What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LAVISKA SHENAULT IS A BAD BAD BAD MAN

I'm looking forward to his breakout game this season
We all do. Two things. He'll probably get bracket coverage, for the most part. Two, can our QB, or QB's, get him the ball? I don't have too much confidence Montez can recognize much pre-snap, so help him out. Use motion, move Viska around on the field to get good matchups, or whatever. See if they will tip their hand any. I don't need to put protection or being good on the ground, that's a given.

This offense is in a place where they need to run the ball and force feed Viska to have a chance. Screens, quick routes, wildcat, end around, and when things look right, deep shots. He’s not only the best WR on the team, but he’s the best RB on the team. Bowl hopes rest squarely on his ability to dominate in a game they aren’t supposed to win like tomorrow night.

if ever there were a game where we need Viska to unleash his superpowers, it is tonight.

if montez dials in and viska goes off, we have a puncher's chance: something more than 0% but not statistically probable.

if ever there were a game where we need Viska to unleash his superpowers, it is tonight.

if montez dials in and viska goes off, we have a puncher's chance: something more than 0% but not statistically probable.
SC's secondary is so wiped out that our WR should get a few broken plays to get open. Hope Montez sees them.

I respect the offensive philosophy change that Johnson and Tucker have brought here. The playcalling is far better than Chev last year and I think this needs to be the offense moving forward, but I do think they need to take a page from Chev last year and just give Viska the ball as much as possible. There is no reason to manage his workload anymore.

I respect the offensive philosophy change that Johnson and Tucker have brought here. The playcalling is far better than Chev last year and I think this needs to be the offense moving forward, but I do think they need to take a page from Chev last year and just give Viska the ball as much as possible. There is no reason to manage his workload anymore.
at this point over working him is good for everyone. Assuming he is healthy.

This offense is in a place where they need to run the ball and force feed Viska to have a chance. Screens, quick routes, wildcat, end around, and when things look right, deep shots. He’s not only the best WR on the team, but he’s the best RB on the team. Bowl hopes rest squarely on his ability to dominate in a game they aren’t supposed to win like tomorrow night.
Hope our receivers are ready to block, it can turn a quick screen for a few yards, into a big play, quickly, with Viska. At least, that play is right in Montez's wheelhouse.

Unfortunately he likely won't get the chance

giphy.gif

You likely saw Howell’s tweet.

37 touches. 27 for FD or TD.

From the DP

"My guess is that he might be smart coming back,” Dan Shonka, the former Philadelphia Eagles and Kansas City Chiefs scout and general manager with the Ourlads.com scouting service, said of the CU Buffs’ junior receiver.

"Every team is different. But if (an NFL) general manager is in fear of his job, he’ll probably pass on him. And this is not a great year for Shenault to have a problem, because there’s tons of receivers out there, so he’s going to drop, anyway.”

From the DP

"My guess is that he might be smart coming back,” Dan Shonka, the former Philadelphia Eagles and Kansas City Chiefs scout and general manager with the Ourlads.com scouting service, said of the CU Buffs’ junior receiver.

"Every team is different. But if (an NFL) general manager is in fear of his job, he’ll probably pass on him. And this is not a great year for Shenault to have a problem, because there’s tons of receivers out there, so he’s going to drop, anyway.”
It’s what I’ve been saying for a while. He’s a first round talent no doubt, but this is the deepest predraft WR Class in years and last night was really his only “wow” game. Add in his injury history and I could easily see him being a DK Metcalf situation.

I think it would be crazy for him to come back, given how he's been getting hurt. You have a window to get that money and some security for your future. If he decides he has unfinished business at CU, of course, we'd support him. I don't see him doing that, though. I don't know where he is with his degree, he can get that later on.

I primarily want Viska to get drafted high and get the most money he can immediately. However, it doesnt' seem like he's going to be a top 10 pick anymore, and maybe not even the first round. My secondary want therefore is that he's available in the second round when the Broncos come up.

I primarily want Viska to get drafted high and get the most money he can immediately. However, it doesnt' seem like he's going to be a top 10 pick anymore, and maybe not even the first round. My secondary want therefore is that he's available in the second round when the Broncos come up.
My primary want is for Viska to play for the Buffs next year.

Meh. Even if he is set for the 2nd round he is gone
Would surprise me if he made it to the 2nd. He's going to look like the finest specimen at the Combine on the weights and in the drills, and with the tape of him healthy (or freaking 80% last night) will cause some GM to fall in love with him. The injury stuff might scare off a few, but not all 32.

My primary want is for Viska to play for the Buffs next year.

hmm, well, different philosophies I guess. With college being a free minor league for the NFL and players currently not getting paid, I personally would encourage Viska to get his money if it seems like a sure thing. Even if he his career doesn't blossom as we all want, he should still have several mill as a top-2 round draft pick. That's a great boost in life. If he feels conflicted, because he wants to contribute more to the football team, then he can donate money. I'd rather him and his family get some financial security than him play for us next season.

If he were to be rated a 4-6th rounder, sure, I'd want him to come back next season and boost that stock. But...he's not, and others just need to step up next season, if they can't completely fill his shoes.

hmm, well, different philosophies I guess. With college being a free minor league for the NFL and players currently not getting paid, I personally would encourage Viska to get his money if it seems like a sure thing. Even if he his career doesn't blossom as we all want, he should still have several mill as a top-2 round draft pick. That's a great boost in life. If he feels conflicted, because he wants to contribute more to the football team, then he can donate money. I'd rather him and his family get some financial security than him play for us next season.

If he were to be rated a 4-6th rounder, sure, I'd want him to come back next season and boost that stock. But...he's not, and others just need to step up next season, if they can't completely fill his shoes.
Of course I’d like to see him get paid and rep the Buffs in the league, but I guess I’m thinking as a fan of the University of Colorado first, not a Shenault family member/friend.

Back