundamentals of his position. He made some strides in the spring, and I think he's going to make some more strides in fall camp."

"I have to make sure I keep working hard, that I don't get complacent," Ento said. "With all this talent we've got, I have to make sure I'm part of this talent. I never want my name left out. Anything I can do — blocking, catching the simplest ball — anything you can do to get in the rotation. It's going to be hard, but it's going to be something that's worthwhile."

This is the kind of stuff I want to hear about our players. Ento wasn't a guy I was particularly high on when he was signed, so hoping he proves me to once again be an idot. From the above quotes, I'm loving this guy and it's another reason to believe in The Rise.

If he can catch, he may be the missing link we have been looking for in the red zone (once he does what is asked of him related to strength and route running).

Lots of if's there, but we very much need a red zone receiving threat, so here's hoping!

I like that Ento is willing to work and that the coaches were able to be so direct with him about his weakness....and even more that he was willing and able to hear it and know it was true. The lack of strength was very obvious in the spring game. So much so that on at least two occassions it didn't look like he was even attempting to get to the ball. If he is able to add strength and maintain his athleticism he could be fun to watch about a year from now.

Back