What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Seems like a 6-6 kind of guy
Nothing special but no embarrassing losses. Just beat the teams we’re supposed to and fall short to the ones we shouldn’t. There isn’t necessarily anything wrong with that given CU’s recent history. I’m not scorched earth on this but just in all honesty don’t see this guy elevating to 8/9 win seasons. Hope I’m wrong

Seems like a 6-6 kind of guy
Nothing special but no embarrassing losses. Just beat the teams we’re supposed to and fall short to the ones we shouldn’t. There isn’t necessarily anything wrong with that given CU’s recent history. I’m not scorched earth on this but just in all honesty don’t see this guy elevating to 8/9 win seasons. Hope I’m wrong
Reminded me of guys like Terry Donahue and Tony Dungy. That can work better than 6-6. It can also fail to get you where you want to go, but I don't think it ever fails to the point where the next coach is putting out a dumpster fire. Maybe the thing CU should have been looking for the past 15 years.

I like how McCartney used the words genuine and authentic. Probably true, but also kind of took a shot at our last coach.

Is that Brian Cabral I see in that video? I know he is big in Buffs for Life along with Sean Tufts not bad people to have around right now.

I really appreciated the big hug between Cabral and KD as he entered the hall to meet the team.

We're getting the band back together!!!!!

I've been calling him "cage" in my head = KArl JamEs. Like KG from Tenacious D.
giphy.gif

You’re right, I’m not. I value winning and talent acquisition over long tenures and being a salt of the earth honest bloke.

Who would I have preferred? There’s a long list before I would have gotten to KD but for starters:

Grinch
Sark
Harrell
Tony Elliot
Wilcox
McElwain
Tosh

And honestly I wouldn’t have been thrilled with some of these guys but still would have preferred them to KD. I hope he does really well and I can eat major crow.

You lost me when you brought up Lupoi again. His failure at Alabama shows me he's not qualified to be a coordinator at this level-much less be the head coach at a power 5 program-regardless of how good a recruiter he is.

Are the questions about Karl Dorrell the recruiter fair? Absolutely. I've got them myself. Let me say this, though: Call me crazy-but having a coach here now who won't **** over half his staff, his entire team, and the 25 kids he talked into signing LOIs here only to leave a week after signing day does matter.

Chev to OC

Most likely will happen, but not sure if it should

If Chev wants the best for his career, he should stick it out as WR/RC for a year at CU and then move onto a G5 school as sole OC next year to learn and then step up to a P5 OC and do that for a couple years and then be in prime position to takeover from HCKD

You lost me when you brought up Lupoi again. His failure at Alabama shows me he's not qualified to be a coordinator at this level-much less be the head coach at a power 5 program-regardless of how good a recruiter he is.

Are the questions about Karl Dorrell the recruiter fair? Absolutely. I've got them myself. Let me say this, though: Call me crazy-but having a coach here now who won't **** over half his staff, his entire team, and the 25 kids he talked into signing LOIs here only to leave a week after signing day does matter.
I’m not all in on Tosh, he worked at Alabama for 5 years and was promoted 3 times. If his failure was not being a great defensive play caller then fine don’t hire him as a DC.

It’s not crazy to want a guy who won’t leave a week after signing day and f**k over his staff and the players - what IS crazy is to assume any of these other candidates we debated for two weeks would.

Just because a guy doesn’t have CU connections, or doesn’t talk about how CU is his dream job doesn’t mean he’s going to pull what Tucker did - you’re overreacting.

Is Dorrell an upgrade over MacIntyre? Coaching? Recruiting? Staffing?

Whatever that was that happened in between won't matter in the long run.
In terms of on the field demeanor and decision-making, KD is better than our two previous hires. If the players KD gets are closer to macintyre than MT, Colorado will again be a 5-7 type of team.

Back