What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Les Miles - Former HC OSU/LSU/Kansas

Your big donors are not young and hip. It’s the demographic that decided Lady Gaga was a good artist because she did The Voice and then cut a duet album with Tony Bennett.

CU’s relationship with big donors could use help. The largest single donation to CUAD as far as I know is that $5M gift from Bruce Benson.

The big Solich gift didn’t materialize to my knowledge.

If bringing Miles in means that a big cigar starts pumping incremental money into the program, or the ranks of the National Buff Club cabinet swell, then it seems academic.

Booster support should allign with succes on the field. The short term splash in YR1 doesn’t do much if Miles doesn’t deliver wins. UT has proven year after year that donors don’t buy championships.

The question is when Miles can be expected to beat USC and have better than a 25% chance of winning conference road games.

ESPN is still relevant. Turn on Game Day Saturday mornings.

While Game Day is the one ESPN’s premier programs, it’s viewship has fallen below 2M and is stagnant. The P12 doesn’t get ESPN’s royal treatment, either, due to the importance of the expensive and lucrative SEC contract.

CU needs to be discussed nationally again. Miles' legitimacy definitely helps that. If you get a big name who has won a national championship, you hype it, market it, and get on sports channels.

Kids definitely still watch ESPN as do adults and donors. http://www.nationalmediaspots.com/network-demographics/ESPN.pdf

Others have better scouting opinions about the coaching search than I do, but I think Miles would be solid. I'd bet a lot of others on the board are more concerned about botching the hire than picking nits about whether Miles vs. Lake vs. <fill-in-a-top-candidate> is the grand slam guy.

Median age: 48
Over 70% of ESPN viewers are over 35. The question isn’t whether kids watch. They do. But the link you provide shows that for every youngster tuning in, there are 3 old farts.

I’d expect short term marketing for Miles to be something like what ASU gets with Herm Edwards.

For the Miles hype to pay dividends, he’s gotta not only show up, but hire assistants, elevate recruiting, coach, and win.

The issue with retreads is that sometimes the best mileage is in the rear view mirror.

Miles comes with risk. If he’s hired, I’ll support him. But history has shown that drawing on Bill McCartney’s coaching tree doesn’t guarantee sustainable success.

I’m more enamored with the prospect of Lake or a P5 OC who is ready to take the leap.

If Les is in at ku. Good for him. He is not the last coach out there. Maybe RG really hasn't made a decision about HCMM? Just maybe he is going to let the season play out then evaluate?

Starting to look as if RG is waiting to see what happens next two games. I can tell him right now what's going to happen.

CU’s relationship with big donors could use help. The largest single donation to CUAD as far as I know is that $5M gift from Bruce Benson.

The big Solich gift didn’t materialize to my knowledge.

If bringing Miles in means that a big cigar starts pumping incremental money into the program, or the ranks of the National Buff Club cabinet swell, then it seems academic.

Booster support should allign with succes on the field. The short term splash in YR1 doesn’t do much if Miles doesn’t deliver wins. UT has proven year after year that donors don’t buy championships.

The question is when Miles can be expected to beat USC and have better than a 25% chance of winning conference road games.

While Game Day is the one ESPN’s premier programs, it’s viewship has fallen below 2M and is stagnant. The P12 doesn’t get ESPN’s royal treatment, either, due to the importance of the expensive and lucrative SEC contract.

Median age: 48
Over 70% of ESPN viewers are over 35. The question isn’t whether kids watch. They do. But the link you provide shows that for every youngster tuning in, there are 3 old farts.

I’d expect short term marketing for Miles to be something like what ASU gets with Herm Edwards.

For the Miles hype to pay dividends, he’s gotta not only show up, but hire assistants, elevate recruiting, coach, and win.

The issue with retreads is that sometimes the best mileage is in the rear view mirror.

Miles comes with risk. If he’s hired, I’ll support him. But history has shown that drawing on Bill McCartney’s coaching tree doesn’t guarantee sustainable success.

I’m more enamored with the prospect of Lake or a P5 OC who is ready to take the leap.
Nice post...if it were on a KU board. It looks like Leslie is going to KU.

Can we send Kansas this guy instead

les-shapiro.jpg

Sure, cu will lose their last two games.
Seriously, just don't see it being miles. He may be gone by the time RG gets around to firing MM.
If the word on the street is taken seriously, Leslie Miles will rock, chalk, jayhawking shortly.

RG is going to wait until the end of the season. It cost him a shot at LM. Maybe that isn't a big deal. Maybe he has a plan, maybe he doesn't.

8e66f491f8358f7693e338cde6c7ed67--cessna-photos.jpg

N414KU. Cessna Citation CJ4

“an important business tool used for donor relations, athletics recruitment, and outreach initiatives by the KU Medical Center.”

“KU Athletics accounted for nearly half of the trips and about 62 percent of the flight hours. The KU Medical Center accounted for 16 to 27 percent of the plane’s utilization, depending on which measure is used, while the chancellor’s office accounted for about 10 to 15 percent.”

Scottsdale to Lawrence lands in 45 min. Who steps out of the plane might give a clue what's up.
If Miles isn't a Jayhawk then I'll be 1000% surprised.

If the word on the street is taken seriously, Leslie Miles will rock, chalk, jayhawking shortly.

RG is going to wait until the end of the season. It cost him a shot at LM. Maybe that isn't a big deal. Maybe he has a plan, maybe he doesn't.

Cu needs a name coach, no more mwc/wac types. Also need legit recruiters but it's cu so expectations must be lowered.

Dammit. I really wanted Les to coach the Buffs. Hope Lake will consider us.
I would not interpret that ESPN article to confirm LM is taking the Kansas job. He is clearly taking A coaching job but no guarantee it is Kansas and no-one knows what is going on behind the scenes (RG could have already reached out to him saying its not been made official but we will be looking for a new coach in a few weeks and you are way up there on our list. If I were LM I would use the news of Kansas and the buyout from LSU to stir up other options b-c who the f**k wants to coach at that ****hole of a school for football? LM seems surely will have better options CU included.

He wasn't going to get it anyway because it would have offset against his new salary. This just shows that he's going to take a job very soon.
Yeah, he actually makes more money in this scenario - that $1.5M would have been offset against his new contract but now he gets it on top of his new contract. Smart move.

god y'all are a bunch of soft ****s.. jesus christ
Don't you think Miles is KU bound ?
I think many here had this hope he was going to be a Buff. Right now there's lots of disappointment that CU may have been beat by lowly Kansas with
nothing else to hang onto at this time.

I think many here had this hope he was going to be a Buff. Right now there's lots of disappointment that CU may have been beat by lowly Kansas with
how about you save your bitching til he's gone, if he's gone at all... after that **** you posted the other day... you've lost talking privileges for this week...

There's plenty of qualified coaches out there other than miles. I'd like to see him at CU but people ( not saying you) with this miles or doom outlook is ridiculous.

Back