What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Larry Scott, we have a problem...

Sykobuff

I don't know if you were watching but a prime time game between washington and stanford, fighting for first place was not seen until the start of the 2nd quarter due to......

TRUCK RACING?

Pull your head out and fight for this conference, that was ****ing embarrassing.

I didn’t even know this game was on until almost halftime. Not great to have one of your conference’s marquee games as an afterthought on Friday night.

I don't know if you were watching but a prime time game between washington and stanford, fighting for first place was not seen until the start of the 2nd quarter due to......

TRUCK RACING?

Pull your head out and fight for this conference, that was ****ing embarrassing.
That happened last week, too. I was trying to watch the Pac-12 game and there were people driving trucks in circles. I checked back and they were still circling. Checked back again and they were finally done circling, but FS1 talking heads were conducting interviews with drivers about how well they circled and how likely they were going to qualify for some upcoming event that would determine whose truck goes in circles the fastest this year. At least a half hour of the football game got pre-empted for this.

I'm cool with the Friday prime time thing. But you have to have a broadcast partner that promotes and features the game.

I'm cool with the Friday prime time thing. But you have to have a broadcast partner that promotes and features the game.
They need to make it more of a prime time event for the entire country. Starting a game at 9pm CT doesn’t do anything, especially when the only other game on was Temple vs Cincinnati.

But, but, it’s Friday night prime time! The Pac 12 owns that time slot!

I think it is fine to play on Friday night, but stop putting really good games on Friday night. Why in the hell would the conference schedule USC-Wazzu and Stanford-Washington on Friday night?

Weird thing was that when you flipped to the channel, the description SAID it was Stanford vs. Washington, but the picture was truck racing. To be fair, there was a crash. Can't remember if it was the racing or the game, but there was definitely a big crash.

National broadcasts are contractually obligated to finish the event they are currently broadcasting. This isn’t a preference or a “nobody cares about the P12” issue.

They need to make it more of a prime time event for the entire country. Starting a game at 9pm CT doesn’t do anything, especially when the only other game on was Temple vs Cincinnati.
Not sure how you go earlier than 7pm PT when you're a west coast matchup and playing after a work day for your fans.

Prime time in ET goes from 8pm-11pm. In CT, it's the same block of time for live events from 7pm-10pm. So that game time catches the last hour of prime time in those markets while catching 2 hours in MT and 2+ in PT (the + is on the assumption that no college game ever finishes in 3 hours).

It's the perfect kickoff time for this. Are you suggesting that the Pac-12 screw its core fans in hopes that they get some more people from east of the Mississippi to watch?

Not sure how you go earlier than 7pm PT when you're a west coast matchup and playing after a work day for your fans.

Prime time in ET goes from 8pm-11pm. In CT, it's the same block of time for live events from 7pm-10pm. So that game time catches the last hour of prime time in those markets while catching 2 hours in MT and 2+ in PT (the + is on the assumption that no college game ever finishes in 3 hours).

It's the perfect kickoff time for this. Are you suggesting that the Pac-12 screw its core fans in hopes that they get some more people from east of the Mississippi to watch?

You are not putting a game on Friday night to cater to Pac-12 fans.

You are not putting a game on Friday night to cater to Pac-12 fans.
So totally screw them over? Put it on at 4pm PT so that our huge following in the east can see our teams playing in an empty stadium?

National broadcasts are contractually obligated to finish the event they are currently broadcasting. This isn’t a preference or a “nobody cares about the P12” issue.
Then they need to allow for extra buffer time if trucks going in circles goes long

So totally screw them over? Put it on at 4pm PT so that our huge following in the east can see our teams playing in an empty stadium?
Even an hour earlier (6pm PT) makes a difference, but I think 5pm PT is ideal. It’s once a year for those fan bases where they can get off work a little early on Friday. Or not, and the Pac can continue it’s slide into irrelevancy.

No, I think going a little earlier than 7:30PT would be good though. Most of the point of a Friday night game IS to highlight the conference to the rest of the country.
They should start the broadcast at 6:00 with a lead-in show to the CFB weekend that also hypes that night's game at a 7:00 kickoff.

If the tv partner was committed, that's what we'd get.

They should start the broadcast at 6:00 with a lead-in show to the CFB weekend that also hypes that night's game at a 7:00 kickoff.

If the tv partner was committed, that's what we'd get.

I think just a half hour or hour earlier would be ideal.

Thank goodness the second half was entertaining, but it just does not work to put a game of this stature at this time on Friday!
New leadership is always good for organizations, and it is for sure time to have someone new take the PAC 12 in another direction, before we fall farther back! Sadly, one of the best candidates for the PAC 12 Commissioner would be Rick George, and I do not want to lose him! It is time for more conference re-alignment, so would love to hear that Houston has accepted an invitation to join the PAC 12 in 2019, and then I want to hear about Oklahoma State and Texas Tech in 2020, and maybe at the very end UNLV 2021 once they get the new stadium and a better coach! If not UNLV, then I would take Kansas State (doubt Snyder can coach to 100)
No matter what, better leadership, better TV Distribution, and more money!

Wonder what the FS1 business case looks like?

Does the P12’s contract with FS1 include a financial payment when not showing the entirety a P12 game due to FS1’s programming choices?

If the game were broadcast in its entirety on P12N, would it have generated as much revenue as what FS1 paid?

Does FS1 make more money from broadcasting monster trucks than left coast college football?

With FS1 not doing P12 fans any favors, maybe its time to start bringing more P12 marquee matchups back to the P12N.

The P12N won’t grow when the marquee matchups belong to other broadcasters. FS1 cares about auto sports and ESPN loves the SEC and B1G ahead of the P12. When it comes to ESPN or FS1, the P12 is more of a hooker than a wife. We’re in it for the money. It would be false to say we’re in that relationship for the respect.

Wonder what the FS1 business case looks like?

Does the P12’s contract with FS1 include a financial payment when not showing the entirety a P12 game due to FS1’s programming choices?

If the game were broadcast in its entirety on P12N, would it have generated as much revenue as what FS1 paid?

Does FS1 make more money from broadcasting monster trucks than left coast college football?

With FS1 not doing P12 fans any favors, maybe its time to start bringing more P12 marquee matchups back to the P12N.

The P12N won’t grow when the marquee matchups belong to other broadcasters. FS1 cares about auto sports and ESPN loves the SEC and B1G ahead of the P12. When it comes to ESPN or FS1, the P12 is more of a hooker than a wife. We’re in it for the money. It would be false to say we’re in that relationship for the respect.

Nobody would watch there, either. This is embarrassing. Scott needs to go. We've got nobody to blame for this but him.

Last edited:
Can I assume that most posters here don't have FS2? Because the game last night started on time on that channel. They even announced it during the truck racing.

Back