What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

This is almost a direct quote from what I heard them discuss this morning on 92.5
I honestly didn't hear it, but it's a Denver media staple to play the "CU should know their place in college football" or "CU fan is delusional and shouldn't view themselves as too good for X coach". I guarantee you that if Jim McElwain was hired as CU's HC, the local media would say, "Great hire! He beat CU back in 2014. Buff fans should love this".

I honestly didn't hear it, but it's a Denver media staple to play the "CU should know their place in college football" or "CU fan is delusional and shouldn't view themselves as too good for X coach". I guarantee you that if Jim McElwain was hired as CU's HC, the local media would say, "Great hire! He beat CU back in 2014. Buff fans should love this".
Exactly. I listened today for about 5 minutes before I got mad enough to turn it off. The Denver media loves to remind CU that they haven't really had success outside of 1 season in the last 15 years and fans are delusional to think they can even compete, but then turns around and talks about how the Nuggets actually have a shot at making the NBA finals and how Trevor Siemian or Joe Flacco is the QB the Broncos need to make the Super Bowl...

My updated wishlist:
1) Sark
2) Wilcox (seems unlikely)
3) Chev and/or Walters
4) Harsin (no smoke here, but I'd still take him)
5) Pretty much any other legit candidate
6) Calhoun
7) Bielema

True. I think they resent having to spend time talking about the Buffs...it robs them of valuable Bronco fellating time.

GIVE ME ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

From my understanding, CU Administration love Calhoun, but have concerns about his offense week in and week out in a Power 5 to include being able to recruit talent consistently. He makes $725K+ at his current job. So his and his staff's salaries fit nicely into CU's budget.

If Calhoun was a slam dunk, they wouldn't have interviewed Sark after they had interviewd Calhoun. CU wants Sark, but can the money be worked out for all?

per Bama Boards

True. I think they resent having to spend time talking about the Buffs...it robs them of valuable Bronco fellating time.

I remember the day FHCMM was hired. Sandy was by himself in the 9a-12p Wednesday he has with Orlando back then, and he had to go out of his way to explain why a new hire at CU was a big story in Denver sports because he got so many "Talk about the Broncos!" texts.

I assume the offer is out, everything has been agreed upon and I'm going to assume it's Sark until it's not.

Because of the shortened timeline and with Spring Camp around the corner, I can't imagine Sark is going to have the luxury of taking weeks to fill out the staff. I'm hopeful the radio silence is finalizing his contract, along with multiple assistants he is bringing in.

I assume the offer is out, everything has been agreed upon and I'm going to assume it's Sark until it's not.

Because of the shortened timeline and with Spring Camp around the corner, I can't imagine Sark is going to have the luxury of taking weeks to fill out the staff. I'm hopeful the radio silence is finalizing his contract, along with multiple assistants he is bringing in.
1582222079732.png

Maybe he's in Tuscaloosa, poaching away, lol.

Back