What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Linda Lappe has resigned as WBB Head Coach

I just went back and read the roster her freshman year. Got the feels... Shelley Sheetz, DC Thomas, Jamillah Lang, Erin Sholz... GDI, we were good. 27-5, #2 AP near the end of the year.

I am all in for Pebley, experienced, proven winner, program builder, recruiter and an alumni to boot. It would take some serious money and commitment to get her, but I think she can do the job.

Nice research Nik. I too like the growth progression and successes at every stop that she has had in her coaching career. Her first HC stint, at Utah State, was starting a program from scratch. Not an easy task.
Only thing I noticed is that most of her verbals to that strong 2016 recruiting class at TCU are players from Texas. Would she be able to recruit Texas players to Colorado when there isn't the same opportunities to play in front of family and friends? The state of Colorado isn't anywhere close to the state of Texas in the number of good in-state players available.

If Lappe could get Kennedy from Texas, Pebley could get at least that ranking and the expectation would be that she could do even better. The only reservation is following one Ceal disciple with another. Once bitten, twice shy? Or are we in the clear with this one because of the resume?

I am all in for Pebley, experienced, proven winner, program builder, recruiter and an alumni to boot. It would take some serious money and commitment to get her, but I think she can do the job.

I like Pebley. She has a resume. Lappe didn't. What she did at Utah State was very impressive. USA Today followed the first year and then did some follow-up stories on their progress. Every place she has been, has been a step up. She has now spent two seasons in the Big 12, where it is not easy to win.

As Reagan Scott, she was part of some of the Buffs greatest teams. Also played in the WNBA for two seasons.

I've wondered if she would be interested, given what happened to Lappe.

I was impressed with what Johnston did with South Dakota State in the NCAA tourney. Almost got Stanford.

If Lappe could get Kennedy from Texas, Pebley could get at least that ranking and the expectation would be that she could do even better. The only reservation is following one Ceal disciple with another. Once bitten, twice shy? Or are we in the clear with this one because of the resume?
I would say that a resume that includes being a HC at two MWC schools and a Big 12 schools with 4 WNIT appearances and two NCAAT apperances is just slightly different than a resume that includes being an AC at a Missouri Valley school and an HC at an RMAC school, with nary a postseason appearance to show as an HC.

RWAG, There you go again, attacking KL and her family. Why do you have so much hatred towards her? Unfortunately Inspector Clouseau, I am just a true fan of CU basketball and a big fan of KL. Find another hobby and leave the players and their families alone. Time to join the rest and block you.

Last edited:
RWAG, There you go again, attacking KL and her family. Why do you have so much hatred towards her? Unfortunately, Inspector Clouseau I am a just true fan of CU basketball and a big fan of KL. Find another hobby and leave the players and their families alone. Time to join the rest and block you.

Yeah. That post was unfortunate. It started well. When it transitioned into KL, at first it was an opinion that I might disagree with (Rivals ratings only matter until you play in a game -- then players like Spencer and Kennedy prove that they are all-conference level talents). But then it transitioned into personal attack and I'm glad I stopped reading because there was way too much text after that.

But the stuff about Raegan being tough, competitive and having a proved track record of success on the recruiting trail along with a personal observation from back in the day? That part was a good post.

Not a WBB fan but I am a CU fan and at least care about how they are doing. It kills me to see the rammies getting the "glory" right now (even though they play in a sucky conference). So, I sure as hell hope this thing gets turned around and I have every confidence that RG will hit a home run hire.

So many words.

Am I the only one who read the first sentence or two and then scrolled to the bottom?

In other words, I have no idea what RWAG said after the story about playing pick up games against some football players.

Jaime White please of those two options. Jaime has more experience getting her teams to the post season than Payne does.

I'll just leave this over here...

http://whoopdirt.com/colorado-search-update/

Hard to find a spot with all the mess left behind by RWAG in this thread.

Thanks for posting. Nice find. Tad should know Jaime White very well since they were at UNC at the same time. Neither she nor JR Payne are going to cause a storm of excitement, but both have good reps as D1 coaches. I'd prefer White. Her Fresno State squad ended Payne's Santa Clara season in the WNIT last week and the MWC is a bit higher level of basketball than the WCC. Plus some ties to the state, which we need for recruiting.

Thanks for posting. Nice find. Tad should know Jaime White very well since they were at UNC at the same time. Neither she nor JR Payne are going to cause a storm of excitement, but both have good reps as D1 coaches. I'd prefer White. Her Fresno State squad ended Payne's Santa Clara season in the WNIT last week and the MWC is a bit higher level of basketball than the WCC. Plus some ties to the state, which we need for recruiting.

Would be good for the transition I bet as Tad and Lappe had a good relationship as well due to her being hired at the same time.

Jaime White please of those two options. Jaime has more experience getting her teams to the post season than Payne does.

Agree after reading up on both coaches. Saw the tweet from WhoopDirt and went to read up on both coaches. I'm in favor of Jaime.

As an AllBuffs reminder - personal attacks against student athletes will result in warning, post deletions and bans. We do not tolerate them.

Thank you. I'm no longer seeing RWAG's rants, but I can tell he/she went off on Kennedy Leonard again. Apparently her family also and that is so wrong.

