What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LAVISKA SHENAULT IS A BAD BAD BAD MAN

Great story. From what I am hearing, Viska is 50/50. I don't want to say what the injury is for game planning of purposes, but the good news is that if he isn't back this week he will be back against Oregon.
I hope they limit him this week (if he even plays at all), so as to no reaggrevate his injury. These things can linger around for a while if he pushes back too soon.

I hope they limit him this week (if he even plays at all), so as to no reaggrevate his injury. These things can linger around for a while if he pushes back too soon.
What things? Do we even know what the issue is? I find the great mystery surrounding his injury kind of strange. They’re cool with releasing specific info on literally everybody else, including the second best player on the team (Mustafa), but they won’t say a word about Viskas.

What things? Do we even know what the issue is? I find the great mystery surrounding his injury kind of strange. They’re cool with releasing specific info on literally everybody else, including the second best player on the team (Mustafa), but they won’t say a word about Viskas.
Vegas will get this fixed. Standardized injury reports coming soon.

They have their own reasons for not disclosing it, so I won't either.

?? This seems very unlikely considering HIIPAA.
How do pros handle it? They even post in-game reports on the big screen.

If concerned about HIPPA, how are current disclosures on Mustafa and Miller not violations.

I don’t understand.

Great story. From what I am hearing, Viska is 50/50. I don't want to say what the injury is for game planning of purposes, but the good news is that if he isn't back this week he will be back against Oregon.

Hot diggity damn. Glad to hear it.

If concerned about HIPPA, how are current disclosures on Mustafa and Miller not violations.

I don’t understand.

Mustafa and Miller's injuries were pretty obvious from the broadcast. No one knows with Viska. We've heard shoulder, mid-section/ribs/abdomen, and toe. Could be any, all, or none of the above.

I don’t understand.
They all gave consent to release injury information. To me, the team is purposely withholding the specifics on Viska.

kinda feeln robbed not getting to see Viska play more. Been here 3 seasons and we have seen him in about 7/8 games. I want him to get healthy and stay healthy, would love for him to come back next season for unfinished business.

I think it's interesting that for Mustafa they identify the exact play, but for Viska they just identify the series.

Lots of signs pointing to this being an injury that could be targeted by other players if they knew what it was.
Of course, they know where you're hurt, damn straight they'll target that.

Did Mustafa and Miller waive their rights?

I have no idea. Coach Tucker seems to prefer the Belichick approach to injuries, and I'm fine with that. After the ASU game, Miller's injury was to his sternum, now it's apparently moved to his knee.

Luke has really grown in his role as Allbuff’s color commentator

Now, I hear his posts in a John Madden voice.

“Of course, if, if they know, ya know, where you hurt, they’re, damn straight, they’re gonna target that injury right there. That’s why they call it an injury, because the player feels a little extra zinger if he, you know if, if he gets hit right on that spot. “

I have no idea. Coach Tucker seems to prefer the Belichick approach to injuries, and I'm fine with that. After the ASU game, Miller's injury was to his sternum, now it's apparently moved to his knee.
Just like hockey playoff injury reports. Upper body injury, ignore the limp!

I think it’s weird when they released the specifics of other players
None of the other players dictate a game plan nearly as much as Viska. Why wouldn't the staff keep it in limbo so that UA has to game plan for if Viska is in vs. if he's out (much like we've had to do with Tate)? The specifics of the injury being withheld also make it that much more challenging for UA.

It might be a more private, personal area type injury, with pain tolerance being the limiting factor.

Thinking more testicular contusion, wouldn't be surprised if he took a knee to the groin severe enough that it caused him problems.
I think we would have seen evidence of this on the field / sideline. I got a bruised dick once...

Back