What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

I guess I just can't imagine that the recruiting and coaching staff concerns weren't addressed in the interview to put him ahead of Sark (is that is even true). We all know RG's background and the importance he places on recruiting so how could he possibly just throw all of that away because his coach left after a year?

Wouldn’t you be interviewing guys like Grinch, Kevin Wilson etc?
No interest from them? And we have no idea if CU did or didn’t. The candidates we are hearing about are coming from the agents and not CU. And they very well could have done all the ground work going through the Tucker hire.

Does Calhoun here = Paul Johnson at Georgia Tech?

A little black and gold, 1990 National Champions, running some triple option.

It's going to be fun

As long as its not Bielema I dont really care. Mel Slightly underperformed last year so the fact he left isn’t an issue for me (timing and way it happened sure is). Calhoun is higher floor lower ceiling. Sark is lower floor higher ceiling. My pref is we swing for the fences with Sark but i would prefer Calhoun to any of our last 4 coaches (with the Mel Tucker 20/20 hindsight).

Does Calhoun here = Paul Johnson at Georgia Tech?

A little black and gold, 1990 National Champions, running some triple option.

It's going to be fun

Georgia Tech did indeed have some good years with the option, but lets not pretend players with NFL aspirations will go to a school that runs the option.

As long as its not Bielema I dont really care. Mel Slightly underperformed last year so the fact he left isn’t an issue for me (timing and way it happened sure is). Calhoun is higher floor lower ceiling. Sark is lower floor higher ceiling. My pref is we swing for the fences with Sark but i would prefer Calhoun to any of our last 4 coaches (with the Mel Tucker 20/20 hindsight).
I see Sark as higher floor higher ceiling, both for recruiting and offensive mind.

OMG - poor Adam

The dudes on 247 are like kids hassling their mom on December 23rd.

"But is it an erector set? I don't want an erector set, I want to remote control race car! Where did you buy it? Can you give me a hint? Timmy said it was an erector set, is it? Did dad buy it? Can you ask dad what it is? Is it a race car?"

OMG - poor Adam

The dudes on 247 are like kids hassling their mom on December 23rd.

"But is it an erector set? I don't want an erector set, I want to remote control race car! Where did you buy it? Can you give me a hint? Timmy said it was an erector set, is it? Did dad buy it? Can you ask dad what it is? Is it a race car?"
Are we there yet?

A friend in the admin who would know says they are in negotiations with the pick. Won't say who it is but it isn't Calhoun.
giphy.gif

I don't think he'd be WORSE than MM, but not any better. Calhoun has won double digit games 3X as many times as MM did in a tougher conference, and he's been a HC with sustained success for longer. That said, I think the recruiting concerns make it a wash.

My friend that is buddies with Mel along with several other people with CU admin just posted on his FB welcome Sark, "assuming the Regents don't screw it up"

Don't know if legit-he could just be trolling people.

Back