What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

KO out 4-6 weeks

If Mac doesn't win a conference game again this year is he fired by RG or not. Hope they don't redo the D2Dan deal and give him one year too many cause he sure reminds me of him.

What happened to Addison? He was a stud freshman year and now it feels like he is on the verge of retirement.
LB attitude in a DB body. Addison has accumulated a combination of injuries that have prevented him from getting on the field and when on the field playing like he did as a freshman.

Not ready to write him off but would love for somebody to come in and take over the Mike and let him play outside where he would not have the constant banging against bigger bodies.

Other issue is that he has developed a history of head injuries. That may be his ultimate undoing if he can't avoid the concussion listing.

Gillam will be back. Had a knee scope. No biggie. Takes time to recover from that and no sense bringing him back too early. This allows us to test out our depth.

Where is Rippy? His cousin was awesome. He was 4 stars. Is he in the dog house, off the team, or simply not performing?
I agree that Gillam is too slight for the Mike. He needs to be on the outside flexing his range.

Gillam will be back. Had a knee scope. No biggie. Takes time to recover from that and no sense bringing him back too early. This allows us to test out our depth.

Where is Rippy? His cousin was awesome. He was 4 stars. Is he in the dog house, off the team, or simply not performing?
I agree that Gillam is too slight for the Mike. He needs to be on the outside flexing his range.

No biggie because it allows us to test our depth just as the schedule gets harder? Huh?

Yea ummm this post is incorrect in every way. I don't think Addison will be back anytime soon still. And that is a "biggie" The fact that you don't know what is going on with Rippy is concerning. FWIW I sat next to Grant in the stands last Saturday. That tells you what you need to know on his availability.

Yea ummm this post is incorrect in every way. I don't think Addison will be back anytime soon still. And that is a "biggie" The fact that you don't know what is going on with Rippy is concerning. FWIW I sat next to Grant in the stands last Saturday. That tells you what you need to know on his availability.
What, he's buried on the depth chart? Off the team? Enlighten me oh wise one.

What, he's buried on the depth chart? Off the team? Enlighten me oh wise one.
Poor work ethic. Been named in personal conversations with players as one that doesn't care about the team. So yes. Buried on the depth chart and in the dog house and rightly so.

If Mac doesn't win a conference game again this year is he fired by RG or not. Hope they don't redo the D2Dan deal and give him one year too many cause he sure reminds me of him.
Zero conference wins and Mac is absolutely gone. Even with 1-2 conf wins I think he's gone.

fadbook-8.jpg

We just don't have the depth yet to withstand the hits we keep taking.

I guess we will find out a little more about Falo and Awini.

This has been rehashed every year since the twilight of D2 Danny's tenure but yes, we understand that every program has injuries. It just seems to bite us in the ass more because of the talent level we've been recruiting. Our injuries mean the 2nd team is a big drop off in talent that is forced to start or we have to rush talented guys who are a year or two away into that role and put wear and tear on them and kill confidence early while they are thrown into the fire. There has not been a year since we started our streak of missing bowl games that this has not affected us in a huge way, starting with Ryan Miller back in '08.

I am not a superstitious person but given the anniversary of the 5th Down game I can't help but wonder if the program sold its soul for the Natty and the payback's been what we've been treated to most of the last decade.

other than Irwin, nobody is gone for the season. I think we struggle this week and begin to heal up and return Kronsage, Atkins, Gillam .. .then KO. Sefo should get a little better (let's pray).

Everyone needs to stop talking about and asking about Rippy. He is done. It's over. Barring mass spontaneous combustion of everyone else on the defense, he will never play a down and he certainly won't be on the team next year.

other than Irwin, nobody is gone for the season. I think we struggle this week and begin to heal up and return Kronsage, Atkins, Gillam .. .then KO. Sefo should get a little better (let's pray).

With our O-Line and ASU's attacking defense, we can count on Sefo getting beat the hell up on Saturday.

You cannot trust Adkins and Gillam to stay on the field, so yes, it is a season-long concern.

This has been rehashed every year since the twilight of D2 Danny's tenure but yes, we understand that every program has injuries. It just seems to bite us in the ass more because of the talent level we've been recruiting. Our injuries mean the 2nd team is a big drop off in talent that is forced to start or we have to rush talented guys who are a year or two away into that role and put wear and tear on them and kill confidence early while they are thrown into the fire. There has not been a year since we started our streak of missing bowl games that this has not affected us in a huge way, starting with Ryan Miller back in '08.

I am not a superstitious person but given the anniversary of the 5th Down game I can't help but wonder if the program sold its soul for the Natty and the payback's been what we've been treated to most of the last decade.

The depth issues can also be traced back to some losses in recruiting. Vicious cycle.

Even IF addison makes it back, this LB group is jyst to slow and thin with quality depth. I like that we are getting kids from florida and georgia , but they better find some QUALITY LB'S this recruiting cycle. I'm sure thete are some juco's who could improve this position right away.

WOW. sounds like he is done for the season MTL. Addison I have written off. Kid just can not stay healthy. Makes you wonder how much of his injuries are mental barriers? Adkins, same thing.

WOW. sounds like he is done for the season MTL. Addison I have written off. Kid just can not stay healthy. Makes you wonder how much of his injuries are mental barriers? Adkins, same thing.

This injury is definitely not mental.

I know I am talking about Gillam. His injury has nothing to do with toughness.

This.

Addison has played with some stuff that most people wouldn't consider getting out of bed with. If he isn't playing it is because he is injured, not just hurting.

I'd love to see us get somebody to take the constant impact that goes on in the middle and let Addison try it on the outside. OLB is still physical but he would be hitting guys who don't outweigh him by 80 lbs or more on most plays. Addison is not one of those big bulky guys, he is naturaly slender. My sense is that he ended up inside simply because we had nobody else who could play there.

What I do worry about with Gillam though is his history of head injuries. Once a guy start getting concussions the risk of having more and more serious seems to frequently go up. As serious as his issues have been in the past he could be one hit away from the doctors saying no more football.

KO being out seven weeks does effectively end his season. What is worse for him is that having been active and playing in five games he won't be eligible for a RS for the year if my understanding of the rules is correct.

Back