What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

let us reminisce on DJ eliot's qualifications to earn 700K at CU

buffs04

Demoted at Kentucky for being a pile of garbage. Given a giant raise and promotion by Macintyre to replace elite DC JL.

While we're at it, let's reminisce on our current OCs track record here.

The entire first half of the season against CSU, northern Texas, and whatever other minor league team we underperformed against in ooc? lol just lol.

I ****ing hope this day serves to prove why you do WHATEVER you can to match an offer for a DC. Eliot should be responsible for washing every players' jock after that display. **** him!

Anyone notice that Kentucky was number one in rush defense in the SEC going into their game against Missouri? Apparently kicking by Eliot to the curb equates to instant improvement.

I ****ing hope this day serves to prove why you do WHATEVER you can to match an offer for a DC. Eliot should be responsible for washing every players' jock after that display. **** him!

A more simple approach would be to simply not pay $700K/year guaranteed for 3 years (which we couldn't even do until very recently lol) to a guy who got ****canned by a toilet program.

We can leave great hiring to the other programs, or even mediocre hiring. Let's start by not making 1 percentile hires, and instead aim for 10 percentile or even 25 percentile hires. Just not the worst.

Eliot was at best a questionable hire. There is no question now. Bad hire. Lackluster gameplan and effort (obviously), but zero adjustment to slow the QB. Embarrassing.

I heard that oscar the grouch just got demoted from his position as offensive coordinator for the sesame street intramural squad back to trashcan manager. Maybe MM can give him a 1.2 million per year 5 year contract when co-OC DC leaves for greener pastures.

And then hire a great wr coach...great recruiter....and split the OC duties with a WAC coach....gotta think Chiv has his resume out there....MM is a DUD recruiter....

We have so many "projects" playing in positions across the whole roster. It was exposed last night. Proud of the offense to keep fighting back and making it a winnable game. The D just could not RISE up and make a key stop.

I said this last week, if Elliott is our Defensive Coordinator for more than 2 seasons, coach Mac will be an ex Buff's coach.
DJ literarily sucks a fat one. Arizona put up 45 points on this defense!
Sick and tired with this program. One step fwd two steps backward.

Elliot is hardly the first DC Rich Rod has made look bad. The D had been a pleasant surprise up until last night. I understand beng pissed, but its way to early to be hating on Elliot.
Wrong!
UCLA exposed Elliott. The true measure of a D is ability to stop 3rd downs. CU was abysmal in this regard against the Bruins. Had the Buffs been half way decent against 3rd downs in Los Angeles, Colorado wins that game.
It's not early to point out that Elliott sucks.

Wrong!
UCLA exposed Elliott. The true measure of a D is ability to stop 3rd downs. CU was abysmal in this regard against the Bruins. Had the Buffs been half way decent against 3rd downs in Los Angeles, Colorado wins that game.

They held UCLA to 27 points on the road. If the receivers just catch the damn ball in the end zone CU wins. The defense did their part last week, and the same could be said against Washington. They've had one bad game under Eliot, it happens.

We have so many "projects" playing in positions across the whole roster. It was exposed last night. Proud of the offense to keep fighting back and making it a winnable game. The D just could not RISE up and make a key stop.
This x 100.

Obviously if last night becomes a trend, we have a DC issue, but before that the defense was playing quite well. The UCLA game was not on the defense nor was the UW game. Last night was the first time all season the offense actually showed up, unfortunately the defense decided to take the night off.

Wrong!

Um, CU had 4 red zone chances and kicked 3 fg's and ran a dumb fake. The offense lost the ucla game.

Why is the offense even being mentioned in a negative light today? They put up 42 points and only punted 3 times. The difference in the game ended up being Stefanau missing his FG, while AZ made theirs.

Do you seriously think arizona would have not scored on their last posession if they had needed the points?

Never liked the Eliot hire (I did not like the Baer hire either) but MacIntyre's biggest weakness is his hiring of assistants. Tends to go after low hanging fruit.

Jury is still out on Eliot. Even prior to last night, I felt the D had been somewhat lucky to not look worse in prior games. The DBs look fine, front seven has been bad. Talent is sub par, so can't lay that totally on the coordinator that just got here.

The current pipeline of players on the d line is questionable. Do we have anyone at NT? Tuiloma can't get on the field, who else do we have? I guess Sami is coming in off a gray shirt. Tonz moved to become a guard, Roberts should be an offensive lineman too. Zero recruits. Yikes.

Jeffcoat needs to be shown the door.

We are not in the lead for any of our plan A targets. We will need to hit the JUCO market hard for more d line help, and perhaps a left tackle as well.

Why is the offense even being mentioned in a negative light today? They put up 42 points and only punted 3 times. The difference in the game ended up being Stefanau missing his FG, while AZ made theirs.

I don't agree with this, either. Arizona would have scored if they had needed to when they kicked the field goal. The conversation today has to be about the defense. One stop, and this is a happy board today.

You said the difference in the game was a missed fg. I was pointing out that Arizona probably wouldnt have run out the clock had they needed the points.
Fair point. Arizona’s offense was only stopped twice last night. One punt and one turnover. CU’s offense was stopped 3 times (3 punts). So, the difference was that AZ had one last possession and probably would have scored if needed. I’m still struggling to see what that has to do with the offense. They dropped 560 yards and put up 42 points at home. That is probably good enough to win 98% of the time.

I very much hope that MM gets that jeffcoat and a couple others need to move on. Im not a huge MM fan, but we need him to succeed.

Back