What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Long-term plan for CU facilities upgrades

Swimming has two seasons. Long course and short course. Long course uses the 50 meter configuration and starts in January and lasts until early to mid summer. The month of Aug is the off-season. Short course uses the 25M configuration and starts in September and lasts until December.

BTW there are other 50M pools in the state besides DU and AFA. One in Ft Collins (not at csu), one in Grand Junction at Mesa, one in Lakewood, one in Arvada, and one in Thornton I think. There may be others.
I have one in my backyard.

Okay, I’ve been thinking about this and this thread is as good as any.

I attend Avs games, Rockies games, an occasional Nuggets game. The game day experience at Folsom this year has sucked. I sit on an aisle. I am constantly having to get up and let people in or out of our row.

People arrive late. Saturday a couple arrived with 3 minutes left in the first half. It’s frustrating to have people entering or leaving right in the middle of plays. Constantly. Almost every play. Come on people! Get to your seat on time and stay there until there is a break in action!!

🤣

PS: Argus had to remove yet another unruly fan from our section on Saturday. That makes 4 times in 6 games. Maybe this is the downside of a packed stadium and beer.

One idea, if Folsom were ever to be renovated, would be narrower sections. Maybe no more than 30 seats per row.

Last edited:
People arrive late. Saturday a couple arrived with 3 minutes left in the first half. It’s frustrating to have people entering or leaving right in the middle of plays. Constantly. Almost every play. Come on people! Get to your seat on time and stay there until there is a break in action!!
I give people a pass on being late -- all kinds of valid things that might take priority over getting to a game on time. But I'm with you 100% on people wanting to get up in the middle of plays.

I give people a pass on being late -- all kinds of valid things that might take priority over getting to a game on time. But I'm with you 100% on people wanting to get up in the middle of plays.
I was at a game where one lady entered, left, re-entered at least 6 times. I mean, come on!

I attend Avs games, Rockies games, an occasional Nuggets game. The game day experience at Folsom this year has sucked. I sit on an aisle. I am constantly having to get up and let people in or out of our row.

🤣

PS: Argus had to remove yet another unruly fan from our section on Saturday. That makes 4 times in 6 games. Maybe this is the downside of a packed stadium and beer.

One idea, if Folsom were ever to be renovated, would be narrower sections. Maybe no more than 30 seats per rIf people

🤣

One idea, if Folsom were ever to be renovated, would be narrower sections. Maybe no more than 30 seats per row.
I
I was at a game where one lady entered, left, re-entered at least 6 times. I mean, come on!
If people walking in front of you bothers you, why get aisle seats? That's inevitable.

I had a dude and his son from Mississippi sitting next to me at Saturday's game. They had followed Prime at Jackson State and had made a point of coming to see a game in Folsom this year. The dad went to Mississippi State, not sure where the son, I think he said it was a Sunbelt school, but I didn't catch where.

They loved Folsom in terms of what it looked like. The way it fit in with the surrounding buildings and the campus in general. That's kind of where it all ended, though. I mostly talked to the dad, he was shocked at how bad our sound system was, was glad at the news of the new video screen because he was surprised ours was so small, and while he didn't say that it seemed dilapidated by SEC standards, I got the feeling he thought it was.

FWIW, they loved some parts of the gameday experience at CU, but they were unimpressed with our crowd. They were like, don't you guys make noise when the other team has the ball? Why is everyone so quiet? I kinda told them that it was better for NU and CSU. What I didn't say was that we were all waiting for everything to come crashing down around us, like it always does.

🤣

I'm on an aisle and also had a good amount of people going in and out. But I would much rather be on the aisle and have to deal with people coming and going.

Also on the aisle. It's crazy how many times I have to accommodate people leaving their seats. Sometimes the same person 4+ times during a game - and never at half or between quarters because they're all trying to beat the crowd.

The solution:

Inventions_-_toilet_chair_afrhfh.jpg

Also on the aisle. It's crazy how many times I have to accommodate people leaving their seats. Sometimes the same person 4+ times during a game - and never at half or between quarters because they're all trying to beat the crowd.
You must be in an upscale section where people leave to use restrooms. My section was like the Turkish prison from Midnight Express. We had a guy in our section straight up piss on the people in front of him. The guy in front of me at one game was bleeding profusely from his head, and it got all over the people next to him, but he never stopped pounding Coors Banquets and never once left his seat. We also had three fist fights and security never showed up for any of it.

You must be in an upscale section where people leave to use restrooms. My section was like the Turkish prison from Midnight Express. We had a guy in our section straight up piss on the people in front of him. The guy in front of me at one game was bleeding profusely from his head, and it got all over the people next to him, but he never stopped pounding Coors Banquets and never once left his seat. We also had three fist fights and security never showed up for any of it.
Sounds like you intended to see the Buffs play and a Raiders game broke out. Can't have that. Damn.

We had two altercations this year in our section. Both between women. The first one was funny, the second one not so much.

Oh I see the misunderstanding. We're talking about Folsom Field, not Folsom Prison.

They claimed with a straight face they couldn't build it any bigger at the time due to Boulder County wind mph regulations or something like that.

You can engineer almost anything if you are willing to pay for it.
As a 20+ year vet of the sign industry...especially the design portion, this is BS. You are correct...anything can be engineered if you are willing to pay for it.

As an aside, my company has done most of the (non-illuminated) signage within the stadium.

So were you in the student section or 216?

Swimming has two seasons. Long course and short course. Long course uses the 50 meter configuration and starts in January and lasts until early to mid summer. The month of Aug is the off-season. Short course uses the 25M configuration and starts in September and lasts until December.

BTW there are other 50M pools in the state besides DU and AFA. One in Ft Collins (not at csu), one in Grand Junction at Mesa, one in Lakewood, one in Arvada, and one in Thornton I think. There may be others.
They have one at the Olympic training center but it is not set up for spectators and competitions. Instead it is high teched out with multiple under and above water video systems and devices designed to pace swimmers so they can practice races at the pace they want to race at. It is programmable so that if for instance they are training for a 200m race each of the four legs will run at the speed they want and they can even pre-program it to change speed in the middle of a leg so for instance it they expect a swimmer to come out of the water on the start at a particular point and time it will be there waiting for them then at the end of the 200 if they are training for an extra kick in the last 25m it will do so as well.

Last edited:
If people walking in front of you bothers you, why get aisle seats? That's inevitable.
Agree. I had the option for aisle seats and chose to sit in the middle of the section. I almost never have to let people pass, as they exit either to the left or to the right of me. Pretty brilliant move I would say, bitches.

Agree. I had the option for aisle seats and chose to sit in the middle of the section. I almost never have to let people pass, as they exit either to the left or to the right of me. Pretty brilliant move I would say, bitches.
Except for those assholes that are constantly getting up and down in the row right in front of you. My story.

Back