What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

it's weak sauce. Cut throat business. We weren't trying to hire Sark cause we were trying to be nice.

As you quoted me, I said head coaches. Coordinators are always available.

I haven't seen anything that confirms they seriously interviewed head coaches, including Calhoun.

Kyle Dorrell has a better resume than Mel Tucker if you compare both resumes side by side.

KD is part of the Bill McCartney, Mike Shanahan coaching tree.

Evil twin?
giphy.gif

Kyle Dorrell has a better resume than Mel Tucker if you compare both resumes side by side.

Meh. Times New Roman is played out. Both should’ve considered Garamond instead. I do give Dorrell’s resume a slight edge because “relentlessly seeking a position that suits my skills” just sounds dumb.

Karl Dorrell has a better resume than Mel Tucker if you compare both resumes side by side.

FIFY-but your overall take is 100%. As good as this incoming class is, the 2019 CU team didn't look that much different than the last two. Are the recruiting questions with KD valid? No question. Let's see how the final staff shakes out though.

I think it is obvious that one of RG's main criteria was head coaching experience especially at the P5 level. I can see the reasoning, when you hire a coordinator he has to learn how be a head coach and run a program especially when they come from the outside. You are willing to go through that process a little bit but having gone through the first year with Tucker you are not willing to go through it again. You want someone who has been through those growing pains.

The Dorrell hire at first glance is a little uninspiring, but when you dig a little deeper he does bring things to the table. He is not going to be a rah rah guy but I do believe he will bring some intensity. Like everyone else I want to see recruiting.

Shoemaker simply does not want to have a football team at CU. I don't see how she is actually doing her job or serving her constituents. Not like her platform was "end football at CU" when she ran for office.

Kroll's just a dumbass pissant trying to get attention and is in some sort of bubble where he gets positive feedback for his antics.

I think the seven approving is the number to highlight. Rick George has done some work here.

So much press given to the Regents that vote against the contracts. Only one of seven that voted for the contract are listed in Howell’s story and the one that is listed was only listed because she voted against football contracts recently.

The presss and the posters around here spend so much energy pissing and whining about two Regents and spend little time on the seven supporters.

So much press given to the Regents that vote against the contracts. Only one of seven that voted for the contract are listed in Howell’s story and the one that is listed was only listed because she voted against football contracts recently.

The presss and the posters around here spend so much energy pissing and whining about two Regents and spend little time on the seven supporters.
It would be a refreshing narrative change.

Back