What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kickoff Luncheon - Friday August 26.

Fun event. I think the other posters covered the real highlights. Embree really does take over a room when he speaks.

I want the game bad as well but sure hope that if for some strange reason the Buffs don't win it doesn't emotionally set the team backwards.

It's vital that we win the Hawaii game. This team's confidence has to be fragile. Get the road monkey off their back and they'll gain so much in terms of belief... belief in themselves, this team, the coaches, the system, the season. Follow it up by reversing a Cal blowout from last season and we're looking at a team that could surprise the nation.

It's vital that we win the Hawaii game. This team's confidence has to be fragile. Get the road monkey off their back and they'll gain so much in terms of belief... belief in themselves, this team, the coaches, the system, the season. Follow it up by reversing a Cal blowout from last season and we're looking at a team that could surprise the nation.

As much as I've made fun of people who labeled 1st games as "must win," I think you are right about this one. I think that if the team gets some confidence in themselves, the coaches, the bigger plan, etc, this thing could skyrocket (and I mean a great season, recruiting success, etc). I'm worried that the team has so much invested in the 1st game that if they lose, they'll have a hard time rebounding, but I think that going "all in" on the 1st game is ok. They are going to need that to win on the road, in a place that is historically tough for visiting teams. I wasn't at the luncheon, but I think I'm picking up the vibe from a 1000 miles away. GO BUFFS!

I kind of second that. I know there's a risk in putting too much emphasis on the one game and wanting it too badly but there are times when you have to go for it all. If we lose and the season goes downhill, then we aren't really worse off than all of the pundits say we are. But, as Buffnik points out, win and build some confidence and momentum and we have enough on this team to surprise people.

It sure as hell beats the "not too high, not too low" crap.

Excellent video... also they showed this bit before Mike Bohn spoke...

[video=youtube;xP_2MAYmjY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP_2MAYmjY0[/video]

I thought it was a pretty good video highlighting our new conference...and of course they talk about their new members! Worth a look I think!

Last edited:
I wonder if he is doing anything to reach out to the students to get them more tied to the team. He has the type of charisma that might actually make it work with your student population

I wonder if he is doing anything to reach out to the students to get them more tied to the team. He has the type of charisma that might actually make it work with your student population

I haven't seen anything

Back