What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Awesome RG. Straight outta left field. No one here had any clue (bonus).
As good a recruiter as Tucker***s.
Better gameday coach. KD as coach would have beaten Air Force and AZ last season and had us in a bowl game.
Looking forward to this season. I'll definitely re-up for the season tix now.

But would he have worn shorts on the sideline?

I wasn’t overly excited when i heard the news, but i will give it a shot And not jump too conclusions. My hope is that this is like when Chizk was hired at Auburn and all of the fans were booing him at the airport when he flew in to be announced and he came in and ended up winning a natty. Very different circumstances and he caught lightning in a bottle i know, but that is my dream.

I get it. I probably talked myself in it, but I like KD a lot more than a lot of the names mentioned earlier.

I'm putting all my faith in he has gurantees from some very high level assistants and that is what sold RG.

This is a better hire than Calhoon and Bielema and I am very sure of that.

I’m okay with that, I’m probably being exceptionally negative here, I’ve lost a bit of faith tbh. It is a hire that’s out of left field and the biggest part of it looking like a disaster is that I’ve never even heard of this guy. I am admittedly 34 though so his tenure is long before I remember ****. I trust RG but I’m nervous as **** with this hire, i just want fun football to watch. It’s been too long

To clarify, all I am saying is I can understand the hire, and see how it could turn out to be a good hire given the circumstances. The Michigan State fiasco put us in a tough spot. What great candidates currently coaching in college are left just weeks before spring ball? There’s a reason they didn’t move in December. Either not desirable or not interested. For those in the not interested category, CU had no shot. I suppose you could roll the dice on Walters. But it wasn’t even certain Walters would be retained by Drinkwitz. Dorrell offers a path to retain Chev, which I think is important to the players.

Given those circumstances, I’m not going to trash this hire. I’m looking for positives. There’s a lot of positives to find here. The Vandy situation is concerning (much more so than his tenure at UCLA) but as people have noted, its Vandy in the SEC. Mason is on his 4th OC and 4th DC (a dick move). And I don’t think Dorell’s successors have faired any better.

I’m not drinking the kool aid. Just being realistic about the situation. And if it’s unknown, I’d rather find reasons to like the hire rather than reasons to hate it.

That said, all y’all’s can go **** yourselves.

I didn’t say it was the reason, I said it was probably one of the reasons. In that it created negative momentum for them.

Any fan of CU should know that negative momentum is a real thing.
You think USC is still suffering from negative momentum from the end of the Pete Carroll years? K

To clarify, all I am saying is I can understand the hire, and see how it could turn out to be a good hire given the circumstances. The Michigan State fiasco put us in a tough spot. What great candidates currently coaching in college are left just weeks before spring ball? There’s a reason they didn’t move in December. Either not desirable or not interested. For those in the not interested category, CU had no shot. I suppose you could roll the dice on Walters. But it wasn’t even certain Walters would be retained by Drinkwitz. Dorrell offers a path to retain Chev, which I think is important to the players.

Given those circumstances, I’m not going to trash this hire. I’m looking for positives. There’s a lot of positives to find here. The Vandy situation is concerning (much more so than his tenure at UCLA) but as people have noted, its Vandy in the SEC. Mason is on his 4th OC and 4th DC (a dick move). And I don’t think Dorell’s successors have faired any better.

I’m not drinking the kool aid. Just being realistic about the situation. And if it’s unknown, I’d rather find reasons to like the hire rather than reasons to hate it.

**** you

Do you realize that when you're online the head of the little green icon is in the ass of your chicken hawk avatar?

Howell completely encapsulates my entire complaint about this hire. He has to dig up some ****ing weird lost footage from almost a decade ago to show us who this guy even is?!

And the people on here talking about how he went to bowl games. That was 15 goddamn years ago. Brendon Rice was 5! Where the **** has this guy been hiding out if he’s such a hot commodity? He’s 53, and aside from CU, is anyone else giving this guy the keys to the car?

