What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

Easily explained ... it takes at least that long for us dullards to fully absorb and appreciate the utter brilliance of your posts. You need to have patience with us. 🥴
raising arizona fart GIF

Prime Effect in Orlando—The Monsters in the Morning is a comedy talk radio show here with no connection at all to CU, but on a Wednesday morning and not in a sports segment they were talking about Coach Prime, the Buffs, the TV numbers and how amazing it is. They’ve talked about CU almost every day in some fashion since the TCU win.
1695207990631.gif
But in a good way.

When CP was hired, I knew we would get increased national exposure because he's a HOF'er. But I'm totally blown away by the depth of his connections. I never realized how deeply respected he is in the NFL cohort. He is clearly respected because of his performances on the field, but he's even more respected for the person that he is. Then you look at the non-football connections he has (musicians, chefs, newscasters, athletes from other sports, etc.) and how much they love him, it's mind bottling. Somehow he touches everyone he comes in contact in a positive way (No, not like Mel Tugger - get your head out of the gutter). The people that hate him don't know him personally.

When CP was hired, I knew we would get increased national exposure because he's a HOF'er. But I'm totally blown away by the depth of his connections. I never realized how deeply respected he is in the NFL cohort. He is clearly respected because of his performances on the field, but he's even more respected for the person that he is. Then you look at the non-football connections he has (musicians, chefs, newscasters, athletes from other sports, etc.) and how much they love him, it's mind bottling. Somehow he touches everyone he comes in contact in a positive way (No, not like Mel Tugger - get your head out of the gutter). The people that hate him don't know him personally.
He is a motivator and a leader.

Many have talked about how he is motivated by money. I think he is more motivated by his mission. The reason I am inclined to that conclusion is if money won out, he would not have donated half his salary at JSU to improvements.

When he talks of JSU, he feels it was a finished project.

CU will keep him as long as it takes for him to finish the project, and we can hope that the next challenge is satisfied by becoming an AD and mentoring coaches that provide opportunity to athletes.

Let us know when you get your mind out of that bottle.

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

Let us know when you get your mind out of that bottle.

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

FIFY

Prime Effect in Orlando—The Monsters in the Morning is a comedy talk radio show here with no connection at all to CU, but on a Wednesday morning and not in a sports segment they were talking about Coach Prime, the Buffs, the TV numbers and how amazing it is. They’ve talked about CU almost every day in some fashion since the TCU win.
View attachment 65080
But in a good way.

Local sports radio here did a segment on Prime this morning and the wild effect he's had on the ratings for our games.

Every morning the security guard at the gate talks to me about the previous game or the upcoming game. I try to make it quick because cars behind me are waiting to get thru but he doesn't seem too concerned lol.

Might need to start a thread on O/U viewership for each game... The 330 ET slot this weekend has three great matchups

#19 Colorado at #10 Oregon - ABC
#15 Ole Miss at #13 Alabama - CBS
#22 UCLA at #11 Utah - FOX

I'd say Colorado/Oregon would get 10m+ but those other two games are going to steal viewers. I bet peak viewership for CU/Oregon is at like 13m though.
Is this like the old Howard Stern viewership? You either loved him or hated him, but everyone listened to hear what he had to say.

Y’all - as long as the Big 12 has a seat at the CFP table, that’s where we want to be with Prime. We’ll have the best teams in the conference and will have the easiest path to glory. I’m talking regular CFP appearances and shots to win it all here. No need to get mixed up in a bloodbath conference unless it’s absolutely necessary.

Y’all - as long as the Big 12 has a seat at the CFP table, that’s where we want to be with Prime. We’ll have the best teams in the conference and will have the easiest path to glory. I’m talking regular CFP appearances and shots to win it all here. No need to get mixed up in a bloodbath conference unless it’s absolutely necessary.
40 million dollars per year will make things pretty necessary coaching salary wise. Or if the players end up getting paid directly (which will happen), team salary wise.

We're going to be the football equivalent of Gonzaga to basketball tournament seeding.

Back