What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

KU v Okie Lite

KU beats MU.

MU pass D is still very suspect. KU D wins them that game!

MU offense is more explosive, but KU O is solid and doesn't turn the ball over a lot.

I am very impressed with the KU team. The play very disciplined football.

I'm not so sure about that. Time will tell...

They haven't played OU or Mizzou yet and Texas isn't on their schedule, plus their non-conference opponents were a joke.

They have played one team this year that was ranked when they played them (KjSU). None that are presently ranked. This is only their 4th road game, and the first 3 were all decided by less than 10 points (CU being the closest at 5, thank you very much). So I can definitely live with it if they are not #1 this week. On the other hand, I can also see the point that somebody should have to beat them before a team that has a loss goes to #1 ahead of them. I'm ok either way, I guess.

BTW, the schedule argument would have been valid against OSU when they were #1 as well. Only 3 teams ranked when they played them, and only one that was still in last weeks BCS top 25 (Penn State at #23). But I guess because they had a couple of weak "name" schools in their OOC schedule, they were ok to be #1. :huh:

BTW, the schedule argument would have been valid against OSU when they were #1 as well. Only 3 teams ranked when they played them, and only one that was still in last weeks BCS top 25 (Penn State at #23). But I guess because they had a couple of weak "name" schools in their OOC schedule, they were ok to be #1. :huh:

Good point, although I was pretty impressed with how they went into Happy Valley and won impressively.

Dang. Okie Light is making this interesting.

Lance'87.jpg

Having a bit of deja vu today...this starting to remind you of another game from earlier today?

So much for OSU...KU TD. KU PICK. Put a dress on Mangino and have him sing. This one is over.

Holy crap. Thanks for the update! I was watching the Washington - Oregon State game thinking this one was over.

Are you back to watching it now? It has gotten entertaining, and the Beavs are doing their level best to prove that they are still the biggest collection of dumbass thugs in college football.. :huh:

This is ridiculous. KU is three wins away from playing in the national championship game. Has this ever happened with a team that was not ranked in the preseason polls? Actually, they didn't even receive a single vote.

They mentioned during that broadcast tonight that Mangina was 25-35 at KU coming into this season. With tonight's win he got his career record back to .500. In some fan bases, that kind of record would lead to people saying he wasn't "getting it done" and calling for his head.

Sure glad I don't know any fans like that... :smile2:

I have no problem with KU not being #1 right now. If you pad your schedule with the weakest opponents possible, you have to prove your mettle. If they beat Missouri and win the Big XII Championship, they will (rightly) end up playing for the MNC, but it doesn't bother me one bit that they are ranked behind teams with one loss right now.

:yeahthat:

if they win out, they will have their spot. until then, they had the padded nonconference, and got off easy in the b12, unlike everyone else.

Not to toot my own horn (actually, scratch the "not"), but I believe that I called this after KU opened Big 12 play with wins over K-State and Baylor.

Back