What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leavitt to Oregon

Can we stop comparing this move to us leaving our pencil pushing gigs for another one that pays twice as much?

Diminishing returns. $75k to $150k makes a heck of a lot more difference than $800k to $1.5M (ignoring the other income streams).
Wut

I'm honestly not mad at the guy. He was a huge part of bringing this program back to relevance and we should be thankful for his services. We knew he wasn't long for CU, yet so many act like this is such a shock. Would have been nice to have him around for one more year as we transition to some younger guys on D, but I am confident that Mac and RG will work to find a very suitable replacement. Thanks for a great defense to watch and being part of one hell of a season, Jim.

I'm honestly not mad at the guy. He was a huge part of bringing this program back to relevance and we should be thankful for his services. We knew he wasn't long for CU, yet so many act like this is such a shock. Would have been nice to have him around for one more year as we transition to some younger guys on D, but I am confident that Mac and RG will work to find a very suitable replacement. Thanks for a great defense to watch and being part of one hell of a season, Jim.
Do you think he will read this thread?

Leavitts remarks at the Broyles award presentation focused quite a bit on money, even oddly mentioning some exact numbers of past jobs and stuff. He didn't mention HCMM. His remarks:

"You gotta understand one thing, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart. I don't know any coaches who get into this for the money... They coach for the love of the game and passion... I've seen programs crash and burn because guys have egos and aren't looking out for the team"

I mean for ****s sake I understand looking out for yourself and your family and making the smart personal decision, but when you say things like this immediately before taking the money and running you lose my respect. What a phony.

It's always about the money.

Except when it's about the money.

Reactions: SBG
now having calmed down a bit.....this isnt the end of the world...will miss his sideline energy but its not like we cant hire another quality dc ...wheather we promote from within or go to the outside mm will figure it out....im sure he saw this coming

This move has ZERO to do with money. This was 100% about HCMM pushing him out due to differences! I personally feel CU just lost the second most important coach in the history of CU football and is left with MM!!!
Did JL, by the way, thank MM on his way out? No, he thanked CU, players, alumni and Boulder.
While not a popular comment on this site, I have never thought of MM as a great coach, rather a good leader of a program. I was excited to get JL the day he was hired and enjoyed what he brought the players, the team and the community. I now go from belief to hope, in hoping this program can excel but have serious doubts. This is a sad day in Buff History!

now having calmed down a bit.....this isnt the end of the world...will miss his sideline energy but its not like we cant hire another quality dc ...wheather we promote from within or go to the outside mm will figure it out....im sure he saw this coming

Yes, yes, but wouldn't it have been better to have a few more good years before this? I'm concerned about momentum and recruiting..

At his age he might as well reach for the piggy bank. May not be many more opportunities to get paid big.

That said ..... whoregon? Really?!?!?!?!?!

Com'on, MFJL. It's mfwhoregon, for cryin' out loud.

This move has ZERO to do with money. This was 100% about HCMM pushing him out due to differences! I personally feel CU just lost the second most important coach in the history of CU football and is left with MM!!!
Did JL, by the way, thank MM on his way out? No, he thanked CU, players, alumni and Boulder.
While not a popular comment on this site, I have never thought of MM as a great coach, rather a good leader of a program. I was excited to get JL the day he was hired and enjoyed what he brought the players, the team and the community. I now go from belief to hope, in hoping this program can excel but have serious doubts. This is a sad day in Buff History!
Oh **** you

Yes Oregon, or Phil Knight, offering him $1.2M had nothing to do with it. GTFO

Oh **** you
Somebody is a bit angry this evening.

tumblr_mqr595XfQw1rs96n4o1_400.gif

Can we stop comparing this move to us leaving our pencil pushing gigs for another one that pays twice as much?

Diminishing returns. $75k to $150k makes a heck of a lot more difference than $800k to $1.5M (ignoring the other income streams).

clearly you have no experience with the subject at hand.

I posted in a game day thread after another impressive defensive performance, knowing that we'd lose Leavitt, that whatever team that hired him would have a new fan. I stand corrected. Oregon, really? Come on Coach, weak sauce.

I posted in a game day thread after another impressive defensive performance, knowing that we'd lose Leavitt, that whatever team that hired him would have a new fan. I stand corrected. Oregon, really? Come on Coach, weak sauce.

I wonder if he went to nebraska or csu if folks would be so generous of his leaving.

Adam just reported it, he's making 440K more annually than any other P12 assistant. .

its also about acknowledgment and respect - he rebuilt CU he's the highest paid DC in the Pac-12 he's paid more than 50% of HC that signifies he is a beast and it has been recognized both in awards and comp. It makes it easier for him to jump to an HC job in 2 years if he pulls off the same feat at Oregon.

Like Nik said its not about the money... but really its about the money and what the money means.

SEC head coach in 3 years if he pulls off the same D turnaround at Oregon.

Total BS and untrue. Leavitt owes Mac big time. Leavitt is/was damaged goods. Ask anyone outside of Colorado fans and the first thing they think of when discussing Leavitt is him slapping around a player. Mac took a chance and it allowed Leavitt to rebuild his rep.

Leavitt would not be making 1.2 million a year with out Mac period.

Total BS and untrue. Leavitt owes Mac big time. Leavitt is/was damaged goods. Ask anyone outside of Colorado fans and the first thing they think of when discussing Leavitt is him slapping around a player. Mac took a chance and it allowed Leavitt to rebuild his rep.

that is a previously banned users sock account that has a massive ax to grind

True, but mac might not be coach if it wasn't for his defense.

And MM would not have a winning season at CU if not for JL!

Regarding truth: JL did not mention MM, that is fact.

You may not like what I am saying, you don't have to agree with it. I don't subscribe to the next man up BS on this one, CU lost the best in the business. I am sure, over time, CU will find a decent DC, be it the next guy or three DC's from now. But today is a bad day for CU football and damage control mode begins - hoping the recruits sign!

And MM would not have a winning season at CU if not for JL!

Regarding truth: JL did not mention MM, that is fact.

You may not like what I am saying, you don't have to agree with it. I don't subscribe to the next man up BS on this one, CU lost the best in the business. I am sure, over time, CU will find a decent DC, be it the next guy or three DC's from now. But today is a bad day for CU football and damage control mode begins - hoping the recruits sign!
Please stop making things up.

Back