What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lets talk Askia

I think this thread is a damn good idea. I do think that we need to talk Askia.

13.7 ppg (third on the team behind Jelly & Spencer)
3.3 apg (second on the team, behind Spencer)
1.3 spg (second on the team, barely behind Spencer)
3.7 rpg (as a midget guard - fourth on the team behind Jelly, Wes and XJ)
81.8% ft shooter (second on team behind Spencer)
30.5 mpg (third behind Jelly and Spencer)
25.8% assist rate (second on team, barely behind Spencer and 181st in the nation)
2.5% steal rating (tied for second on team with JHop behind Spencer and 385th in the nation)
2.3 fouls per 40 minutes (220th in the nation, tied with Jelly for team lead)
481 points this season - tied with Donnie Boyce's 1994-95 season for the 29th best single season in school history
45 steals this season - tied with Toney Ellis (1978-79) for 25th single season in school history
116 assists this season - tied with Donnie Boyce (1993-94) and Jay Humphries (1981-82) for 21st best single season in school history

And those are this season's numbers.

How about career numbers?

1,208 points scored as a Buffalo - #19 in school history, passing Vince Kelly. If he does exactly what he did this year scoring wise, that would put him at 1,689 points - or #7 in CU's all-time scoring list.
236 assists as a Buffalo - #18 in school history, passing Howard Frier. Some of that was because he played the point more this year due to Spencer going down. Next year, Dom will probably get a lot of PG PT, so let's say his numbers find a happy medium between his jr and sophomore years. If so, he'll finish around 325 assists - which will put him at #10 in CU history (and striking distance of #8 & #9).
111 steals as a Buffalo - tied for #11 with Nate Tomlinson. If he does the exact same number as he did this year, he'll finish at #8 in school history - right behind Dre.

Most importantly? Barring something no one wants to see next year, Ski is going to leave campus with the most wins in school history. No one will have won more games than Ski when he leaves Boulder and goes on to the next stage of his career.

I'm glad we're talking Askia. He gets a lot of **** on these boards (and honestly, a portion of that falls on me as last year I focused too much on the "negatives" Ski brought instead of the positives), but I'm glad that we can finally point out the good things that he brings to CU.

His number should be in contention to go to the rafters.
I was thinking that as well.

Depending on how the team does and let's face it, players fairly or unfairly are judged partially on team results, if they have a deep run, it would be hard to deny the best player on this four year stretch a permanent spot in Coors. This isn't exactly UNC, where they are running out of space. (and yes I'm assuming Spencer isn't coming back)

25.8% assist rate (second on team, barely behind Spencer and 181st in the nation)
2.5% steal rating (tied for second on team with JHop behind Spencer and 385th in the nation)
481 points this season - tied with Donnie Boyce's 1994-95 season for the 29th best single season in school history
45 steals this season - tied with Toney Ellis (1978-79) for 25th single season in school history
116 assists this season - tied with Donnie Boyce (1993-94) and Jay Humphries (1981-82) for 21st best single season in school history

1,208 points scored as a Buffalo - #19 in school history, passing Vince Kelly. If he does exactly what he did this year scoring wise, that would put him at 1,689 points - or #7 in CU's all-time scoring list.
236 assists as a Buffalo - #18 in school history, passing Howard Frier. Some of that was because he played the point more this year due to Spencer going down. Next year, Dom will probably get a lot of PG PT, so let's say his numbers find a happy medium between his jr and sophomore years. If so, he'll finish around 325 assists - which will put him at #10 in CU history (and striking distance of #8 & #9).
111 steals as a Buffalo - tied for #11 with Nate Tomlinson. If he does the exact same number as he did this year, he'll finish at #8 in school history - right behind Dre.

Most importantly? Barring something no one wants to see next year, Ski is going to leave campus with the most wins in school history. No one will have won more games than Ski when he leaves Boulder and goes on to the next stage of his career.

I'm glad we're talking Askia. He gets a lot of **** on these boards (and honestly, a portion of that falls on me as last year I focused too much on the "negatives" Ski brought instead of the positives), but I'm glad that we can finally point out the good things that he brings to CU.

Gooseslapped!

Oh yea, and he made that shot against Kansas. Rafters.

I regret I only have one Like to give. Replying with quote just for good measure.

Thank you!

[video=youtube;-Vx506DgoUg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vx506DgoUg[/video]

/thread

Back