What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Don't forget Bielema!

That self-righteous SOB will be good for two years before he uses us to jump back into big boy football.
At this point, I’d be totally OK with a coach taking us to two bowl games and parlaying that into a job somewhere else. We are in a bad spot now that will require RG to make some decisions he really doesn’t want to make. There will be a lot of people very displeased with whatever happens. We don’t have a lot of good options.

giphy.gif

Don't forget Bielema!

That self-righteous SOB will be good for two years before he uses us to jump back into big boy football.

If that happened that means he had some kind of success here. I wouldn't mind it as long as it happens in an opportune time for hiring a replacement. It would be a better situation than having TC win 4-6 games for 5 years and leave the cupboard empty.

Are we starting the process all over from scratch now? Mora, Leavitt and Chivarini are all guys we could probably offer with a reasonable expectation that they’d accept it. Do we have to at least consider Jim Leavitt at this point?
Leavitt won't be coming here

The pride and tradition of the Colorado Buffaloes will not be entrusted to the timid or the weak

5D52591A-1B30-42B1-B92C-26755F4663C8.jpeg

new draft - late feb desperation edit

The pride and tradition of the Colorado Buffaloes seeks a head coaching companion who is mostly honest and does not creep out 85 talented but recently abandoned scholarship athletes. Will consider retreads, re-retreads, reformed substance abusers, fatties with hot wives, and chondrichthyphiliacs if they can demonstrate an ability to recruit CA and TX. Mid-level bowl experience (or better) is a plus. Salary is almost competitive with some SEC/B10 assistant coach compensation packages.

Likes proximity to mountains, nice view from coaching office, trips to P12 locations, and beer that tickles like Champaign.

The whiff of Boise, Baylor, I-25, Nebraska, MAC, WAC, MWC, any other non-P5 roots, or Nick Saban will result in disgruntled supporters.

Go piss off, Dave Logan; we’ve been through this already a thousand times and nothing has changed between us.

Serious offers only.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why you continually talk about saving the class. If CU doesn't want to give them a release then there's nothing they can do. You are seriously misinformed on this.
If you do not release them, they all transfer!
Our recruiting had a lot to do with Chev
Our beefed up infrastructure is in place
Our defensive coordinator is still here
Keeping Kap and JJ was possible if DC was just hired right away. There are some OC’s out there that can be bought. I think Chev wants to be a HC more than a playcaller, and I think it is his calling.
BB, TC, and others are the death nail

Well, not where I expected us to be. I am on the Chev bandwagon now. Don't really want to be.
He wants to be here, he wants to be a BUFF.
Pay him, settle things down, help save this class, it seems most of the kids like him.
RG and LC do some searches and help him fill his staff, with young up and comers.

surround a first time hc with one year of coordinator experience with young up and comers? sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Back