What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

I'm pretty sure Vic just really likes to rile up people who take things way too personally. He's a local guy who really cares about local teams, and sometimes to a fault, cares about local personalities. He's wrong sometimes, but he's not a hot take machine. He's way better than any of the Bronco shills, but he also doesn't really have any deep source connections at CU. I know this is an impossible ask, but some people around here really need to chill out.

I think he's got a bad source here and he doesn't get that. If we were that close with TC, somebody else would have this.

His resume speaks for itself.

That’s fine, I still think he’s wildly misinformed on all things CU and it doesn’t excuse his arrogance that he’s never wrong. I just think he’s full of dumb takes, like the Calhoun one all morning long. I’ve text and been on the show multiple times, he’s worse than Sandy Clough in how hard headed he is, he’s NEVER wrong, nor can he agree to disagree. I say he lacks credibility because he doesn’t come from a place of knowledge. Mark Schlereth played football, I can respect his view of the NFL. Vic Lombardi’s resume says what about his credibility of NCAA coach football searches? Lol we can agree to disagree.

Vic Lombardi isn't a bad guy or a bad media personality. He is generally positive and good natured. The simple problem is that he isn't well plugged in at CU and he doesn't know much about college football, so when he has to delve into CU stuff or college football, he gets out of his depth. He isn't a shock jock.

Brett Kane, their 3rd partner on the morning show, is MUCH MUCH better aligned with college football, and he tries to keep Moser and Lombardi on the reservation
There isn't one person in the media that I am aware of that knows much about college football. Clough does a great job with college bball and is smart enough to put solid arguments together on CFB but even he struggles at times. The simple fact is that it is a professional sports town/state. When you ask professional sports people to comment on these things they are completely unprepared for it and usually it goes the direction of trying to find a local person to take over. The only person I can think of that does a solid job covering CFB is Drotar on the fan but he is great at covering everything.

giphy.gif

Jake Wray’s Dad and a recruiting assistant following Sark. Announce this now!

There isn't one person in the media that I am aware of that knows much about college football. Clough does a great job with college bball and is smart enough to put solid arguments together on CFB but even he struggles at times. The simple fact is that it is a professional sports town/state. When you ask professional sports people to comment on these things they are completely unprepared for it and usually it goes the direction of trying to find a local person to take over. The only person I can think of that does a solid job covering CFB is Drotar on the fan but he is great at covering everything.

Brett Kane came from Omaha about a year ago where he pretty much exclusively covered college football. He understands it very well, but gets over-powered by the hot takes from Moser and Lombardi

I will say again, the recruiting assistants are as in the dark as everyone else here. Players are too as of last I checked (30 minutes ago) so assume these twitter follows are just players seeing the twitter activity that we are.

Or having a little fun with us.

No matter the hire, Woellk is going to spin it as the best hire in the history of CU.

I think this is going to be the trickiest part of the next couple of days for whomever gets hired. All of the typical coach-speak cliche's are going to garner a giant collective eye-roll from the fanbase. The dream-job, in it for the long-haul, very selective in choosing where I want to be, blah blah blah message is just not going to work.

I'll give Schlereth this-he knows where his strengths are a talking head and does a pretty good job of sticking with them. College football isn't one of them, and he freely admits that. I agree with most, if not everything he says on the Broncos though because he's a damn good NFL guy and the best in the market IMO on that subject.

These takes on Lombardi and his tweet last night go back to what I said last night. We've had four of these since Calhoun took over from DeBerry at AFA after the 2006 season (Embree, MacIntyre, Melvin, and now this one). Lombardi, a host on 104.3 (Sandy Clough has a couple of times because of the relationship he's got with TC), or some other member of the Denver sports media has brought up TC's name in every single one of these. They all know him and like him, which gives them an agenda. Thus, I'm waiting for Adam, Brian, or somebody else who covers CU or the sport for a living to come and say TC is the guy if that's the case. The Denver sports media does not have any credibility on this topic because they drive the bus for Calhoun during any CU football coach search.
I would add that the fact that TC has ties to the Broncos gives him instant default credibility among Denver media shills.

Back