What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lacrosse maintains #4 Rank (Huge games this week)

Phew. Winner!

Announcer said Darby Kiernan was out with an injury for awhile, but was able to return. Anyone see what the injury was?

Also, only saw the end, but must have been another great job by goalie SOENKSEN (I assume ably assisted by the whole defense), as she ends up with a .650 save %, with the Blue Hens having a 20-13 advantage on shots on goal, I assume caused AT LEAST partly by the Buffs being doubled up in draw controls 6-12.

Coach Elliott shouldn't have any trouble finding coaching points to make after this one.

Now- Beat the Seawolves!

Last edited:
Official article on the Delaware game now out-

"
NEWARK, Del. — The fourth-ranked Colorado women's lacrosse team improved to 11-0 after a thrilling 9-7 victory against Delaware on Wednesday night.

Seniors Johnna Fusco and Cali Castagnola each recorded a hat-trick in the victory and senior Paige Soenksen made 13 saves to hold the Blue Hens to just seven goals, which tied their season low.

UP NEXT: Colorado will face its fifth ranked opponent this season in No. 5 Stony Brook on Friday, March 31. Opening draw is set for 5 p.m. MT.

QUOTEABLE:
Head Coach Ann Elliott

"Tonight we got outplayed and we were lucky to get the win. We didn't do the little things and we didn't play smart. Credit to Delaware for how well and hard they played. On the one bright side, we made the plays we needed to down the stretch and we kept competing."

"We will see where this game takes us. If we take an honest look at ourselves and respond the right way, we will learn from it and get better. If we don't, it will be a long last few weeks of our season. Right now we have a quick turnaround and we need to start preparing. Stony Brook is a very good team that is fast, athletic and aggressive. Nothing is going to get easier for us. We need to regroup as a team and get ready for this next test. We will see down this stretch what we are made of."

EMAILS: If you are interested in receiving emails about lacrosse, sign up here: http://www.cubuffs.com/sports/2008/9/16/buffs-blast.aspx.
"

Delaware with the pretty big statistical advantage in every category except for saves, free position shots (and of course the main thing- goals). From what I saw, Delaware was a very aggressive team (tight marking of the Buff players up top and behind the goal in the offensive zone not enabling any deliberation before making the next pass), so the game should help them (if of course as Coach Elliott says in the article they learn from it) as they continue to play good teams.

Of course, in the end any win, ESPECIALLY on the road against a good team, is to be appreciated- Go Buffs!

Wake up call, hopefully.

Always good when you can beat a good team on the road on a day when you don't have it clicking.

is that link working for anyone... it keeps telling me im on a mobile browser even tho I'm on my PC

Back