What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

i remember when KD brought UCLA to Boulder in the 00's.....they had big, athletic wideouts and we had smallish DB's. they didn't use that advantage once all afternoon. i thought that was really bad coaching.

i will be a good sport about whatever happens (maybe, probably)....would not be a fan of Dorrell at CU, really.

Yikes, 56 year old with mediocre success as a HC in college. Not my idea of a splashy hire

Well, there probably wasn’t going to be a splashy hire. A coordinator from a college program might have been more exciting but those guys would be unproven commodities.

This guy has proven to be a competent coach, has experience coaching in the PAC 12 and at Colorado multiple times.

Plus, with his experience coaching in both the pros and college all over the country he should have a pretty extensive network.

It’s not thrilling but it seems like it should be a solid hire, if true.

My family lived next to the Dorrell’s when I was little. Karl was coaching with the Broncos at the time. We’re still good friends with them to this day. A very nice family all around!

I think he’s a good coach, but I don’t know about how he recruits. I was to young to care when he coached at UCLA. 😆

One day we get good names and the next day we get bad names! Why??? What happened to Grinch and Harrell? What about other top coordinators/assistants out there? Let me be Head of the Search Committee

Back