What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

Yep! On the other side...

A lot of guys stayed after Prime left but a lot bailed after the spring game, especially all of the impact players. Truth is, Prime brings a lot to make players forget this is a severely underfunded HBCU.

That said, CU should be able to maintain but the obvious is obvious. Give Prime a massive contract. It's better with him, than without him
I would get creative with Prime. Structure a deal to give him a percentage of the upside he is bringing to the university. Win-win.

Where’s the CU bar in Austin? I was out of town yesterday, but you might be adding one to that crew for future games.
It is the king fu saloon at the domaine. I will prob not go every week but will try to get up there for a few more games.

Yep! On the other side...

A lot of guys stayed after Prime left but a lot bailed after the spring game, especially all of the impact players. Truth is, Prime brings a lot to make players forget this is a severely underfunded HBCU.

That said, CU should be able to maintain but the obvious is obvious. Give Prime a massive contract. It's better with him, than without him
I really don't think money is the real motivator here. He gets his brand and he gets control by staying here. He has all of that NOW!!!. There has to be a special opportunity available for him to leave. Unless something really uncomfortable comes up- like a clash of personality when RG leaves, why on earth would he leave if he has 100% control of everything football and school related to his team? A school would literally have to break their apparel contract to give Coach Prime what he has here. He isn't leaving unless something out of our control happens.

I am not saying he stays forever, but he is here for at least the time his daughter is in school (4 years). If we haven't WON the College Football Playoff by then, maybe THAT motivates him to stay. If we already won it, then maybe he wants to catch Saban. If he won 1 here, then he knows he can win 8.

WE ALREADY GAVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS..... AND THE SCHOOL HAS SHOWN IT WILL PROVIDE AN ENVIRONMENT FOR THE BLACK ATHLETE TO SUCCEED. That is huge to him.

I really don't think money is the real motivator here. He gets his brand and he gets control by staying here. He has all of that NOW!!!. There has to be a special opportunity available for him to leave. Unless something really uncomfortable comes up- like a clash of personality when RG leaves, why on earth would he leave if he has 100% control of everything football and school related to his team? A school would literally have to break their apparel contract to give Coach Prime what he has here. He isn't leaving unless something out of our control happens.

I am not saying he stays forever, but he is here for at least the time his daughter is in school (4 years). If we haven't WON the College Football Playoff by then, maybe THAT motivates him to stay. If we already won it, then maybe he wants to catch Saban. If he won 1 here, then he knows he can win 8.

WE ALREADY GAVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS..... AND THE SCHOOL HAS SHOWN IT WILL PROVIDE AN ENVIRONMENT FOR THE BLACK ATHLETE TO SUCCEED. That is huge to him.
Pretty sure Prime will pick the new AD when RG retires

Pretty sure Prime will pick the new AD when RG retires
I am sure that you are correct. However, I have yet to envision a scenario where he leaves unless he is wildly successful before his daughter graduates. I needed to find some remote possibility that he would leave.... like hating the new AD when RG retires.

If Prime leaves anytime soon, it was for a reason that is out of CU's control.

IMG_0095.jpeg
(For you young’uns, that was a cringeworthy phrase Coach McCartney used to use back in the day. 😂)

Last edited:
Did you see the new commercial for CU as a University during the game? Everything was “Prime”. Prime location, Prime research, Prime campus, Prime academics, Prime faculty, etc. No mention of athletics until the end when they had a shot of Coach Prime at the Spring Game.

The University is fully behind him and fully leveraging the eyeballs he has brought. It’s this kind of thing why I think he’s here for the long haul. CU as an institution has checked its ego and unabashedly allowed him to be himself and more than just a football coach, IMO
They need to leverage Prime to triple the AA, Hispanic, Native American enrollment. Boulder Libs may talk the talk but it frankly isn’t a friendly place to minorities.

it frankly isn’t a friendly place to minorities.
In what way? Meaning, not purely a numbers stat, since that largely just reflects the local population (and CU is pretty dang close to the overall state population in terms of its racial breakdown). I haven't been on campus in a decade, so just wondering in what ways Boulder isn't friendly to minorities.

It’s going to be interesting watching some of the SEC schools wrestle with their rabid desire to win vs some of the BS “concerns” that we know a lot will have. Florida already has a 5hread demanding they can Napier and hire Prime.

It’s going to be interesting watching some of the SEC schools wrestle with their rabid desire to win vs some of the BS “concerns” that we know a lot will have. Florida already has a 5hread demanding they can Napier and hire Prime.
I got news for UF boosters...

He ain't comin.

the hype machine is in full hyperdrive and i love how much it is pissing off our enemies.

we have a really great shot to start the season 3-0 and this will be pure insanity if it happens. oregon and the ****ing trojans are the prove it games. win one of those and this team is going to be THE story line the whole season.

the promotional side of this has exceeded all of my expectations by about a zillion eyeballs.

this is ****ing insane. keep it rolling on the field and we will be recruiting like bama sooner rather than later.

Just saw these…

the hype machine is in full hyperdrive and i love how much it is pissing off our enemies.

we have a really great shot to start the season 3-0 and this will be pure insanity if it happens. oregon and the ****ing trojans are the prove it games. win one of those and this team is going to be THE story line the whole season.

the promotional side of this has exceeded all of my expectations by about a zillion eyeballs.

this is ****ing insane. keep it rolling on the field and we will be recruiting like bama sooner rather than later.
We have Prime, if we do as well as Bama or Georgia on the field, who do you think a 18-22 yr old athlete is going to choose?

I wonder how the B1G HQ is holding up this morning after this weekend? “We took on Ducks and Dawgs at a discount, and let the hottest brand in college football (that is still rising?!) go to the BigXII?! Track CU hard to make sure the SEC isn’t planning on backing up a 53’ dry van filled with bags of cash…”

Just saw these…

I have a shades addiction, so I ordered these, the black P21ME’s and another pair with the 40% off sale. Still less expensive than the last pair of sunglasses I bought over 2 years ago…

Back