What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LaViska Declares for NFL Draft.

Good for him, one of the most exciting CU players I've ever seen. Hope he cashes in and has a long, successful career.

I don't think we'll see another talent quite like him for a long time. Generational talent. Absolute beast. Can play anywhere on the field. Humble and a team player. So fun to watch. Thanks Viska. Go get paid!

Not many players out there who have the talent and ability to be a P5 programs best WR and RB (had he played there). Would have easily been a 1,000+ yard rusher.

Selfishly hate this but what a night it will be for him and his family. He's earned it and deserves it, fan for life.

Congrats Viska!!!

my NFL comparison for Viska may not be popular, but just look at his size and skills and accomplishments, not his life.....

TERRELL OWENS
6’-3” 224 lbs
Pretty freakish guy
I can see the comp, but I feel like TO may have been a slightly crisper route runner, but less tough than Viska after contact.

Agree with the Terrell Owens comparison. If he can stay healthy, just think what it could do for CU recruiting long term.

I can see the comp, but I feel like TO may have been a slightly crisper route runner, but less tough than Viska after contact.
Viska is a tough comparison. Not sure there is truly a WR comp. Julio is about as close as it gets, but he doesn’t have the strength and overall running ability that Viska has. Truly believe he could easily be an NFL RB if he wanted.

Viska is a tough comparison. Not sure there is truly a WR comp. Julio is about as close as it gets, but he doesn’t have the strength and overall running ability that Viska has. Truly believe he could easily be an NFL RB if he wanted.
I agree that the comp is difficult, which is awesome for Viska. That’s why I want him to go someplace with an innovative playcaller and awesome QB. As a lifelong diehard Broncos fan, I hate to say this, but Kansas City may be the team I’d like to see Viska on the most.

So what's your favorite Viska memory?

Mine has to be the CSU game where he caught the short screen then hit the turbo and burned everyone for a long touchdown. That's when I knew he had "it."
The truck stick against Stanford might be mine.
You two said my favorites, so I'll go with the touchdown catch this season he grabbed right out of the Washington defender's arms.

By the way, if you haven't watched his draft video the official CU Buffs YouTube account put together, it's really damn good. Props to whoever put that together.

The truck stick against Stanford might be mine.
I have been going to CU games for many years, including Orange Bowls, Miracle in Michigan, and many others, and after watching that in person and on replay, I think that may be my favorite individual play by a Buff ever.

Stanford knew what was coming, that LB did everything exactly right, and Viska just destroyed him and essentially won the game. The fact that he was obviously hurting adds to it, and, in an odd way, so does the fact that it was basically a meaningless game. He sold out completely for CU, every play, no matter what. So glad to have had him here.

Last edited:
Any number of 3rd and short plays where he carried/pushed through 3+ guys to get the 1st/TD. No other WR has his freakish leg strength.

The Athletic has him at #26 to Buffalo:
" With durability questions and average speed, Shenault might fall out of the top 25, but his size, power and instincts with the ball in his hands would be a great addition in Buffalo"

"Average speed" . . . . WTF.

I typically don't care about the combine, but I'm more than intrigued with Viska's performance. He's freakish. I hope he lands on my dynasty team!

Back