What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread - #20/21 (AP/ Coaches)/ #20 (NET rankings) Men's bball on the road vs. #38 (NET) USC (L.A., Saturday, 2/1, 8:30 PM MT, FS1)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
The Buffs (16-5, 5-3) have/ had to quickly shake off the UCLA loss, as they still have the chance for a good weekend if they can defeat the Trojans (who are currently one game up on CU in the Pac 12 standings at 6-2 (17-4 overall)) tomorrow evening.

It's another late start for Colorado-based (or farther east) fans, as tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 PM MT, with Fox Sports 1 (FS1) on the (TV) call.

GO BUFFS- Beat usc!

Trojan's roster for Lookalike suggestions
- https://usctrojans.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

(Note- can't find a preview article in either cubuffs.com or buffzone.com as I write this, so will add them in a later post when they show up.)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Media links:
Game Notes
- Not available as I type this.

Live video - Game is being shown live on FS1. For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to that channel, assume the game can also be streamed through a link at https://www.foxsportsgo.com/ and/ or msn.foxsports.com .

Live Audio - https://cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=2402&type=Live or https://tunein.com/radio/Colorado-Basketball-s308227/?_branch_match_id=751894274950290445 . Game is also broadcast on the radio, typically on 850 AM and 94.1 FM.

Live stats - https://usctrojans.com/sidearmstats/mbball/summary

We must smash them. They are inferior. They are scum. They think we are weak. They are wrong. This is the win I wanted this week.

giphy.gif

I strongly dislike Andy Enfield. I'm pretty sure he's my least favorite coach in the conference actually. Bobby Hurley is obnoxious and has a punchable face, I actually respect Sean Miller even though I love making fun of him, Tad pretty much owns Dana Altman, but Enfield just oozes total sleazeball.

I strongly dislike Andy Enfield. I'm pretty sure he's my least favorite coach in the conference actually. Bobby Hurley is obnoxious and has a punchable face, I actually respect Sean Miller even though I love making fun of him, Tad pretty much owns Dana Altman, but Enfield just oozes total sleazeball.
Can't stand Bobby. Miller embodies everything wrong with college bball. Hate Dana for escaping the whole scandal thing a few years back - should have been canned, instead got a raise.

**** em all

Go Buffs!

Evan B is as lovable as any Buff ever, but I think he chose his words poorly here. I think we're better served emphasizing we have a plan and the ability to get things right, not that we're worried. Don't know how it ended up, but I remember with 2:41 left in the 1st, we had 1 offensive rebound.

'The loss against the Bruins was CU’s second consecutive on the road, and in three Pac-12 Conference games away from home, the Buffs have surrendered a whopping total of 43 offensive rebounds. For a team that typically has prided itself on its rebounding prowess throughout coach Tad Boyle’s 10-year tenure, it is a surprising shortcoming the Buffs will have to fix in a hurry before visiting a streaking USC team on Saturday night'.

“I’m scared, actually,” Battey said. “I know we’re going to fix it, but for right now I’m scared because teams are going to watch this tape and go to the glass like UCLA did."

I honestly love our veteran team after an L, so I feel strangely very good going into this game. I’m also blown away, that we’re only one point underdogs. So meanwhile, while everyone, including myself was overreacting to the L Thursday, we’re coming into a toss-up game. A Buff win tonight and a Stanford win and we’re in literally the same position in in the standings versus when the week started. But with a tie breaker in our pocket against USC. So, Go Standford, Go Buffs, let’s Uncancel the season! Also Wazou staying hot at home would be great too!

Evan B is as lovable as any Buff ever, but I think he chose his words poorly here. I think we're better served emphasizing we have a plan and the ability to get things right, not that we're worried. Don't know how it ended up, but I remember with 2:41 left in the 1st, we had 1 offensive rebound.

'The loss against the Bruins was CU’s second consecutive on the road, and in three Pac-12 Conference games away from home, the Buffs have surrendered a whopping total of 43 offensive rebounds. For a team that typically has prided itself on its rebounding prowess throughout coach Tad Boyle’s 10-year tenure, it is a surprising shortcoming the Buffs will have to fix in a hurry before visiting a streaking USC team on Saturday night'.

“I’m scared, actually,” Battey said. “I know we’re going to fix it, but for right now I’m scared because teams are going to watch this tape and go to the glass like UCLA did."
Maybe scared / worried is ok. There can be a fine balance between confidence and overconfidence. A little worry might be helpful.

This year’s Buff edition seems a notch up from a number of its recent predecessors. However, starting the conference with 5 of 7 home games could be misleading, and this road trip (along with trips to Oregon, Cal/Stanford and Utah) will define the season. I’m assuming we’ll win the 4 home games easily, but if we don’t win 3 of the 6 remaining road games I’m not sure that this team will be remembered as ‘special.’ Winning tonight could be crucial to getting a bye in the conference tournament.

Maybe scared / worried is ok. There can be a fine balance between confidence and overconfidence. A little worry might be helpful.

This year’s Buff edition seems a notch up from a number of its recent predecessors. However, starting the conference with 5 of 7 home games could be misleading, and this road trip (along with trips to Oregon, Cal/Stanford and Utah) will define the season. I’m assuming we’ll win the 4 home games easily, but if we don’t win 3 of the 6 remaining road games I’m not sure that this team will be remembered as ‘special.’ Winning tonight could be crucial to getting a bye in the conference tournament.
It is ok, imho. They know it's a problem for them. Everybody needs to board, not just the bigs. As much as the game is spaced, extended, whatever you want to call it. Your guards have to rebound. Rebounding is effort, for the most part. Get a body on somebody, and box the **** out, even on the perimeter. Sometimes, you simply have someone get the best of you because they have more athleticism and length. That doesn't mean you don't do what I said above. You'll win some of those battles, if you do.

If we can play D like we did against Oregon, esp 1st half, we can win. We need focus and desire. And confidence.

Go Buffs.

It looks like there is some boxing match on the channel the game is supposed to be on (FS1) and they are in round 3/12 in the main event. Anyone know what is up?

Boxing on FS1, was getting worried about an interutruption but I don't think Dallas Jr. is going to to last much longer.

I have like 6 pac 12 channels, but I still can't get the basketball game? Wtf?

If we can play D like we did against Oregon, esp 1st half, we can win. We need focus and desire. And confidence.
May be a lot of inside fouls - tho Tad says this a good ref crew. Strating, Ryder?
Go Buffs.

Better than 200 laps of truck racing.
Barely. Boxing is so bad these days. Welterweights methodically plodding around the ring. That's for a mediocre heavyweight fight, not what I expect from guys who weigh under 150 lbs.

Please let there be a knockout soon so we can get to the Buffs game.

Settling in well after a brutal first couple possessions each way.

I like how active our bigs are so far and that Kin is attacking the boards.

Back