At this point I'm not supper fired up about either, but I'll do more research when I get back to the US. What I was wanting was someone who consistently has made the NCAA tourney - and who is a proven recruiter.

Not going to lie, I was hoping for more of a "home run hire" to help build the hype around the team again. But that said, both of these seem like solid choices. Going to put faith in RG on this one.

Apparently her family also and that is so wrong.

One thing that should be noted is if either of these posters is a parent to a member on the team it is a really bad look to run around social media picking fights, pimping your kid, and generally calling out coaches. We had an issue with a poster a which back trying to be sly and calling his kid that "juco guy" while trashing a member of the coaching staff and another player. Parents - its patently obvious, dont do it, as odd as this sounds i am going to say it be like waldo. Be a fan, be your own human and leave your kids and your drama off the board.

Last edited:
One thing that should be noted is if either of these posters is a parent to a member on the team it is a really bad look to run around social media picking fights, pimping your kid, and generally calling out coaches. We had an issue with a poster a which back trying to be sly and calling his kid that "juco guy" while trashing a member of the coaching staff and another player. Parents - its patently obvious, dont do it, as odd as this sounds i am going to say it be like waldo. Be a fan, be your own human and leave your kids and your drama off the board.

Adding onto this:

We know that players, their friends and their family members read Allbuffs and look at other online sites/services where fans are talking about the player/coach/team. I probably wouldn't be able to help myself if I was in that position. But the thing is, there's quite a bit of stuff that's going to piss you off when you do read these things. Fans are passionate (sometimes drunk). We say things out of ignorance/ bad information, the heat of the moment, or just being dumb. Even when correct and reasonable, criticism can still sting.

From what I've seen, the worst thing you can do is engage with fans with this stuff. It's a no-win game. You can't correct the ignorant without breaking confidences. You can't talk reason to an angry drunk. And with the dumb... it is what it is. There are folks who still think Elway was wrong to give up on Tebow and sign Manning. You can't fix stupid.

So my advice is to lay low, pick your spots if you must engage (being positive and using a private message to a mod & letting him post corrections for you is a good approach), and maybe wait until you don't have such a personal connection to get active in these online discussions.

Remember: "fan" is short for "fanatic".

Adding onto this:

We know that players, their friends and their family members read Allbuffs and look at other online sites/services where fans are talking about the player/coach/team. I probably wouldn't be able to help myself if I was in that position. But the thing is, there's quite a bit of stuff that's going to piss you off when you do read these things. Fans are passionate (sometimes drunk). We say things out of ignorance/ bad information, the heat of the moment, or just being dumb. Even when correct and reasonable, criticism can still sting.

From what I've seen, the worst thing you can do is engage with fans with this stuff. It's a no-win game. You can't correct the ignorant without breaking confidences. You can't talk reason to an angry drunk. And with the dumb... it is what it is. There are folks who still think Elway was wrong to give up on Tebow and sign Manning. You can't fix stupid.

So my advice is to lay low, pick your spots if you must engage (being positive and using a private message to a mod & letting him post corrections for you is a good approach), and maybe wait until you don't have such a personal connection to get active in these online discussions.

Remember: "fan" is short for "fanatic".

Amen.

when can I starting pimping my new Sam?
Sam31516.jpg

Not going to lie, I was hoping for more of a "home run hire" to help build the hype around the team again. But that said, both of these seem like solid choices. Going to put faith in RG on this one.

Right there with you, Goose. I don't know where Whoop Dirt gets it's information. I just hope we get a coach who can do the job and turn the program around.

If it's those two names, I'd rather have Jaime White. She and Tad arrived at UNC at the same time or within a year of each other......Before they got there, both programs were among the worst in D1. She can build a program, and I think the fact that she doesn't have Ceal connections might be good. The only drawback to me with her resume is the lack of experience in a major conference.

If it's those two names, I'd rather have Jaime White. She and Tad arrived at UNC at the same time or within a year of each other......Before they got there, both programs were among the worst in D1. She can build a program, and I think the fact that she doesn't have Ceal connections might be good. The only drawback to me with her resume is the lack of experience in a major conference.

Jaime White has a Ceal connection. She used the triangle offense at UNC. Who else teaches the triangle better than Coach Barry? It's the offense that took Coach Lappe to the elite 8.
My biggest concern is that Coach White has no big wins on her resume. She lost to CSU twice this year. They were knocked out in the opening round of the NCAA tournament. Coach Payne's Santa Clara team knocked off Stanford on Stanford's home court this year. They also beat Texas Tech, and LSU the previous year. I can't find a signature win where Coach White proves she can lead CU to the top half of the Pac-12.

Jaime White has a Ceal connection. She used the triangle offense at UNC. Who else teaches the triangle better than Coach Barry? It's the offense that took Coach Lappe to the elite 8.
My biggest concern is that Coach White has no big wins on her resume. She lost to CSU twice this year. They were knocked out in the opening round of the NCAA tournament. Coach Payne's Santa Clara team knocked off Stanford on Stanford's home court this year. They also beat Texas Tech, and LSU the previous year. I can't find a signature win where Coach White proves she can lead CU to the top half of the Pac-12.

Let me rephrase-they aren't there to the extent that they were with Lappe.

Back