Howell completely encapsulates my entire complaint about this hire. He has to dig up some ****ing weird lost footage from almost a decade ago to show us who this guy even is?!

And the people on here talking about how he went to bowl games. That was 15 goddamn years ago. Brendon Rice was 5! Where the **** has this guy been hiding out if he’s such a hot commodity? He’s 53, and aside from CU, is anyone else giving this guy the keys to the car?

Wait till you see what we're paying him.

I'm beginning to think that most of you would've bitched no matter who was named our next head coach. I'm really excited about the hire. The Miami Dolphins thought enough of Coach Dorrell to name him Assistant HC on Friday so I think that's pretty impressive. He has lots of NFL experience which recruits love and he has college HC experience in our conference. Not only that, he has experience with both CU and the Broncos so with those three different times working in CO he must like it. For all of you who were so high on Sarkisian, I'm not sure why you aren't equally impressed with Coach Dorrell. Sark's winning percentage as a college HC is .568 and Dorrell is .564 so virtually identical performances. Both had those records in the Pac 12. Both have NFL experience. As for me, I'll take Dorrell over Sarkisian any day. Sarkisian can implode at any moment due to his addiction issues while Dorrell is a much safer hire. I'm completely on board with this hire and I'm so happy this is now behind us. We have a better coach than we had last year so this is a win for us. Not only that, we're substantially increasing our assistant pay (based on what I've read) so that is outstanding news. I'm very excited to see what Coach Dorrell will do with our program!

To be fair. If he was white, he probably would have been given a second chance sooner. That's the reality for most black head coaches. One and done if you don't win your first chance.

To be fair. If he was white, he probably would have been given a second chance sooner. That's the reality for most black head coaches. One and done if you don't win your first chance.
Possibly, and a fair point. But I’m still hard pressed to be excited about this hire. I sincerely hope I’m wrong and the Buffs crush it from here on out- I know I’ll be rooting for them to do just that.
But it seems like the best thing experts or colleagues can say about him is that he’s a nice guy.

It doesn’t seem so.
Ha! I don't get any happiness out of your program's misery. The guy I quoted was mentioning 6 wins per year + an occasional 10 win season as if it would be a step back, but you've averaged 5 wins/season for the last 20 years. I think it's time for the fanbase to get real.

Colorado should be in contention for PAC-12 championships regularly, and I don't think this hire is a move in the correct direction.

Renck doesn't get the area code for Moscow, Russia confused with the one for Kansas City, MO like Mikey did yesterday. He doesn't have any credibility on anything that doesn't involve the Broncos.
I think Renck is one of the best writers in Denver.

Karl Dorrell? I don't like it but he did coach here, was a HC and had decent recruiting classes at ucla. Hope he can keep this class from blowing up.

Sad this is what it came down to but hey, we're used to stuff like this.

Just win 6 ****ing games and get to a bowl.

I'm beginning to think that most of you would've bitched no matter who was named our next head coach. I'm really excited about the hire. The Miami Dolphins thought enough of Coach Dorrell to name him Assistant HC on Friday so I think that's pretty impressive. He has lots of NFL experience which recruits love and he has college HC experience in our conference. Not only that, he has experience with both CU and the Broncos so with those three different times working in CO he must like it. For all of you who were so high on Sarkisian, I'm not sure why you aren't equally impressed with Coach Dorrell. Sark's winning percentage as a college HC is .568 and Dorrell is .564 so virtually identical performances. Both had those records in the Pac 12. Both have NFL experience. As for me, I'll take Dorrell over Sarkisian any day. Sarkisian can implode at any moment due to his addiction issues while Dorrell is a much safer hire. I'm completely on board with this hire and I'm so happy this is now behind us. We have a better coach than we had last year so this is a win for us. Not only that, we're substantially increasing our assistant pay (based on what I've read) so that is outstanding news. I'm very excited to see what Coach Dorrell will do with our program!

I get if you think there is too much bitching, but this post strikes me as you would have been excited by anyone we hired.

Dorrell may end being a decent hire, but you are overselling it quite a bit.

Back