What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lazar Nikolic has left the program

I liked his POTENTIAL as a 6'7' guard/wing who could play multiple positions, maybe never excelling in any but solid, if his shooting improved. Truthfully it may work out best for him and team though since significant minutes may have been harder to come by next year. (competing for time with Kin, Namon, Gatling, Brown, Schwartz, and newbies PArquet, Kountz).
Good luck to Lazar who seemed to be a good guy on/off the court, hopefully a win-win for him and the Buffs).

Good luck to the kid. Nothing against him, but I'll take Gatling. Gatling is going to be key for us, and I'm not sure if Lazar would have done much.

Was this precipitated by anything other than his desire to return home and play pro ball in Europe?

Was this precipitated by anything other than his desire to return home and play pro ball in Europe?
Would appear not. Tad is quoted as saying he's disappointed and that Laz had a difficult decision as he liked his teammates and everyone liked him a lot.

Reactions: DBT
I'll miss him. If he had fixed his shot, he'd have become a dangerous weapon. He has some gumption.
Agreed. He played 3 or 4 role on the team this past season. With some upper body strength and a bit better shooting he would have been a key part of the team. I figured he was on a positive trajectory and he would be more valuable that Strating.

I wish him well. Sounds like his game may be better suited to European ball. All sounds like his idea, except the one paragraph:

"To make room on the roster for newly-signed junior college guard Shane Gatling, freshman Lazar Nikolic will be leaving coach Tad Boyle's program to pursue professional opportunities in Europe."

Hopefully just bad writing.

It'd have been nice to have gotten one more year out of Nikolic after having the summer to improve after getting playing time.

Nikolic, IMHO, could have been a key off the bench this season at both the 3 and 2. Additionally, he could have filled in at the 1 and 4 in a pinch. It would have been interesting to see how much he improved with a summer in the weight room and the time to get his perimeter shot figured out.

Rarely does a 20 year old figure out his outside shot. Slight improvement was probably a more realistic hope . By that age you are a shooter or you are not. In my experience.

Back